Author Topic: Ubisoft Forward 2020  (Read 1828 times)

Ubisoft Forward 2020
« on: September 10, 2020, 03:47:49 pm »
Scott Pilgrim is back, Holiday 2020.  That's all, that's the message.

Re: Ubisoft Forward 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 03:57:16 pm »
I was so excited to hear about it.  I never got a chance to play it.

dhaabi

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 04:09:54 pm »
Hopefully a physical version is released by some means. Perhaps by Limited Run Games or another similar publisher? If not, another de-listing seems inevitable.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 04:21:33 pm »
Hopefully a physical version is released by some means. Perhaps by Limited Run Games or another similar publisher? If not, another de-listing seems inevitable.
I'm hoping full retail or bust.  I really hope it doesn't come from LRG.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 04:47:28 pm »
Scott Pilgrim I'm interested in.

Watch Dogs Legion disappointed me as a big Watch Dogs fan. Launches next month and it seems like we aren't getting any online multiplayer. Aiden Pearce returning is cool but I'm definitely waiting for a deep discount to play it.

Prince of Persia looks like a PS3 game.

I'm not sure what I even want from Ubisoft anymore. A few years ago they were my favorite publisher releasing stuff like Watch Dogs, South Park, new IP and other interesting games but now they just aren't doing it for me anymore.

pzeke

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 05:27:45 pm »
Probably the only LRG release I'll ever purchase if they get to release Scott Pilgrim physically. As recently as yesterday I was considering emulating the game, so this is quite serendipitous.

As for the Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time remake... Yikes. It does really look like a PS3 game.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 06:07:34 pm »
I heard Prince of Persia which I would have been more excited if it wasnt already leaked out

Then I heard about Scott Pilgrim coming back and I am more excited for that

But then I saw the trailer for PoP and yeah, this would have been fine if it came out last gen but the way it looks, its more like Ubisoft was like here take it or leave it.

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 06:27:15 pm »
Yeah the Prince of Persia remake is kinda rough.  Feels like they just didn't have the budget for better animations and character models or were rushed to release what they had since it's out in just a few months.

Having a chance to play Scott Pilgrim will be great as I never picked it up and then it was de-listed, so hopefully it gets an LRG physical release as it always seemed like a pretty cool brawler.  I'll probably grab it on Switch since that's become my retro brawler/platformer system as I have not much else to play on it most of the time.

sworddude

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2020, 07:05:28 am »

The game wasn't that popular as a download only in the past

LRG or some other limited run publisher is probably it's only shot at a physical release. Would love to be proven wrong though

Prince of persia remake is kinda interesting, it seems to me that they wanted to keep the art style a bit more cartoony instead of going all out realistic
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 07:07:59 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

telekill

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2020, 08:48:32 am »
I'm also pretty disappointed in the Prince of Persia remake graphics when next gen is right around the corner. They could have done so much more with it. I'm hoping Ubisoft hears this criticism and pushes the release back to give the game a more appropriate graphical update. Otherwise, I'll probably just stick with my PS2 copy of the game.

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2020, 10:57:11 am »

I'd honestly be fine with either, but unless it goes physical or a couple of bucks on Steam someday I can't see myself ever buying it or playing it.

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2020, 11:27:42 am »
Yeah, don't mind me, I'm just petty.  If no physical I'll definitely buy it digitally before it's inevitably delisted again.  If it's physical from anyone except LRG, I'll buy every version of it.  If it's physical from LRG, I'll buy a Switch standard begrudgingly.

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 12:51:57 pm »
Yeah, don't mind me, I'm just petty.  If no physical I'll definitely buy it digitally before it's inevitably delisted again.  If it's physical from anyone except LRG, I'll buy every version of it.  If it's physical from LRG, I'll buy a Switch standard begrudgingly.

LRG has been very vocal about it on Twitter since it was announced.  So much so that it makes me think they are definitely in negotiations for it.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2020, 05:03:14 pm »
Scott Pilgrim is back, Holiday 2020.  That's all, that's the message.

Hell yes.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2020, 05:33:00 pm »

The game wasn't that popular as a download only in the past

Sworddude. Apologies and no ill will intended but this is simply untrue. It was one of the best selling digital titles of 2010 and maintained that position well into 2011.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/02/09/psn-sales-figures-announced/

It was delisted from the PSN just a few months after the heavily delayed DLC was finally released partly because the license ran out and party because there was some controversy since some of the pixel art in the first release of the dlc turned out to be copied verbatim from another (non Ubisoft) game.

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/scott-pilgrim-dlc-has-last-minute-delay-243994.phtml

https://robbydude.tumblr.com/post/41869737441/the-top-part-of-the-image-are-shots-from-the-new

Creator, Brian Lee O'Malley says he thinks a physical release is currently being considered.

https://kotaku.com/after-some-confusion-scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-the-1845016428

Part of the reason folks were so vocal about the delisting was because many waited several years for the DLC that added online multiplayer only to miss the chance to purchase it. Folks that had been on the fence holding out to purchase at all for the inclusion of multiplayer also missed out.

Now we just need them to resurrect Turtles in Time Reshelled.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 05:40:44 pm by dashv »