Author Topic: March 2021 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased New  (Read 5787 times)

telekill

Re: March 2021 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased New
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2021, 08:22:34 am »
Getting my tax return in a week or so and I decided to pull the trigger on finally buying myself an Everdrive for my Sega Game Gear. Looks like the newer X7 model performs how one would hope it would without the constant load times for each ROM. I can't wait to finally get one.

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2021, 11:05:38 am »
Getting my tax return in a week or so and I decided to pull the trigger on finally buying myself an Everdrive for my Sega Game Gear. Looks like the newer X7 model performs how one would hope it would without the constant load times for each ROM. I can't wait to finally get one.

I love these things so much. They've really quenched my desire to buy more retro games for the most part.

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2021, 11:15:17 am »
Went to an awesome collectors meetup over the weekend and bought a bunch of stuff as usual. Some games, but mostly consoles that range in condition from being immaculate, to to ones that just don't work. Both PS1s are getting Xstations and PS1digitals installed, the white Dreamcast is being completely transformed, but I'm debating on what to do with the Sega Sports Dreamcast on account they're pretty hard to find (I'll probably leave that one alone for now). All the GBAs work, but their all in poor cosmetic shape; they're all getting reshelled and fully modded accept one which will be fully consolized at some point. Gameboy Color does not work, but it's getting repairs and screen modded. The N64 works great, but I'll be doing an UltraHDMI and universal cart slot mod on this one at some point. And then finally the NES Top Loader does not work at all, but I plan on repairing and RGB modding it in the near future.

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2021, 12:18:44 pm »
Went to an awesome collectors meetup over the weekend and bought a bunch of stuff as usual. Some games, but mostly consoles that range in condition from being immaculate, to to ones that just don't work. Both PS1s are getting Xstations and PS1digitals installed, the white Dreamcast is being completely transformed, but I'm debating on what to do with the Sega Sports Dreamcast on account they're pretty hard to find (I'll probably leave that one alone for now). All the GBAs work, but their all in poor cosmetic shape; they're all getting reshelled and fully modded accept one which will be fully consolized at some point. Gameboy Color does not work, but it's getting repairs and screen modded. The N64 works great, but I'll be doing an UltraHDMI and universal cart slot mod on this one at some point. And then finally the NES Top Loader does not work at all, but I plan on repairing and RGB modding it in the near future.

Sometimes you can actually buy a modded NA PS1 that plays Japanese games just like one of my relatives has. do you know if those either of those 2 PlayStation 1 consoles can play Japanese games? Sometimes when you buy something used you don't know it's history, unless the seller says something. Sometimes not even the seller knows. This is a longshot but it is somewhat possible
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 12:22:48 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2021, 01:09:39 pm »

Sometimes you can actually buy a modded NA PS1 that plays Japanese games just like one of my relatives has. do you know if those either of those 2 PlayStation 1 consoles can play Japanese games? Sometimes when you buy something used you don't know it's history, unless the seller says something. Sometimes not even the seller knows. This is a longshot but it is somewhat possible

There are region free mods for various consoles that employe region protection, but the thing is with most of these mods is that they're dependent on the disc drives which are all quite old at this point and failing constantly. There has been a massive breakthrough though pertaining to this issue which not only eliminates the need for disc drives, but also for region free mod ships and whatnot. ODEs or Optical Disc Emulators replace the console's disc drive entirely and instead use a SATA connection or SD card reader to place disc images off storage media like an SD card or SSD instead of a disc. This is huge since 20-30 years from now it might be extremely hard to find a functioning PS1 or Saturn, and ODEs ensure that people will still be able to play games on them long after the drives fail or the games become unplayable due to disc rot and damage. It really is the future of disc based retro gaming imo.

On top of that there are other future proofing mods that will go into many of these like HDMI output, updated internal batteries, and recapping the main board and PSU. And for the record, I do not throw away any working device or component that is removed from the console. I will definitely be holding onto any working disc drives in the event someone needs one or if one in one of my consoles fails.

But hopefully that answers your question.

