Author Topic: VGCollect Secret Santa 2020!  (Read 17605 times)

Re: VGCollect Secret Santa 2020! Buy time!
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2020, 03:46:39 pm »
I just want to say that I had a very productive shopping day today.

« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2020, 04:05:05 pm »
Yeah, I've got ~$50-60 worth of stuff on hand for my SS, but I'm really thinking about buying a specific game for my SS... just gotta decide if I wanna buy it right away or maybe wait for a better price... plus gotsta find tootsies

« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2020, 05:05:22 pm »
Yeah, I've got ~$50-60 worth of stuff on hand for my SS, but I'm really thinking about buying a specific game for my SS... just gotta decide if I wanna buy it right away or maybe wait for a better price... plus gotsta find tootsies

I only got two of the things on their list so far, spent the entire $50 limit.  I'm still looking for more, though.  Don't wanna go too crazy, I have other people to shop for as well. 

Still, Santa never gives only 2 gifts... 

« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2020, 11:47:46 pm »
Eh, Ive seen folks get 2 gifts, I've received two gifts.  It happens.

I'm largely pulling things from my own collection so I dont have to hunt this year... but like I said I've got one thing I think I want to go out of my way for, but if I dont manage it, I've still got enough to go.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2020, 05:58:47 am »
Hey quick update,
Narrowed down what to get for my giftee :D

Thats it :D
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2020, 06:28:09 am »
Eh, Ive seen folks get 2 gifts, I've received two gifts.  It happens.

Yeah, my curated wish list isn't very long, and probably 75% of the game on there would take up most of the budget - but if I only got one of those, I would be fine with it.

pzeke

« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2020, 08:00:38 am »
If you get 2 gifts then that's it, be grateful—those are two more of whatever your collection is that you didn't have before. This attitude is exactly one of the reasons I don't bother with these type of events, that and the sense of entitlement some of the giftees tend to have.

If there's a price limit and I reached or went over it and you're just getting 2 gifts, then that's it, learn to live with it.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2020, 10:56:32 am »
If you get 2 gifts then that's it, be grateful—those are two more of whatever your collection is that you didn't have before. This attitude is exactly one of the reasons I don't bother with these type of events, that and the sense of entitlement some of the giftees tend to have.

If there's a price limit and I reached or went over it and you're just getting 2 gifts, then that's it, learn to live with it.

I'm not asking for 2 gifts or more for myself, I'm saying I don't want to look like an asshole and only get them 2 gifts while everyone else is being super generous it sounds like.

I don't even care if I don't get anything (which may be likely considering they never deliver packages directly to my door and instead I have to call around three campus offices to see if they can find anything.  Lost two packages already in my one year of living here. end rant.)  I want to be like you guys, I don't want my first ever Secret Santa to suck because I'm cheap. :(

That's all I'm saying.  I'm not an asshole, please don't be mad.

Flashback2012

« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2020, 12:23:36 pm »
I've gotten exactly one thing in the past and that was perfectly fine as I knew it was around the price of the cap. With shipping it hit the cap so I wasn't the least bit worried because I had it in hand (it was a bit of a pain to source locally which is why I threw it on my list). Going into these things I never expect more than one thing anyway so it's always a treat to get 2 or more.  8)

On my side, I've always been a quantity and have 3 games lined up at least for my recipient. I love doing the hunting and finding the games they want for as cheap as possible and passing those savings along. Right now I'm hunting for knick-knacks to include (and chili of course).  :P

kashell

« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2020, 01:29:45 pm »
The last gift has arrived! Now it's time to wrap it in lovely paper and get the entire package ready to ship!

pzeke

« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2020, 06:38:35 pm »
I'm not asking for 2 gifts or more for myself, I'm saying I don't want to look like an asshole and only get them 2 gifts while everyone else is being super generous it sounds like.

I don't even care if I don't get anything (which may be likely considering they never deliver packages directly to my door and instead I have to call around three campus offices to see if they can find anything.  Lost two packages already in my one year of living here. end rant.)  I want to be like you guys, I don't want my first ever Secret Santa to suck because I'm cheap. :(

That's all I'm saying.  I'm not an asshole, please don't be mad.

My post was more a broad statement, it wasn't directed at anyone, but I guess I can see where you're coming from. We're all a world apart either way, so we do things however we like.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

Flashback2012

« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2020, 03:25:09 am »
So semi-related to SS2020 shopping but Gamestop's new overhaul of their website could use another overhaul.  ::) I looked up a couple of games the other day (one a potential SS gift) and all 3 or 4 I looked up showed none in stock within a 100 mile radius. Yesterday I was in the West side of the metro area (which is about 8 miles away) and stopped at a GS there. I found one of the games I searched for.  :P Then today I'm about 30 miles North of the city and hit up another GS on the way home. The other 3 games I searched for were there.  :o

« Reply #117 on: October 26, 2020, 11:14:37 am »
So semi-related to SS2020 shopping but Gamestop's new overhaul of their website could use another overhaul.  ::) I looked up a couple of games the other day (one a potential SS gift) and all 3 or 4 I looked up showed none in stock within a 100 mile radius. Yesterday I was in the West side of the metro area (which is about 8 miles away) and stopped at a GS there. I found one of the games I searched for.  :P Then today I'm about 30 miles North of the city and hit up another GS on the way home. The other 3 games I searched for were there.  :o
I have been led to believe that Gamestop doesn't keep a database of what they have.  Back when I used to shop there I remember one time I was looking for a specific PS1 game (this was around 2013-2014), I wanted to save time searching and just asked them if they had the game in stock. He told me, no shit, that they don't keep a list and he had no idea.  So I searched, and found it. 
"Oh you found it? Okay cool."
That line is one of many reasons I don't do Gamestop anymore.  I miss the good ol' FuncoLand days.

kashell

« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2020, 11:21:14 am »
If memory serves, FuncoLand was kind of the catalyst that lead to Game Stop and their practices. The FuncoLands I went to were mostly pleasant so it might be a case by case basis.

Electronics Boutique was my favorite. For some reason, the ones I went to ALWAYS had what I was looking for whether it was a new release that I forgot to pre-order or something random I wanted to try.

« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2020, 11:22:56 am »
I have been led to believe that Gamestop doesn't keep a database of what they have.  Back when I used to shop there I remember one time I was looking for a specific PS1 game (this was around 2013-2014), I wanted to save time searching and just asked them if they had the game in stock. He told me, no shit, that they don't keep a list and he had no idea.  So I searched, and found it. 
"Oh you found it? Okay cool."
That line is one of many reasons I don't do Gamestop anymore.  I miss the good ol' FuncoLand days.
They absolutely do and should.  Back when I worked at GS (2012) we did regular title on hand counts and made sure to keep track of inventory.  Most stores will even search other store's inventories if customers are looking for something specific that the store doesn't have.