Author Topic: Wii U & Nintendo 3DS eShop Discontinuation  (Read 2391 times)

telly

Re: Wii U & Nintendo 3DS eShop Discontinuation
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2022, 08:36:21 am »
Has anybody played a DS game on the Wii U? Judging by the screenshots they provide on the eShop it looks so miniscule since they have to squeeze in two screens into one and I don't know if it's worth buying them.  :o
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2022, 10:52:51 am »
Has anybody played a DS game on the Wii U? Judging by the screenshots they provide on the eShop it looks so miniscule since they have to squeeze in two screens into one and I don't know if it's worth buying them.  :o
I believe there's several display options and it works quite well.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2022, 12:01:32 pm »

I never have, but I would think it would make more sense to use the gamepad as 1 of the screens and the T.V. as the other.

pzeke

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2022, 10:18:40 pm »
And nothing of value was lost.

[...] It's just now occurring to me the importance of backing up as many games as possible onto external storage because at some point, there will be no access to important patches directly through the consoles.

This is something that has been discussed at tedium, and now it "just occurs to you"? Brilliant.

I can't think about a Nintendo console that don't become better after hacking it...

Too true.

This certainly open the question if Switch is going to the same path after the next Nintendo console is out, I wish Nintendo would take Microsoft idea and just make sure from Switch to future consoles everything will be a same platform.

Of course it's going to happen to the Switch, and to the next console after it, and maybe the next; this is Nintendo we're talking about here, they're as dense as their ancient business model.

By now we all know that the digital age is a fickle one, so I don't know why people get surprised when shit like this happens.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

telly

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2022, 09:06:39 am »
Yesterday I made some purchases on the eShop: here's what I picked up ($50 total)

Mega Man Battle Network 2 (GBA)
Metroid Fusion (GBA)
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 (GBA)
Paper Mario (N64)
Breath of Fire (SNES)
Blaster Master (NES)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

pzeke

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2022, 09:11:29 am »
I'm not really into Mega Man Battle Network, but top-notch on the rest.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

telly

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2022, 04:49:38 pm »
I'm not really into Mega Man Battle Network, but top-notch on the rest.

Yeah, I'm a sucker for the Battle Network games even though they're far from perfect  ;D And of course the physical cartridge is about $75 now...
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

pzeke

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2022, 01:28:27 pm »
The soundtracks for the Battle Network and Star Force games are good, so I can give them that.

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2022, 04:40:10 am »
Official end date is now set for March 27, 2023.

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2024, 11:01:04 pm »
Online play itself on 3DS and Wii U dies April 4th. RIP Mario Kart 7 and New Leaf online play. Original Splatoon as well.

dhaabi

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2024, 05:36:42 pm »
Online play itself on 3DS and Wii U dies April 4th. RIP Mario Kart 7 and New Leaf online play. Original Splatoon as well.

In the end, at least the 3DS will still maintain its best feature, being StreetPass. Maybe someday when nostalgia strikes, people will carry them around again.

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2024, 07:59:23 am »

In the end, at least the 3DS will still maintain its best feature, being StreetPass. Maybe someday when nostalgia strikes, people will carry them around again.
Yeah I was wondering whether or not this would continue. It doesn't require internet so I guess it would. I feel like they might just disable it anyway.

I wish I had the chance to use PS Vita's near but that shutdown pretty quickly.