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2021, 10:39:25 am »
Amazon listed New Super Mario U Deluxe and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for $60.  I bought the set, sold Mario Kart for $45 and ended up with the Switch version of New Super Mario U for about $18 after taxes.

Also, thanks to jason and VGCollect as a whole, I won the Analouge Mini NT Noir, which now sits proudly at the front of my shelf.

Oh, and Wally World had Owlboy on clearance today!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 01:47:21 pm by Cartagia »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2021, 03:52:37 pm »
Been adding a bunch of digital-only titles to my Xbox One. A few I already had on other systems, but you know, achievements. A few others I didn't already have:

-Battletoads Reboot
-The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
-The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II
-The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III
-The Messenger
-Ori and the Blind Forest
-Ratchet & Clank Reboot (PS4)
-Shadow Complex Remastered
-Shalnor Legends
-Shantae: 1/2 Hero Genie
-Shantae and the Seven Sirens
-Sky Force Anniversary
-Strider Reboot
-Stubbs the Zombie Remastered (pre-order)
-Titanfall 2 (Normally I'd go for the physical version but it was only $1.99!)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 04:42:55 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2021, 12:47:35 pm »
Pillars of Eternity II - Deadfire was $10 at Wal-Mart.  It has a disc, but it has a steam code and you need Steam to play - but it was still 1/4 the cost on Steam!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2021, 03:15:45 pm »
Xbox Series X and the Memory Expansion for it.

Oh yeah!

shfan

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2021, 01:30:47 pm »
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury and Link's Awakening for the Switch, both bought new with credit from my local independent game shop. Been clearing out, always clearing out these days.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2021, 06:46:22 pm »
Here are my purchases so far this month,I got a couple of really cool finds too.

Wii

Attack of the Movies 3d
Turbo Super Stunt Squad

PS4

Disney Infinity 2.0
Disney Infinity  3.0
WWE 2k15

Genesis

Clayfighter
Lethal Enforcers
Race Driving
LHX Attack  Chopper

Game boy (been having alot of luck collecting for this system lately)

Avenging Spirit 
Arcade Classic  No.1 Asteroids/Missile Comand
T.M.N.T III Radical Rescue

Game boy Micro

Blue Final Fantasy Game boy Micro complete in box with game (Japan)

Xbox Series X

Valhalla

Xbox One X

C.O.D advanced warfare
WWE 2K16
Mud Runner
NBA 2K14
NBA 2K15
The Division
Madden 15
Mafia Definitive Edition
Fifa 15
Star Wars Battefront Deluxe edition
Rock band 4 with guitar
Rock band Rivals with blue special edition guitar
Trackmania tm Turbo
Battlefield Hardline
NHL 16

Switch

Gray switch light
Azure Strikers Gunvolt Striker Pack
Close to the Sun
Minecraft Dungeon
Ary secret of seasons
Creature in the Well
Hyper Light Drifter special edition
Fallen Legion Revenants

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2021, 09:37:43 pm »
Switch
Bravely Default II
Dead or School
Gal Metal - World Tour
Waifu Uncovered

eShop
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae (thanks vgcollect for the $5 I put towards this)

Pre-ordered
No More Heroes collectors edition
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle collectors edition
Bloodstained Curse of the moon 2

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2021, 02:41:15 pm »
I traded my Atari 2600 and a few games for Super Mario RPG!

megasilverx1

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2021, 03:58:34 pm »
One notable thing I've found so far this month is the Hong Kong release of a Game Boy game called Super Chinese Land 3. I didn't even know Nintendo released Game Boy games in Hong Kong and China back in the mid/late 90s. I posted a few pictures of it on my twitter

Cartridge front https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExGyZzyWUAEflCm?format=jpg&name=large

Board front https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExGyaPkWQAcqDen?format=jpg&name=large

Board back https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExGyalwXEAQHmHf?format=jpg&name=large

Cartridge back https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExGya48WQAwx920?format=jpg&name=large

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2021, 03:44:29 pm »
I got Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Launch Edition for the PS5.

I don't have a PS5, nor does it look like I'll be able to get one any time soon, but I'm starting to collect the games at least.