Author Topic: 52 Games Challenge 2021  (Read 1610 times)

Re: 52 Games Challenge 2021
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2021, 12:07:43 pm »
Damn! It's awesome to see how on the ball people are with this challenge this year already! I need to get my ass in gear and quit playing so much video pinball and actually beat some more games! Might actually jump into one tonight ;)

I know what you mean.

I’m fully immersed in Cyberpunk. Apart from the numerous crashes, I am really enjoying the game and not ready to move on anytime soon.

52 games may be a stretch!

I felt the same way, at least until the end of the game. The endings all leave a lot to be desired, even the "best" secret ending. Maybe you'll like them more, but the ending really put a damper on the experience for me. Otherwise I loved it and could not put it down despite all the performance and glitch issues on the PS4.

kayevel

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2021, 07:46:48 am »
Returning as no longer someone who buys games and doesn't play them, but someone who plays games and doesn't buy any bc I'm broke as fuck. Tmi but shoutouts to my adhd meds reigning in my impulse spending and giving me a resemblance of an attention span. Couldn't attempt this without you bby

The organizer in me is loving seeing these different layouts. The lazy-ass in me is appreciating that I don't have to come up with something creative myself.

Italicized games are beaten. Challenge games are ones I don't necessarily expect to (be able to) finish.

52 Games 2021
1. Kirby's Dream Course (SNES) [01/08 - ]
2. Final Fantasy VIII (PS1) [01/09 - ]

Challenge Games
Devil May Cry (PS1)
Ninja Gaiden (NES)
Final Fantasy X (PS2) NSGNS and/or Rikku SCC (only one will count towards the 52 total)
Touhou 10 ~ Mountain of Faith (PC) (with or without continuing)
No, really.

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2021, 08:12:23 am »
I've been playing a lot of short games this past week or so, and it's a gamerscore month, so more short games are on the way... I'm nearing 20 games beat already.

Gosh, yeah, I'm already pushing into my 2nd content post (3rd post overall).
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 12:36:22 pm by ignition365 »

tripredacus

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2021, 09:48:06 am »
I took Minecraft: Project Ozone 3 off my list because while it is still in my regular rotation, I haven't played it yet this year.
Also had difficulty staying connected to battle.net, which has been a thing for me for a little while now, so I wasn't able to play BO4 this week. So Instead I moved up DNF into my schedule... a game that I've had installed for years but never finished. I did beat the SP on Friday night, but won't take it off my list until I finish the DLC mission.

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2021, 05:17:09 pm »
04. Severed || PlayStation Vita || 01.11.21

Unlike DrinkBox Studios's previous projects, Severed tells a story steeped in loss, anger, revenge, and, eventually, acceptance. With your family taken and your arm severed, the player assumes the role of daughter Sasha on a hunt to save her family and to get revenge at the evil which wronged her and she ventures in the unknown world that they all now are inhabit. Relying upon touch screen controls, Severed features dungeon-crawling exploration in pair with rhythmic and strategic battles controlled by screen swipes. As you lay low to the demons which attack you, their body parts may be severed and harvested for unlocking new abilities within a branching skill tree. As you progress, further resources to aid yourself both in battle and in exploration are collected. While the story is as-expected, the gameplay is captivating and makes excellent use of the PlayStation Vita's touch screen capabilities. I highly recommend those who have even the slightest interest in dungeon-crawlers and rhythm-paced action gameplay to consider playing Severed. Being ported to also the Wii U, 3DS, Switch, and iOS, Severed has numerous options to play if you're one without a Vita. That being said, I greatly consider Severed to be a must-play for Vita owners.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 11:29:55 am by dhaabi »

koemo1

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2021, 05:10:35 pm »
I do not want to totally undo my current system, so the idea will be I will start a new game, or finish a previously started game on a Monday. If I beat the game before the end of the week, I'll continue my existing schedule.

Quote from: Ignition365's Legend
bold games are games that have been beaten, previously beaten, or are unbeatable.
italicized games are in progress.
standard games are games I am not currently trying to beat.
strikethrough games are games that have been abandoned.

1. Metro 2033 Redux
2. Endless Legend
3. Skyrim LE (68 of 75 achievements)
4. Borderlands 3 (endless)
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 MP (83% MP, gold tactical)
6. Civilization V (123 of 286 achievements)
7. Duke Nukem Forever
8. Alien: Isolation

Games beaten: 1
Games abandoned: 1

Game reviews: https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,11230.msg185942.html#msg185942
Good luck with Duke Nukem Forever! I enjoyed the game but I had a lot of difficulty getting passed the flying octopus/squid  !
Currently a graduate student History of Politics & Society at Utrecht University
Playing:
Demon's Souls [PS5], Zelda: Breath of the Wild [WiiU], Tomb Raider [PS1] & Link's Crossbow Training [Wii]

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2021, 11:11:14 am »
[1] Cyberpunk 2077 ~ PS4 ~ 13.01.21

Mostly, I very much enjoyed my time with Cyberpunk. The world is amazing (if slightly overwhelming), the main story and side quests are great and the combat is varied and enjoyable.

