Author Topic: Games That You Want Sequels To  (Read 1699 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Games That You Want Sequels To
« on: April 13, 2022, 02:40:14 pm »
What games do you wish had sequels coming out?

The oldest game I think has long deserved a sequel is Crystalis (NES/GBC). The best action-RPG on the NES, in my book. It plays overhead and has a similar gameplay style as the original Legend of Zelda. But it has more of a story, more locations to visit, and RPG mechanics added to it.

I so want a sequel to Brutal Legend. As a metal fan, I adored that game. The easter eggs were everywhere. It had a great sense of humor. I loved the actual metal songs used as unlockables. And the open-world gameplay with the hot rod racing around was just so much fun. Admittedly the strategy elements used later in the game weren't implemented well (or even necessary), but I can overlook that considering the rest of the game and it could be something fixed (or taken out completely) in the sequel if it ever happens.

Finally, King's Field. Yeah, it had 3 releases in the U.S., so it had sequels, BUT I WANT MORE!!! Great, and unique action-RPG played from the first-person view with gameplay that focuses on swordplay, magic, and especially exploration with lots of secrets and lore to discover. Souls fans like to say it still exists in those games, but I vehemently disagree, they feel completely different to me. I do not love Souls games the same way I do King's Field.

telekill

Re: Games That You Want Sequels To
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 03:01:41 pm »
Mass Effect, Tomb Raider, Witcher and in a way, Ninja Turtles, are confirmed to have sequels in production so I'm pretty happy there. What's not yet confirmed that I would want though?

1. Shenmue 4:
 -- Make this the completion or announce that both S4 and 5 will be produced back to back to complete the story. Apparently there are rumblings that Shenmue 4 is to be announced as in development after the anime finishes airing the first season next month. Time will tell.

2. Dino Crisis:
 -- This is more of a reboot that I want... or even a remake. In the interim though, we have Instinction coming.

3. Uncharted:
 -- So many directions they could go with this.

That's basically it at this point. I'm sure there are others that would be enjoyed but that's off the top of my head.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 03:46:42 pm »
I so want a sequel to Brutal Legend. As a metal fan, I adored that game. The easter eggs were everywhere. It had a great sense of humor. I loved the actual metal songs used as unlockables. And the open-world gameplay with the hot rod racing around was just so much fun. Admittedly the strategy elements used later in the game weren't implemented well (or even necessary), but I can overlook that considering the rest of the game and it could be something fixed (or taken out completely) in the sequel if it ever happens.

A sequel to one of my favorite video games? Oh hell yeah! I desperately want this.  There's so much they could do with a sequel to poke fun at other genre's or even metal itself, and I could see some super fun cameos or appearances made by other bands/musicians, like Ghost/Tobias Forge getting to be actual Papa in the game for some religious cult would be amazing lol

Mega Man Legends.  Not even just "3", like I'd take a whole reboot of the series if that is what it took to bring it back as I love a Mega Man set in that more free roam, adventure style, dungeon crawler, setup compared to just another 2D sidescroller we've had for years now.

Resident Evil: Outbreak.  This is sort of a monkey paw wish with Capcom's multiplayer track record with Resident Evil, but I feel like with Capcom's currently great engine and visuals, that they really need to bring back the co-op multiplayer, but set in a bigger city location.  Create a big open world city and perhaps each run involves different paths that open and close, so each run isn't the same.  I guess it could sorta turn into Left 4 Dead/Back 4 Blood, that sort of setup too, but do it in a way that's much less about blasting through hordes and more about limited ammo, supplies, and having objectives and puzzles show up a long the path.  I'm normally not huge into co-op games, but I'd be into this.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 03:59:15 pm »

A sequel to one of my favorite video games? Oh hell yeah! I desperately want this.  There's so much they could do with a sequel to poke fun at other genre's or even metal itself, and I could see some super fun cameos or appearances made by other bands/musicians, like Ghost/Tobias Forge getting to be actual Papa in the game for some religious cult would be amazing lol

Mega Man Legends.  Not even just "3", like I'd take a whole reboot of the series if that is what it took to bring it back as I love a Mega Man set in that more free roam, adventure style, dungeon crawler, setup compared to just another 2D sidescroller we've had for years now.

