Author Topic: What is the most regretful thing in your collection?  (Read 5764 times)

What is the most regretful thing in your collection?
« on: February 10, 2021, 11:50:21 pm »
Just curious ???,

Whats the one item you have in your collection that makes you think "WHY did i buy that or "That was a mistake"? Mine would be this Double Dragon plug in and play joystick crap (https://vgcollect.com/item/172371) that plays the NES version of double dragon.

I got it from k-mart 2 years ago on a boxing day sale reduced from $30AUD to about $10 (and i still think i over paid) every time i look at it I think to myself what a joke.

Show me what you got..

Re: What is the most regretful thing in your collection?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 02:15:18 am »
Probably Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! - Collector's Edition on 3DS. I thought it would be valuable like the game before it was but nope.

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 02:25:51 am »
Me? nothing I can think of that I purchased on my own, I usually have a rule when it comes to adding a game to my collection so I don't regret at a later time. and I go by my instincts, I usually don't buy superhero based games or games that have to do with a movie that came out. My gut feeling is generally most movie or television show licensed retro games, i believe are frustrating  and unfun games from the get go.

So I don't buy them even if they are cheap.  also I don't buy rhythm games or most turn based RPGs. Or any Wii game because I don't like waggling the motion controls and Wii Mote for anything other then Wii Sports and it's Mii spin offs.

I don't buy educational games or puzzle games but the ones I have are inside compilations tied with other more interesting games. My tastes are

1 Sandbox Style Games
2: First Person Shooters
3: Racing Games
4: Mostly Any Sports Video Game
6: Video Games With Multiple Games included in one package
7: Most Arcade Based Games
8 Shoot em Ups
9: Beat Em Ups
10 Fighting Games
11. Easy Strategy Games
12. Third Person Shooters
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 02:27:47 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

bizzarnage

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 02:57:15 am »
Cyberpunk 2077 Collectors Edition.

I'll die with a scowl because of it.
Do I look like I celebrate Festivus? 依ヴど疫 ヺ び慰

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 05:32:17 am »
I was gifted Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey for the PS1. It's not a good game. It's a very bad game with only one pinball table. I regret that game coming into my life.

PaleManInBlack

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 06:53:09 am »
Cyberpunk 2077 Collectors Edition.

I'll die with a scowl because of it.
Imagine how those people who bought the console must be feeling :D

telekill

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 09:35:35 am »
Reference specific games:
I'm not sure I still have anything in my collection that I regret. I would generally get rid of (sell off) the games I didn't like. I guess Division 2 (PS4) would be close as it took up over 100GB of space and I barely played it having not really enjoyed it much... but I got it when it was only $5 at Gamestop new. I feel I got $5 of entertainment out of it and then I deleted it off the hard drive.

See below for biggest regret ever.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 11:21:58 am by telekill »

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 10:30:56 am »
Not really one thing but trying to keep up with early limited run ps4/vita games, i stuck around until release 150 orso after that i just got so burned out from their overload off releases each week, i bought maybe 4-5 games from them since then.
Should've known better the desire of these limited print games would fade away over time.

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2021, 10:36:11 am »
I occasionally question whether or not I really need my Virtual Boy.  Especially since it needs a resolder.

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2021, 10:55:38 am »
Within a week or buying my house, Amazon did a Prime day and I bought both The Order 1886 CEs and the Destiny CE.  Definitely regret those purchases.

Regret a lot of LRG purchases... a lot.

telekill

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2021, 11:21:08 am »
Not really one thing but trying to keep up with early limited run ps4/vita games,

You know what?.... Yeah... the entire Vita system is the biggest regret in my collection. Sony simply took a massive dump on Playstation fans that were early adopters of the handheld. I got the $300 3G one and spent another $100 on the largest memory card available. Then I got a nice case for it and a few launch games. Probably $600 spent at launch. Then after two years there was nothing releasing that was worth playing. Biggest disappointment in Playstation history. Biggest waste of money in gaming I've ever spent. In fact, if they were to announce a remake of Uncharted Golden Abyss for PS5, I'd sell my PSV and everything with it in a heartbeat.

Man the way the industry and Sony in general handled the Vita really pissed me off.

kashell

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2021, 11:35:42 am »
Maybe Kirby: Battle Royale on the 3DS. I'm a big Kirby fan and this game is just awful. I regret playing it and really regret buying it day one.

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2021, 12:34:58 pm »
Maybe buying Codename S.T.E.A.M at launch for €45 euros only to see it reduce dramatically in price. I even saw a copy new for €1 several months later.

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2021, 12:45:04 pm »
Maybe buying Codename S.T.E.A.M at launch for €45 euros only to see it reduce dramatically in price. I even saw a copy new for €1 several months later.

Yeah, I've got three extra copies sitting around that I got on clearance at like $1.50.  I haven't even played my original copy yet.

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2021, 01:01:30 pm »
Ninjabreadman for the Wii. The less I say about that game the better. I picked it up used at Gamestop for 99 cents. I could've bought some gum that would've been more entertaining and longer lasting that this game. I beat it in 30 minutes and shelved it, I never touched it again until I moved.