Author Topic: Abandoned - PS5  (Read 828 times)

telekill

Abandoned - PS5
« on: June 02, 2021, 09:47:08 am »
Ok... Looking at the graphics of the environment alone on this, it looks fantastic. Once we see more games being specific to the new gen systems, the graphic differences will be very apparent. I know I'll be very happy with PS5 alone for the new gen.

Now, aside from environmental graphics, you can see at the very end of the trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL9pGRdCjNc) a hand holding a gun and the hand.... doesn't look great but it's still early. The trailer goes on to explain the premise which has promise. Apparently you play the role of a disengaged cult member willing to fight back to save their own skin.

Here's the problem I have. It's a first person survival horror game. Another.... first person survival horror game. I've had a problem with the first person genre being overdone when it comes to military shooters back during the PS3/360 days. Now it seems first person will be overdone with survival horror.

I'm kind of over it. I believe this is one of the reasons that I feel new IPs have nothing new to offer me and why I gravitate to existing IPs. Abandoned does look graphically phenomenal though.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 09:52:58 am by telekill »

Re: Abandoned - PS5
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 09:54:48 pm »
Oh, that game...I have zero interest in this game until it has something to actually show off.  It had such a terrible trailer, with super garbage framerate and no info other than it's in some woods, which isn't anything too special looking at more stationary shots.  Also it'll depend on what the survival horror stuff entails, like I prefer FPS, so that's no issue whatsoever, but is it more Resident Evil? Silent Hill? Outlast? I'm fully willing to turn around on it, there just isn't anything here yet.  Maybe it'll get a proper showing at E3 to make up for the trailer.