Author Topic: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34411 times)

soera

Re: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #225 on: May 28, 2012, 02:08:07 pm »
Yeah thats why I went ahead and bit on it. The only downside was no dogbone. :(
The originals are better anyway :D

Blasphemy! The dogbone fixed the annoying sharp corners of the original and made the thing comfortable to hold for hours on end. :)

scott

« Reply #226 on: May 28, 2012, 02:29:59 pm »

Blasphemy! The dogbone fixed the annoying sharp corners of the original and made the thing comfortable to hold for hours on end. :)

I've never head a problem with the original controller's so called "sharp corners".  ;)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #227 on: May 28, 2012, 03:03:02 pm »

I loved my dogbone when I first got it but after a couple hours of playing it just doesn't feel right so I switched back.

« Reply #228 on: May 29, 2012, 12:36:21 am »

I've never head a problem with the original controller's so called "sharp corners".  ;)

Me either....guess Soera has little sensitive girly-man hands. That's what I heard anyway ;)
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

soera

« Reply #229 on: May 29, 2012, 01:35:51 am »
The ladies like em!  ;)

forte

« Reply #230 on: May 29, 2012, 05:15:44 pm »
Got this bad boy in the mail today, never folded "Acquired via Nintendo Employee" apparently

madmax

« Reply #231 on: May 29, 2012, 11:38:59 pm »
Frame that badboy and keep it out of direct sunlight ;)

« Reply #232 on: May 30, 2012, 01:53:15 am »
@forte That's awesome, congrats!

desocietas

« Reply #233 on: May 30, 2012, 09:50:50 pm »
I walked into GS today to try to make use of my 20% off bday coupon...

On the left item's spine, you'll find an example of a GS employee trying to save a collector some grief - the price sticker backing is still attached, making removal *very* easy.  The other price stickers in the same item's corner are at least on the case itself, and not on the artwork.

The item, on the right, however...

I'll swing by another GS or two in the next few days to see if I can make use of the B2G1 deal that's goin' on for the older systems - that'll really sweeten the deal on this find.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #234 on: May 30, 2012, 11:44:38 pm »
Nice! Does that Outbreak have the anime disc? Also tough luck on that spine sticker. Though I will say, I have a copy of Burnout 3: Takedown and it had the spine sticker treatment on it. I spent about 15 minutes playing with it and eventually was able to remove it without damaging the artwork, hope you have as good of luck on it as I did!

desocietas

« Reply #235 on: May 31, 2012, 12:30:45 am »
Nice! Does that Outbreak have the anime disc? Also tough luck on that spine sticker. Though I will say, I have a copy of Burnout 3: Takedown and it had the spine sticker treatment on it. I spent about 15 minutes playing with it and eventually was able to remove it without damaging the artwork, hope you have as good of luck on it as I did!

Outbreak does indeed have the anime disc; when I opened up the case in the store, I immediately thought, "@scott's gonna want to make sure this has the anime disc."  ::)  No manual, unfortunately...  :'(

I was able to remove all the stickers pretty easily, though the spine sticker on Outbreak seems to have done a little damage already to the color (probably an older sticker from when it was originally labeled) but all in all still happy with the unexpected finds.  They must've been traded in recently because the employee was a little dismayed that she didn't catch them on the shelf before I did.  ;D

On a related note, NEVER put Post-its on anything that you're trying to preserve.  As handy as they are, the glue is not archival and will leave a residue and eventually stain.  Many adhesives are not archival (but for some reason, glue stick is...?).  /libraryemployeerant
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 12:36:11 am by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #236 on: June 01, 2012, 12:37:37 am »
Picked up Warhammer 40000: Space Marine finally. It was marked down $20 and have been meaning to get it since release, and I'm kinda a big fan of the 40k universe. If only the main hobby of war gaming wasn't so expensive.. I'd be building up a sweet Space Marine tabletop army.

killerchameleon

« Reply #237 on: June 01, 2012, 10:51:53 am »
I got into Warhammer stuff 15 years ago, decided that it was too expensive and just stuck with the Space Hulk box sets.

scott

« Reply #238 on: June 01, 2012, 10:54:07 am »
Yeah... I missed out on the latest release of space hulk.  :'(

killerchameleon

« Reply #239 on: June 01, 2012, 11:18:22 am »
I still have the original box set with the two expansions Genestealers and Deathwing I missed out on the second release but I did get the newest one when it first came out and boy is it hard to find now.