Resident Evil: Outbreak.  This is sort of a monkey paw wish with Capcom's multiplayer track record with Resident Evil, but I feel like with Capcom's currently great engine and visuals, that they really need to bring back the co-op multiplayer, but set in a bigger city location.  Create a big open world city and perhaps each run involves different paths that open and close, so each run isn't the same.  I guess it could sorta turn into Left 4 Dead/Back 4 Blood, that sort of setup too, but do it in a way that's much less about blasting through hordes and more about limited ammo, supplies, and having objectives and puzzles show up a long the path.  I'm normally not huge into co-op games, but I'd be into this.

Oh man, how could I forget Mega Man Legends?! I want to see that happen, too.

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 05:05:36 pm »
- Shenmue IV: Now with the engine in place, hopefully they can smooth out the rough edges and deliver a more impactful story.
- The Bouncer 2: Glad to see we're getting proper budget Beeat 'em Ups like SIFU, But I will always plead for anoother Bounce game.
- The Order 1886 Sequel: I really enjoyed the original game, sure it wasn't open world but offered a decent cinematic experience and wonderful setting. I think people where far to harsh on this game.
- Burnout Sequel: I want another Burnout game, it's been far too long and the lack of decent racing games on PlayStation makes it all the more needed.
- Enslaved Odyssey to the West: The ending... But it was a decent game.
- Wolfenstein III: Not quite sure how Youngblood was so derailed but I love the series and want more.
- Gravity Rush 3: I loved the original but the 2nd game was a disaster, the main story felt like a side-story and the real meet of the overall game was fed in an hour epilogue at the end... Hoping they can fix this.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 05:08:02 pm by vivigamer »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2022, 05:11:14 pm »
Legend of Legaia is another I'd love to see another sequel to.

aliensstudios

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2022, 07:15:43 pm »
I think an Ape Escape sequel is long overdue. Burningdoom mentioned Brutal Legend, a sequel to that would be insanely awesome, especially seeing how great Psychonauts 2 turned out.A new Gauntlet game would be terrific also.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2022, 08:46:59 pm »
Would love a new Soul Reaver or Legacy of Kain game and a new Shining Force also.

gngtiger

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2022, 12:40:24 am »
I want Rayman Legends 2, or just any Rayman console game. I highly doubt we'll see another with the same caliber as Legends and Origins, due to the series creator/lead developer, Michel Angel, left Ubisoft. I hate how this company has handled the series, and the only aspect of the series they use anymore are the Rabbids, who are basically the minions of the video game world. Meanwhile, Rayman hasn't gotten a console entry in nearly 10 years. And yes, I do know about Rayman Adventures and Rayman Mini, but those are just mobile spinoffs in the game's art style. (I do enjoy Adventures, but I don't have and Apple Arcade subscription to try Mini).
I really wish Ubisoft would just shift focus back to the series, since Legends is one of my favorite games of all time. I'm interested to see what they do next, if anything. I can't wait for that upcoming animated series!

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2022, 05:19:02 pm »
I've been thinking about this and wanted to add Half Life, Silent Hill, Culdacept and Ridge Racer to my sequels want list.

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2022, 11:43:01 pm »
Shenmue 4/5: I pray that I get to see this franchise conclude in game form in my lifetime and hopefully before Yu Suzuki dies someday (I believe he's in his early 60s now). The first two are my favorite games of all time, and even though I don't love it as much as the first two, I still loved 3 way more than most people did. it is my sincere hope that the Shenmue saga concludes during my lifetime.

Zone of the Enders 3: I'm admittedly not as much of a fan of this series as I once was, but I still love this series and have a ton of nostalgia for the first game especially. Seeing how much mech games have advanced since the early 2000s I'd love to see what could be done with 3. Given how shit Konami is as a company now I highly doubt this one will ever see the light of day.

Another 2D Metroidvania-style Castlevania: Once again the shit that is modern day Konami ensures that this game will likely never happen. I would absolutely lose my mind though if a new 2D Metroidvania Castlevaia game was announced, especially if it used a combo of sprites and polygon models like Symphony of the Night or some of the DS titles.

Sonic Mania 2: I was absolutely blown away by how good Sonic Mania was. I literally hold it in the same high regard as the original 4 Sonic games on the Genesis as well as Sonic CD. I feel like there's still a possibility this one will get made, but with Sega announcing new 3D Sonic games recently I feel like this one still could be off by at least several more years. I really hope it gets made though.

