Author Topic: VGCollect Secret Santa 2020!  (Read 17587 times)

tripredacus

Re: VGCollect Secret Santa 2020! Buy time!
« Reply #210 on: December 16, 2020, 06:42:20 pm »

tripredacus

« Reply #211 on: December 16, 2020, 09:09:27 pm »
Here is the twitch address
https://www.twitch.tv/justmedashv

kashell

« Reply #212 on: December 16, 2020, 10:27:04 pm »
That was super fun, and it was so good to see everyone. I had a great time as always.

Major shout outs to ignition365 for being a good sport (I couldn't resist the red sparkles) and to FlashBack2012 for gifting me with a beautiful spread of gifts. I'm especially excited about going through Bloodstained finally.

2020 has become just a little bit brighter.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 07:09:03 am by kashell »

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #213 on: December 16, 2020, 10:49:53 pm »
I was too late to see the entire stream since it's 4 in the morning haha
Did we reach 100% completion regarding everybody getting their present?
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #214 on: December 16, 2020, 11:08:35 pm »
My Secret Santa went all in this year :)  The Gameboy candy tin is a nice touch (I ate all the candy on arrival)

« Reply #215 on: December 16, 2020, 11:57:37 pm »
Major shout outs to ignition365 for being a good sport (I couldn't resist the red sparkles)
I just finished cleaning  :'( :'( :'(

I shared the link to the unboxing to some folks who got a huge kick out of my trauma...

Anyway, Kash knocked it out of the park... other than his twisted razzley dazzley confetti and glitter.  I hadn't intended on taking part this year and iirc didn't explicitly express interest in taking part either, but I was entered anyway.  It's also not the only SS this year that I got volunteered to take part in ::).  Anyway, not a big deal, I love doing these each year, because it's always a blast.  I was just trying to not go out hunting or shopping, but it all turned out good.  Soera shot me a PM right at the deadline asking for wishlists because I didn't realize I was entered.  I don't know if I had sent Soera my normal wishlist of VGC wishlist + recommend things if you want or if I just went and said VGC wishlist because I was just trying to be quick at the last minute... but again, Kash knocked it out of the park.  Handful of games from my wishlist, a game that admittedly I do own digitally (forgive me  :-[) that I absolutely love and am glad to finally own physically and two other games not on my wishlist as recommendations.  Probably won't replay Code Vein anytime soon (especially with needing to finish Dark Souls III), but I'm definitely going to try to make time for Lost Child and Kotodama real soon.

soera

Re: VGCollect Secret Santa 2020!
« Reply #216 on: December 17, 2020, 01:08:06 am »
As of today, we are marked 100% received. Wish everyone a great rest of the year!

kashell

« Reply #217 on: December 17, 2020, 07:11:48 am »
My Secret Santa went all in this year :)  The Gameboy candy tin is a nice touch (I ate all the candy on arrival)

Dayum. Great haul! It looks like your first VG Collect SS was a success.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #218 on: December 17, 2020, 09:06:06 am »
Since I couldn't make it to the stream since it happens at 04:00 in the morning I decided to open my gifts as well!
I want to thank my Secret Santa sincerely for the games!

Whacked! [xbox]
Trapt [ps2]

Two games I have had my eyes on for a while! I'm looking forward to playing at the beginning of 2021.
Every year the Secret Santa tradition is a great surprise which I'm very grateful for that I'm allowed to join.
One day I will be able to join the stream haha
Again, thank you whoever was my Secret Santa!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #219 on: December 17, 2020, 12:13:53 pm »
Man i really wanted to be part of the steam last night!! I witched it this morning and it looks like everyone had such a great time!!!!  Sorry I couldn’t be there, next year for sure!

« Reply #220 on: December 17, 2020, 11:56:24 pm »
Thanks Santa.

telly

« Reply #221 on: December 18, 2020, 08:45:19 am »
My Santa absolutely went above and beyond this year. I'm not sure who it was, since I scribbled out the name as soon as I recieved it, but sincerely, thank you so much whoever you are!

The Mario ornament is already on my tree ;)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Flashback2012

« Reply #222 on: December 18, 2020, 09:58:07 am »
That was super fun, and it was so good to see everyone. I had a great time as always.

Major shout outs to ignition365 for being a good sport (I couldn't resist the red sparkles) and to FlashBack2012 for gifting me with a beautiful spread of gifts. I'm especially excited about going through Bloodstained finally.

2020 has become just a little bit brighter.

You're welcome.  ;D

That Bloodstained was part of my GameStop order from hell. There was another item as well but it was part of the group that time-traveled and showed delivered in Pompano Beach five days before I ever placed the order. Unfortunately, I couldn't source another copy in time and had to consider alternates and luckily found Death Mark instead. I was able to run down Bloodstained locally and once I did I saw it every-damn-where I went (so much in fact that I ended up getting myself a copy on XBONE as well).  :P

The Mega Man 8 I initially got was the GH version. I have a friend who runs a flea market booth and he had the Non-GH version. With a little finagling, he let me swap versions with him. He even had a PS1 set up so I could test it out.  ;) The Death Mark came from him as well.

I had wanted to include a few Kirby knick-knacks but for the life of me couldn't find any. I checked multiple book stores, GameStops, comic shops and flea market booths and NO ONE had anything Kirby knick-knack related. King Dedede was my consolation and I stumbled on those Mega Man backpack hangers at the 11th hour.  :P

Naturally the chili and the chips were the easiest to acquire and of course that Pac-Man VS from my Pac-Man VS super sekrut warehouse.  8)

Speaking of, I guess people ought to know why I have so many of those. I acquired them during my time at GameStop years ago. If I remember right they were a pre-order bonus/freebie that Nintendo sent to all of the stores. At the time I was a keyholder and the managers of the stores in my area were buddies so they used me to fill shifts whereby I got to work in multiple stores in the area. None of these stores gave out their Pac-Man VS discs so I asked if I could have them and at one point had like 20 of the damn things. For years now I've been giving them away as stocking stuffers or for other Secret Santas I've participated in on other forums and finally on here as well.

« Reply #223 on: December 18, 2020, 12:56:29 pm »
I had a great time opening on stream with everyone, as per usual!

I've got know idea who my SS was, but like everyone else, they nailed this year.  Thanks, kind stranger!

« Reply #224 on: December 18, 2020, 04:30:59 pm »
I've got know idea who my SS was, but like everyone else, they nailed this year.  Thanks, kind stranger!

You're welcome!  ;D