Author Topic: View collection by alphabet drop down  (Read 1169 times)

retromangia

PRO Supporter

View collection by alphabet drop down
« on: July 29, 2021, 12:41:22 pm »
Hey VGC Team,

I have a feature request I've wanted to ask about for a long time. Having a pretty sizable collection can make browsing for a specific title within my collection quite a chore at times. If we were able to implement a small drop down window with the letter of the alphabet, allowing you to view your collection by the letter, this would make things 10x faster. Here's a perfect example.

I have over 500 DS games. When searching though my DS collection the way it is now, you can only browse by page 1, 2, 3, 25, 26, etc. Now this is fine when looking for a game that starts with A-D or W-Z, but when trying to find a game that say lands somewhere in the middle of the alphabet (J-S) I have to constantly click through multiple pages (5, 7, 9, 11, etc) until i finally find the right page.  This takes an incredible amount of time, that could all be solved with a simple little alphabet drop down box.

Using my own collection, I drew up a quick example of what this might look like.

Hopefully this is something that isn't too complicated. I would love to see this feature, and I think a lot of other users would appreciate it as well.  :)

« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 01:08:44 pm by retromangia »

dhaabi

Re: View collection by alphabet drop down
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 12:53:41 pm »
The image will need a url and then be placed between the img brackets.

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 01:11:35 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply Dhaabi, I was able to figure it out.

aliensstudios

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2021, 08:54:17 pm »
This is a great idea. I wish sorting options on this website were more versatile overall; by genre, by release year, by homebrew/official/unofficial release, digital/physical, publisher, developer, etcetera. Plus, all of these extremely accurate and particular edits and we still can only see images at a maximum of 200 pixels wide?
With all that said, I have no idea how difficult these changes would be to implement or if they are even possible at all, but this database could be THE online video gaming database to visit, seeing as we have great members contributing fantastic and detailed entries (for the most part) and moderators who are keeping this site rolling at very high standards.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

tpugmire

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 08:22:11 pm »
This very thing has been on my wishlist for the past 10 years or so.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

kashell

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2021, 10:46:22 am »
This would be awesome.