Author Topic: Duplicate List 2023  (Read 20139 times)

Re: Duplicate List 2022
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2022, 03:25:34 pm »
Baten Kaitos: Owaranai Tsubasa to Ushinawareta Umi
https://vgcollect.com/item/44653
https://vgcollect.com/item/112170

The game comes in a cardboard box twice wider as usual Japanese GameCube games. This wider box actually contains two usual cases, one for each disc of the game.
The cardboard box is shown in the second listing; the first listing shows one of both the inner cases (both almost identical, except for the mention Disc 1 or Disc 2 on the lower blue band, here undecipherable due to low quality, but clearly spottable when you know what to look for).

Here what the whole looks like:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 10:06:42 am by tripredacus »

dhaabi

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2022, 04:16:03 pm »
the first listing shows one of both the inner cases (both almost identical, except for the mention Disc 1 or Disc 2 on the lower blue band, here undecipherable due to low quality, but clearly spottable when you know what to look for).

Just for clarity, the two cases bundled in the "complete box" version (entry name needs updating) have two other noteworthy differences. The first—and most obvious—difference is that the back cover art for each is unique. The second difference is found in the front item number. The Disc 1 cover features item number GS-DOL-GKBJ-JPN, whereas the Disc 2 cover features item number GS-DOL-GKBJ-JPN(A).

« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2022, 12:42:09 pm »
Just for clarity, the two cases bundled in the "complete box" version (entry name needs updating) have two other noteworthy differences. The first—and most obvious—difference is that the back cover art for each is unique. The second difference is found in the front item number. The Disc 1 cover features item number GS-DOL-GKBJ-JPN, whereas the Disc 2 cover features item number GS-DOL-GKBJ-JPN(A).

Yep, one last difference is the background color of the covers; for Disc 1 it’s a greenish/blueish white, while for Disc 2 it’s a pinkish white.
Still, they’re both part of a same package and I don’t think it makes sense to keep the two items linked above split.
May I have to update anyone of them before they get merged?

dhaabi

« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2022, 01:12:12 pm »
Based on our community's vote, pack-in games from games or game packs are permitted to have their own entry pages if separate packaging is used. So, that means individual pages for the "complete box" version, Disc 1 case, and Disc 2 case can all exist.

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2022, 01:38:00 pm »
I don’t think the community’s vote apply; there’s this sentence at the end of the first post:
NOTE: None of these options would allow for loose or individually packaged stand-alone games from within regular packaging (such as an edition box) to have a separate entry. This is only to be regarding instances where more than 1 game exists within a single package.
As Baten Kaitos: Owaranai Tsubasa to Ushinawareta Umi is one and only one stand-alone game (on two discs, but still one game: starting a new game from Disc 2 will prompt you to swap it with Disc 1), I think this is a case where no dupe is admitted.

If I am wrong though, there’s still the question of the naming. IMHO I find it preposterous to specify “ - Complete Box” for the complete game rather than “ - Disc #” when the cardboard box & the other disc are missing.

dhaabi

« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2022, 02:34:10 pm »
I don’t think the community’s vote apply; there’s this sentence at the end of the first post:

NOTE: This is only to be regarding instances where more than 1 game exists within a single package.

As Baten Kaitos: Owaranai Tsubasa to Ushinawareta Umi is one and only one stand-alone game (on two discs, but still one game: starting a new game from Disc 2 will prompt you to swap it with Disc 1), I think this is a case where no dupe is admitted.

Given how our database treats entries as physical items rather than games (ie. game data), I'm assuming the wording you're quoting implies the former. However, we'll have to wait and see for how tripredacus responds, given that they're the one who drafted the voting poll.

tripredacus

« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2022, 10:43:40 am »
That ruling is only applicable to pack-in games. This one you are posting about is an entirely separate situation and doesn't apply to that. Because as you are showing, the internal components (boxes) are not 2 games, but they are 2 discs.

A similar situation for this would be The Pandora Directive, which has an outer box and inside are 2 jewel cases because the game has 6 discs. The two jewel cases inside are not allowed separate entries, just the main box. So this Gamecube game should only have an entry for the outer box and not the individual boxes that are inside. In the description you put the info for all the stuff inside the box.

« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2022, 02:33:34 pm »
I just provided edits for the oldest entry to update the arts and fill in the blanks, along with a description of the content as requested.
I guess if and once this gets accepted, both entries can be merged then?

tripredacus

« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2022, 10:07:04 am »
I just provided edits for the oldest entry to update the arts and fill in the blanks, along with a description of the content as requested.
I guess if and once this gets accepted, both entries can be merged then?

It is done. I had to correct the title and alt before the merge.

« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2022, 12:11:59 pm »
May I ask why you kept the title with the “complete box” mention? For the only version of the game I would assume the title alone is enough.
That is the case at least for The Pandora Directive, to consider your aforementioned example.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2022, 04:10:54 pm »
Accidentally added Forclosed for the Google stadia twice.

Correct: https://vgcollect.com/item/226573
Incorrect: https://vgcollect.com/item/226572

« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 09:29:31 am by tripredacus »
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

tripredacus

« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2022, 09:31:44 am »
May I ask why you kept the title with the “complete box” mention? For the only version of the game I would assume the title alone is enough.
That is the case at least for The Pandora Directive, to consider your aforementioned example.

That is what it is called. We do not create entries for games but for products. So if the game has that name, it should be on there. It doesn't matter if there are no other releases. It can seem weird sometimes like when games get their first print under a budget series.

« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2022, 10:11:35 am »
As it relates to GameFAQs entry, fair enough.

(Though they’re wrong about classifying the product as a compilation, so who knows about the name? :P )
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 10:16:25 am by bobi »

tripredacus

« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2022, 12:01:51 pm »
As it relates to GameFAQs entry, fair enough.

(Though they’re wrong about classifying the product as a compilation, so who knows about the name? :P )

The Complete Box pack name was removed since it was found to not be on the item itself.

« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2022, 05:29:22 pm »
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 11:05:08 am by tripredacus »