Author Topic: Do Modern Consoles Have Sturdy Controllers?  (Read 554 times)

Do Modern Consoles Have Sturdy Controllers?
« on: September 05, 2021, 04:34:38 pm »
I've only heard complaints about modern video game consoles such as the Nintendo Switch having drifty joy-cons and consoles only being more fragile these days, compared to retro, in my own experience "ALL WIRELESS CONTROLLERS SUCK" they are all cheaply manufactured and have short battery life, OR the battery will work for one or maybe 20 long gaming sessions then the battery won't recharge anymore, at least that was with the PlayStation 3 controllers. I've also heard it happing people needing to buy new PS4 controllers due to the battery "I assume" will no longer recharge, of course you could take the thing apart and replace the battery, that is if the damn thing has not exploded and corroded the guts of the controller.

BUt wired controller do have their problems too, like how when the cord warps and breaks exposing the wires, that has happened to me lots of times with PS2 and even one PS3 controller
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Do Modern Consoles Have Sturdy Controllers?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 04:38:57 pm »
Sturdy?  Aside from JoyCons, absolutely.  The modern Xbox and PS controllers are the heftiest best feeling controllers I've ever used. They're terrific.  Even the Switch pro-controller is great.  The PS4 controllers do have bad battery life, though.  The Switch Pro-controller is great on that front.  Xbox just needs AAs, and the rechargeable ones still last forever when in use.

telekill

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 07:36:54 pm »
PS5 so far is the best controller I've used in more than 30 years of gaming. Feels great in the hands. Very sturdy.

PS4 controllers... I've not had a problem with. I have three of them including the one that came with my launch system. I've no issues with the battery but I also don't have very long play times. If I've hit 2-3 hours... that's a long gaming marathon for me. Sad, I know. I've never had a DS4 controller die on me.

Switch Pro controller is also good. I've had two of them since launch and they've both held up... even with the kids not being that gentle with them. The joycons on the other hand... are little better than toys. I've had to replace my left joycon already due to drift and couldn't even find a gray one as Nintendo appears to have stopped making that color.

I've no experience with Xbox controllers after 360.

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2021, 07:45:58 pm »
I've never had any issues with most modern controllers.  Joy Cons are the one notorious one with issues, but I've never had any problems with anything from Playstation or Xbox.  Only time I ever had a wired 360 controller go bad, was because it was my main controller when I needed it on PC and I just wore it out after using for it years.