Author Topic: Super Smash Bros  (Read 4745 times)

Re: Super Smash Bros
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2021, 05:32:05 pm »
And with the final Smash reveal tomorrow, what we think its gonna be?  I know the internet hype is all over Sora from Kingdom Hearts right now, which I don't think is likely myself.  Not impossible, but think that one has some extra hurdles being involved with Disney and not just Square.  Personally, I think at this point, I want to see something Sony related to round out Smash Bros as being one of the best "game that celebrates gaming".  With that, I would say Crash Bandicoot, even if he's not a mascot anymore for Sony, his history is good enough for that and would be great to have Mario, Sonic, and Crash all in one game.  I guess a more likely inclusion in regards to a modern character would be like Aloy, who's been in other games already, maybe Kratos...Ratchet & Clank?  Ratchet & Clank would probably be a fun one for their different weapons and such they could use.  I'm really not sure if we see a Sony rep happening, I could see Sony not wanting to do that with the idea of maybe them attempting Playstation All-Stars again, but who knows.

All I know is that tomorrow, a lot of irrational people will be very upset, which is incredibly dumb, but inevitable due to people overhyping themselves.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2021, 06:24:35 pm »
I honestly have no Idea who I would even want to see. Only guess is that it is going to be a Nintendo character.

I do have a part of me wanting it to be an "another anime sword fighter" just to see the Salt that would create.

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2021, 06:32:20 pm »
I honestly have no Idea who I would even want to see. Only guess is that it is going to be a Nintendo character.

I do have a part of me wanting it to be an "another anime sword fighter" just to see the Salt that would create.

I can't deny a tiny part of me would be amused at that, but done this way...Oh, Sakurai is gonna add an anime character, a first for the series! But it's not Goku, it's Saber from Fate lol

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2021, 10:56:30 am »
Well, Sora it is.  Not terribly exciting to me, but a good "big, bold" choice in terms of hype and fan engagement.

dhaabi

« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2021, 11:22:07 am »
I'm not a fan of Super Smash Bros., but I do stay up-to-date with the series. I really enjoyed the throwback to the Inkling's announcement trailer.

« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2021, 01:15:45 pm »
Yeah Sora isn't a big deal for me either, though I generally like the Kingdom Hearts series, but I know he was a big favorite people wanted to see, so that works out to be a nice end for the game as the final character.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2021, 01:37:23 pm »
And Waluigi gets snuffed again

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2021, 03:08:09 pm »
I actually thought Sora wasn't gonna happen, specifically because of the Disney connection it had, that it would make it harder to deal with, but I never thought they'd just remove all of that stuff from the character entirely, which makes a lot of sense, even if does sorta feel like a part of the character is missing something, but they did it well enough to make it work and he does animate really well, can tell they went all out as the last character.  Real crazy to see just how many characters are in the game now with 89 in total lol

covfefe2020

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2021, 03:51:05 pm »
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020

sworddude

« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2021, 05:48:05 pm »
Pretty nice ending to the roster. Not my first pick but it's a very excellent addition to smash,
Your Stylish Sword Master!

mrkonasoni

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2021, 01:53:19 am »
Kinda happy Smash Ultimate ended.

Both Fighter Pass were 4/10 for me, I liked a bunch of characters but most ones are stuff I will survive if I don't buy it.

Still, let's hope people that wanted it enjoy it.
But sincerely... I am more excited for Garfield in the Nickelodeon Smash clone.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

aliensstudios

« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2021, 07:29:27 pm »
Kinda happy Smash Ultimate ended.

Both Fighter Pass were 4/10 for me, I liked a bunch of characters but most ones are stuff I will survive if I don't buy it.

Still, let's hope people that wanted it enjoy it.
But sincerely... I am more excited for Garfield in the Nickelodeon Smash clone.
I have your same exact sentiments. Terry and Banjo Kazooie were cool, but every other fighter were dumb to me. I could've skipped the entire 2nd DLC and saved some money but it is what it is. I should have known they'd never top King K. Rool, Simon and Richter Belmont with mere DLC. I don't even play Smash Bros. anymore.

Garfield in Nickelodeon? That would be amazing actually.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2021, 08:05:00 pm »
Garfield in Nickelodeon? That would be amazing actually.
Nickelodeon's parent company actually owns Garfield now so it makes sense.