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order 2: I was shocked at how much I loved this game. Given it was released during Disney's ownership of the franchise I had very low expectations going into this game. However, Jedi Fallen Order ended up being the best piece of Star Wars I'd experienced since Revenge of the Sith. I desperately hope EA makes a sequel to this outstandingly good game.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2022, 10:29:18 am »
Shenmue 4/5: I pray that I get to see this franchise conclude in game form in my lifetime and hopefully before Yu Suzuki dies someday (I believe he's in his early 60s now). The first two are my favorite games of all time, and even though I don't love it as much as the first two, I still loved 3 way more than most people did. it is my sincere hope that the Shenmue saga concludes during my lifetime.

Zone of the Enders 3: I'm admittedly not as much of a fan of this series as I once was, but I still love this series and have a ton of nostalgia for the first game especially. Seeing how much mech games have advanced since the early 2000s I'd love to see what could be done with 3. Given how shit Konami is as a company now I highly doubt this one will ever see the light of day.

Another 2D Metroidvania-style Castlevania: Once again the shit that is modern day Konami ensures that this game will likely never happen. I would absolutely lose my mind though if a new 2D Metroidvania Castlevaia game was announced, especially if it used a combo of sprites and polygon models like Symphony of the Night or some of the DS titles.

Sonic Mania 2: I was absolutely blown away by how good Sonic Mania was. I literally hold it in the same high regard as the original 4 Sonic games on the Genesis as well as Sonic CD. I feel like there's still a possibility this one will get made, but with Sega announcing new 3D Sonic games recently I feel like this one still could be off by at least several more years. I really hope it gets made though.

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order 2: I was shocked at how much I loved this game. Given it was released during Disney's ownership of the franchise I had very low expectations going into this game. However, Jedi Fallen Order ended up being the best piece of Star Wars I'd experienced since Revenge of the Sith. I desperately hope EA makes a sequel to this outstandingly good game.

I definitely wouldn't mind a new Metroidvania Castlevania or Sonic Mania 2.

telekill

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2022, 10:37:17 am »

- The Order 1886 Sequel: I really enjoyed the original game, sure it wasn't open world but offered a decent cinematic experience and wonderful setting. I think people where far to harsh on this game.
- Burnout Sequel: I want another Burnout game, it's been far too long and the lack of decent racing games on

I'd enjoy sequels to both of those. Originally The Order 1886 was supposed to be a co-op game. If they could add that functionality into a sequel with a great story, I'd preorder. I honestly don't know why so many people crapped on the game. Sure, it was a little short, but it had an incredible setting, fun gameplay and engaging story. Some of the weapons were incredibly cool.

dhaabi

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2022, 12:44:37 pm »
This is an unpopular opinion, but I'm someone who generally does not anticipate or enjoy sequels and sprawling franchises, and especially so for story-heavy projects whether it be games or other media. Personally, I enjoy projects which offer an experience entirely new or one that explores creative ideas in a new light. That said, sequels do not often fulfill this criteria. At the same time—and, once again, this is another unpopular opinion—I think that dormant franchises should be left alone. Enjoy them for what they were, and leave the possibilities for new projects open to new ideas.

On that note, one modern game that I would like to see be given a sequel is Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling. There was a surprising amount of lore introduced in the first game that could benefit from exploring some more in a follow-up entry. Funnily enough, I've read that the game's creator is also someone who generally is opposed to sequels, so there may just be one entry. And, if that's the case, then that's okay too.

I think an Ape Escape sequel is long overdue.

I'd much rather see a compilation of all existing Ape Escape entries. Only a fraction of titles ever left Japan.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 12:46:23 pm by dhaabi »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2022, 09:59:44 pm »
Another Tony Hawk remaster  of the other games would be sweet

A Sequel to Berserk and the Band of the Hawk covering the rest of the available story (including the Lost Children arc since that got skipped if I remember correctly) maybe also include the storyline of Gut's Rage if possible.

Astral Chain 2 just because

Brutal Legend 2 is... a game I don't want to see anymore. Maybe if it had a new cast, but honestly a lot of my hype for the idea of a sequel burnt out back when Lemmy died as Killmaster was one of my favorite characters in the game.