I played on PS5 and my main problem was numerous crashes...I counted 28 in my 60 hours playtime. It was very distracting.

I also found the ending I got rather unsatisfying, but I didn't complete every single side quest, so maybe that's on me.

I'd like to give it another playthrough as a katana user....maybe when all the bugs are ironed out.

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2021, 10:56:18 pm »
05. Feel the Magic: XY/XX || Nintendo DS || 01.13.21

As an action mini-game compilation in the same vein as WarioWare, Feel the Magic: XY/XX offers an enjoyable—yet, at times, also aggravating— gaming experience. Utilizing both the touch and microphone hardware capabilities of the DS, Feel the Magic follows the thin narrative of a young man as he seeks to capture the attention of his new love interest as he finds himself in one wild experience after another. With roughly thirty mini-games compiled in a single playthough, most of the segments rely upon either swiping or tapping the stylus, but there are a few which require to breathe or to create noise through the system's built-in microphone. While Feel the Magic can be completed by most in about two to three hours, there is definitely some difficulty among many of the mini-games; newcomers will definitely lose from time to time. If you're looking for a further challenge, Hard and Hell difficulties are also available, albeit I personally finished the game with a satisfied amount of challenge on the normal setting, although I may re-visit Feel the Magic at a later time to see just how extreme the difficulty can be. While I can't report this as a must-have for DS owners, I can still acknowledge that there's good fun to be had, and, at the game's cheap price, I can certainly recommend for others to consider playing it if they're on the hunt for a light-hearted but still challenging game to play.

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2021, 02:05:26 pm »
[1] Cyberpunk 2077 ~ PS4 ~ 13.01.21

Mostly, I very much enjoyed my time with Cyberpunk. The world is amazing (if slightly overwhelming), the main story and side quests are great and the combat is varied and enjoyable.

I played on PS5 and my main problem was numerous crashes...I counted 28 in my 60 hours playtime. It was very distracting.

I also found the ending I got rather unsatisfying, but I didn't complete every single side quest, so maybe that's on me.

I'd like to give it another playthrough as a katana user....maybe when all the bugs are ironed out.

your experience was very similar to mine. And I spoiled the other endings and they really aren't that great either. I also romanced Judy which is way better than any of the other romance options by far. Rivers is freakin awkward as hell, Panam's is just super unsatisfying, and Kerry's is okay I guess.

« Reply #54 on: Today at 03:10:36 am »
your experience was very similar to mine. And I spoiled the other endings and they really aren't that great either. I also romanced Judy which is way better than any of the other romance options by far. Rivers is freakin awkward as hell, Panam's is just super unsatisfying, and Kerry's is okay I guess.

I romanced Panam which ended up a bit weird. Your line to initiate the cut scene is 'Oh yeah, Let's go.' Yuck!

telly

PRO Supporter

« Reply #55 on: Today at 12:51:53 pm »
Game 1 – Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Final Mix (PS4)

Ventus – 10 hours
Terra – 6 hours
Aqua – 10 hours
Final Episode – 1 hour
Total time – 27 hours

It’s such a great feeling picking up a Kingdom Hearts game again after being away from the series for about 10 years. I’ve only played KH I and II, and never followed or watched anything Kingdom Hearts since beating those two games. So I’m excited to play through some of these other titles that I never experienced as well as revisit the games I’ve already finished.

I’ve always loved the gameplay in Kingdom Hearts, and this game is no exception. It’s incredibly deep and fun, and as I played the three different characters, I experimented with more and more of the combat system and gained a deeper appreciation of the combat mechanics over time. There’s also a lot of secrets, collectables, secret challenges and hidden bosses to keep you occupied for a long time. Most of the minigames are awful, but there’s a cool arena that was fun at least.

This game is a weird one when it comes to story. Even though it’s the first in the series chronologically, I feel like the developers expect you to have a basic knowledge about the world of Kingdom Hearts, and know other small details like the cameos of the Organization XIII members, many of whom have no importance in the story. I also don’t know how I felt about the three story system. It was interesting at first to play through each character to gain their perspective of the events of the story, but after playing through as Ventus and Terra, I’d basically seen everything the game has to offer in terms of areas and bosses, and it got very repetitive. In addition, Aqua’s story really doesn’t even add anything much at all to the overall story which made playing as her the worst of the three.

On the topic of repetitive gameplay, I really didn’t like most of the Disney worlds you get to explore. Most of them felt very boring and simple, and you can beat each one in 30-40 minutes tops. And the fact that each world is piece-mealed among the three characters make it even worse.
There were three other small things that I wasn’t the fan of. It was really disappointing that there was only one Final Fantasy character in the whole game. I also found that the voice acting for Terra and Aqua was not very good, which sucks the impact out of important moments in the story. Lastly, the music is a combination of awesome and obnoxiously annoying  and repetitive, and having to play though each world three times doesn’t help. Looking at you Disney Town and Castle of Dreams.
Currently Playing:
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PS4)
Stardew Valley (co-op, PC), Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (co-op, GC)

My music collection ^-^