Author Topic: IMO...the PS5 is a POS  (Read 2189 times)

gf78

Re: IMO...the PS5 is a POS
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2021, 09:47:26 pm »
I have used my PS5 quite a bit this year and have had little to no issues. I have had a couple of crashes (mostly Cyberpunk, which I don't think was the fault of the PS5) and I had that weird downloading issue where in the middle of installing a game/downloading a patch it would just stop and I'd have to uninstall and try again but this has not happened to me in months.

I just played through Ratchet and really enjoyed it, and now I'm playing through Returnal and Lost Judgment. I have had zero issues and really enjoyed my experience with the console so far.  I think COVID and tech shortages have caused significant game development delays and while I am disappointed that more is not coming out this year, I have so many other games to play and am not concerned.

There is noticeable room for improvement for the PS5 interface and other features. I also seem to recall the PS4 being rather basic the first few years- I think in the next few years, the PS5 will really develop into something special.

The download issue is my biggest complaint right now. Ghost of Tsushima has been literally going for a week because...reasons I guess. I have a piss poor internet connection with no viable alternatives at the moment. But shit, even huge games like the Master Chief Collection downloaded in under 24 hours.

I've had issues and going online, I'm not alone. From controllers that won't sync requiring a hard reset to game crashes to downloads taking an eternity, there seems to be problems out there. I intentionally waited to get a PS5 to play some of the PS4 games I missed so I guess in that respect I'm playing them at their best. But it is supremely disappointing to have hiccups and crap with the system that is supposed to be the best. And the interface now keeps popping up at startup with some girls grinning all toothy. Why can't it just show the game currently running, or a bsckground picture...anything besides what looks like a big non-gaming related advertisement.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2021, 09:50:01 pm »
The best big-hitters they have this holiday are ports of PS4 games and Horizon Forbidden West is pushed back to next year. The announcement of the Uncharted collection feels like a slap in the face including only two of six games in the series and aquiring Blue Point just "points" to more re-releases/ports of older games.
Why does it matter what games they release in the Holiday season when their focus is often Spring and Summer? Sony has skipped the Holiday timeframe year after year. If you look at the PS4 gen excluding 2020 very few of their big games launched in the Holiday season.

Bluepoint's last two games were complete remakes and they have already said they are working on an original game.

I'm glad games are on the way with vague release schedules or none at all besides Horizon Forbidden West,  but it doesn't give much options right now.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

gf78

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2021, 09:53:50 pm »
Aren't they all on PSNow?  Which would be the only way you could do the same thing on PS4.

It's disappointing that Sony doesn't have the backward compatibility of Xbox. Streaming isn't viable for me.

gf78

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2021, 10:33:57 pm »
Update:  At 6AM CST this morning, Ghost of Tsushima was at about 53.5 gigs downloaded out of 59.083 with three hours left. It is now 9:27PM CST and it is at 55.673/59.083 and says...three hours left.

It's pretty pathetic that I've been waiting a week and can't play the damn game. The PS5 itself is not at all helpful since I can't find anywhere to show historic bandwidth usage, whereas I can see everything my Series X has been doing each hour. And can anyone tell me how to put the controller to sleep and not the system too?

sworddude

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2021, 10:23:24 am »
Are you using ethernet or wifi?

edit:

Nevermind I've read the having poor internet part.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

ferraroso

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2021, 06:28:41 am »
I have no idea what does "POS" even mean, but... if you ask me, the PS5 hasn't even been released yet. It's like a Beta console or something.
I've seen only THREE beeing sold on second hand shops so far, and all of them for over the equivalent to US$800...

telekill

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2021, 08:40:03 am »
I've not had too much in the way of technical issues since getting my PS5 at launch. There have been a couple game crashes randomly but two or three per year is what I was seeing with my launch PS4 as well so... not sure that's anything of note.

The only issue I've had really is my 4TB external HDD that I also had attached to my PS4... had an issue crop up over the summer that I hadn't seen before. My PS5 was able to see installed PS4 games on it but not launch them. It could play some of them like the Mass Effect Legendary Edition. In fact, that specific file hasn't had a problem yet. The quick fix was to delete and reinstall each game as the issue came up. I don't know if it's an issue with the PS5 or the external drive. Either way, once the game is reinstalled, there's no issue from then on.

For clarification sake, I've not seen any issues with the internal SSD on the PS5 beyond the abysmally small size.

As I've played Horizon and Ghost of Tsushima on my PS5, I'll point out that both are the physical PS4 editions. Not sure if that's different than what the OP has but it seems at least his copy of Ghost is a digital download. Wondering if digital vs physical have different issues on the PS5?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 08:47:16 am by telekill »