Author Topic: Which games cover art completely turned you away from the game?  (Read 2779 times)

wartoy

PRO Supporter

Re: Which games cover art completely turned you away from the game?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2021, 05:06:01 pm »
For me it was the original mega man worst box art ever.

kashell

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2021, 11:18:29 am »
I can't think of any game where the box art was the deciding factor of whether or not I picked the game up.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2021, 03:45:13 pm »
In the age of the internet, I don’t think it’s happened.
Now if we go back to the days of renting NES games at the video store, I know I passed up some gems because of bad art.
Journey to Silius is a good example. I never gave that game a shot even though I saw the cover a bunch of times at the rental joint.

ferraroso

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2021, 01:17:13 am »
Of the games I own, this is, by far, my favorite "so bad it's good" kind of cover art.

And for as much as I love this cover, I've never played the game... Haha

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2021, 03:58:26 am »
I may have never seen this game before but I thought it should belong in this thread lol

Strike Force Bowling

https://vgcollect.com/item/2530
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

telekill

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2021, 08:17:53 am »
I don't think I've decided to not buy a game because of the cover art, but there have been a handful of times where I didn't like the cover art and decided to make my own. Currently doing that with the Mass Effect Legendary Edition.

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2021, 02:57:09 pm »
I would imagine that the OG Megaman cover art would've turned people away form buying it at first!
The definition of "don't judge a book by its cover"!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2021, 04:57:12 pm »
Of the games I own, this is, by far, my favorite "so bad it's good" kind of cover art.

I don’t know what’s going on in that game, but it sure looks like those gentlemen are happy.

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2021, 05:04:25 pm »

I don’t know what’s going on in that game, but it sure looks like those gentlemen are happy.

it looks like 2 Japanese tourists touring their own country. and seeing stars for the vary first time. does anyone know what the title of this game is called? ;D
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

dhaabi

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2021, 06:25:50 pm »
it looks like 2 Japanese tourists touring their own country. and seeing stars for the vary first time. does anyone know what the title of this game is called? ;D

The title of the game is Jounetsu Nekketsu Athletes: Nakimushi Coach no Nikki. It's a typical sports training simulation game. Sadly, no tourists, it seems.

ferraroso

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2021, 09:50:33 pm »
The title of the game is Jounetsu Nekketsu Athletes: Nakimushi Coach no Nikki. It's a typical sports training simulation game. Sadly, no tourists, it seems.

Yeah. It translates as "Passionate Hot Blooded Athletes: The Diary of a Crybaby Coach"

But I prefer oldgamerz's description way better! Haha

pzeke

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2021, 08:06:59 am »
Karnaaj Rally amd Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - Konami's Best.

The former isn't particularly a bad game, but I don't regret not getting it then, while for the latter I already knew about (it's Castlevania after all), I eventually ended up getting the original release years later off eBay.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2021, 08:48:59 am »
I'm trying to think of it, there was a game, I ignored it for years because the cover art had me thinking it was like a sports game or something, but it was actually a completely different genre.  I think it was PS2. 

Hurricanes for SNES comes to mind too for the same reason.  idk, the actual game I'm thinking of escapes me.

Warmsignal

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2021, 10:28:21 pm »
For a long time, I'd pass right by Michael Jordan Chaos in the Windy City, because I assumed it was just another in a slew of totally rad 1990s basketball game titles, like Barkley's SHUT UP AND JAM, or Slam City with Scottie Pippen. Turns out, it's actually a side-scrolling action platformer. Who'd of thunk?

dhaabi

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2021, 01:09:22 pm »