Author Topic: What are your dream developer/Series pairings?  (Read 755 times)

What are your dream developer/Series pairings?
« on: April 22, 2022, 01:08:41 pm »
If you could have any game series be revived/retooled by a specific developer what game series would you pick and what studio would you like to see work on them. What are your dream IP and Studio pairings?

For me I'd love to see Microsoft let Playtonic make another Banjo Kazooie game since the team is mostly comprised of former Rare devs who made the old school B&K games.

Re: What are your dream developer/Series pairings?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 03:19:27 pm »
I'd love to see Wayforward make a Metroid game with pixel art. Not an original choice, I know. But I think it would turn out pretty well.

telekill

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 04:40:17 pm »
I'd love to see a dark and gritty Ninja Turtles game by Rocksteady. Ironic if it would happen given the character Rocksteady being a dumb bad guy in the series.

Irony aside though, I think the developer would be a good fit given their history with the Batman games. They have the dark and gritty down. They have the visual effects down. Now they would need to create a story that can be viewed from different angles depending on which Turtle you play as.

Each turtle should have different abilities.
Keep blood and gore.
Allow teams a la Mass Effect
Keep the turtles looking like their 90's counterpart... or at least close to them.
Have tons of unlockables.
 -- Different skins from the different eras/iterations.
 -- Comics
 -- Behind the scenes on the comics, movies, shows and games.
 -- Have an arcade they can visit in the world to play Turtles in Time -- a la Shenmue.

Bluemoon

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 08:24:28 pm »
probably an odd choice but I'd like to see vector unit (the hydro thunder hurricane devs) be able to make a new wave race game, they are really good at making water physics in racing games and it would be interesting to see the series revived

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2022, 09:04:06 pm »
Watching Castlevania on Netflix made me realize how incredible it would be if there was a Castlevania game made by From Software. Not even just From Soft, give it to a company with experience making soulslike games. It just feels like such a great way to explore the Castlevania universe and lore

pzeke

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2022, 05:41:18 pm »
How about...

In all seriousness, a video game—and a TV series—based on the Mirage version of TMNT would kick major shell; I want to see that more than the umpteenth remaster or remake of [insert name of video game here].

Also, not sure about the developer, but I've always been interested in a video game based on the movie "9" and "The Iron Giant", the WB show "Supernatural", as well as the Gargoyles cartoon. And yes, I know there's a Gargoyles game for the Genesis, but I'm obviously referring to a modern approach; in fact, going back to Kingdom Hearts, Square Enix and Disney dropped the ball by not including them when they had the chance. If by now the series has a Shibuya and a fictionalized version of San Francisco, then a gritty, grimy version of Manhattan shouldn't be that far-off.

I'd love to see Wayforward make a Metroid game with pixel art. Not an original choice, I know. But I think it would turn out pretty well.

I like WayForward, so it would be interesting to see their take. My caveat would be that Jake Kaufman has to do the soundtrack alongside Grant Henry.

Watching Castlevania on Netflix made me realize how incredible it would be if there was a Castlevania game made by From Software. Not even just From Soft, give it to a company with experience making soulslike games. It just feels like such a great way to explore the Castlevania universe and lore

Well, the Souls games, especially Bloodborne, are basically pseudo-Castlevanias, but an actual Souls-like game using the Castlevania IP would be diabolically good.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 05:42:50 pm by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2022, 08:26:56 am »
I'd love to see Bethesda making a AD&D related game in Elder Scrolls style  8)
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US !!
WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM !!

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2022, 11:56:15 am »
I have one I LITERALLY dreamed about when I was younger…
A Konami or Capcom-style beat ‘em up featuring the Transformers. The one in my dream used the X-Men engine, but I personally would prefer the Cadillacs & Dinosaurs engine (with the X-Men graphical style) because IMO that game has the most fun fighting system of any in the genre.

I imagined who the main characters would be, what their special attacks would be, and the bosses. I dreamed this up before Beast Wars was even a thing, so I’m talking strictly G1. I guess Optimus Prime would have to be a playable character, but I was thinking characters like Jazz and Mirage would be fun; both have hand-to-hand fighting skills and their special attacks could be based on their powers (a disorienting sound-and-light show for Jazz, invisibility for Mirage). Regular enemies could include Insecticon clones, Reflector clones, generic Seekers, etc. Bosses naturally would be Soundwave with his cassettes, Starscream, a multi-part fight against Devastator, and of course Megatron as the final boss.

Nowadays, I guess the most realistic possibility is the developers of Streets of Rage 4 getting the Transformers license and making the game. I’d be good with it in that hand-drawn style ;)