Author Topic: TMNT: Shredder's Revenge and Cowabunga Collection  (Read 5105 times)

telekill

Re: TMNT: Shredder's Revenge and Cowabunga Collection
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2022, 09:00:44 am »
Kinda pissed. My digital Switch preorder won't let me play it. Says it can't be played yet after it checks online. It should have become playable at midnight.

jason

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2022, 01:43:55 pm »
Kinda pissed. My digital Switch preorder won't let me play it. Says it can't be played yet after it checks online. It should have become playable at midnight.

Oof :(

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2022, 03:27:16 pm »
Had a great time with the story mode, it's a real fun game.

telekill

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2022, 06:52:48 pm »
Finally got some play time in over the last day or so with the kids. We got Casey Jones unlocked. I definitely enjoyed it. I really liked that the dev seemed to be fans of the original. Lots of characters made it into this that were basically gone from the games that had released before.

As odd as this may sound, this is a GOTY contender for me.

jason

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2022, 10:20:00 pm »
Glad to hear it!!! Can't wait to try it myself!

telekill

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2022, 03:15:59 pm »
Playstation Underground posted a preview vid showing Beebop and Rocksteady battles of the classics running on the Cowabunga Collection.

https://youtu.be/CnxtjOVMITk

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2022, 10:53:05 am »
Cowabunga Collection will be out on Aug. 30.

telekill

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2022, 03:24:00 pm »
Cowabunga Collection will be out on Aug. 30.

It's about time they give us a release date. I don't think I'll preorder but I'm buying it physically on both PS5 and Switch.

telekill

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2022, 06:08:32 pm »
Been enjoying the nostalgia of replaying quite a few of these. So far I've beat the following:
 - TMNT Arcade x2
 - TMNT 2 NES
 - TMNT 3 NES
 - TMNT TF Gen
 - TMNT TF NES
 - Hyperstone Heist Gen
 - Turtles in Time Arcade

Currently playing:
 - TMNT NES (original) - I will say that having that rewind button and a save feature makes the difficulty of this game plummet. It's allowing me to replay the game without the stress of "Get good", but at the same time it's less fulfilling. I plan to replay it a second time and beat it without using rewind or save in the future.

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2022, 07:22:09 pm »
Rewind was the only way I was gonna beat that game lol The game cleaning up the sprite flicker and slowdown helps, but that game is a frustrating mess of just the worst hitboxes and incredibly poorly designed encounters.  I got nostalgia for it, but it's a rough time for sure and it was neat to finally be able to beat it the first time.

I already posted in the challenge thread about what I've beaten, but I've mostly just played what are gonna be the "worst" games of the collection, like TMNT NES, Tournament Fighters NES, and TMNT 1 and 2 on the Gameboy.  None that are particularly good, but I wanted to get to them first before I dove more into the Turtle in Time and Hyperstone Heist stuff.  I did dabble in TMNT: The Arcade Game for NES, it's kinda rough, and TMNT 3 for Game Boy is neat, very Castlevania in its exploration, though it is suprisingly difficult I'm finding as some of the combat encounters can be abit rough.  While still not up to the real good games, I am enjoying myself with this nice TMNT resurgence with the collection and Shredder's Revenge.

telekill

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2022, 08:05:19 am »
but that game is a frustrating mess of just the worst hitboxes and incredibly poorly designed encounters.

Oh man. No kidding. I was playing one of the later levels getting to the Turtle Blimp where there's spikes. I inched up too it to get a jump right and took damage well before touching the spikes.  ::)  I don't know how 11-12 year old me did it.

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2022, 08:12:03 am »
So far I've played

TMNT Arcade
Hyperstone Heist
Turtles in Time SNES

OG Arcade and Hyperstone Heist are incredibly clunky compared to the SNES Turtles in Time which is pretty easily the best of the classic beat 'em ups.

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2022, 11:05:08 pm »
but that game is a frustrating mess of just the worst hitboxes and incredibly poorly designed encounters.

Oh man. No kidding. I was playing one of the later levels getting to the Turtle Blimp where there's spikes. I inched up too it to get a jump right and took damage well before touching the spikes.  ::)  I don't know how 11-12 year old me did it.

It's what makes the underwater seaweed section such a nightmare.  I also don't know how people were supposed to beat the Technodrome, because I would keep getting hit by stuff that I wasn't sure how I hit or what was hitting me, it was so miserable lol

telekill

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2022, 08:07:56 am »
I also don't know how people were supposed to beat the Technodrome, because I would keep getting hit by stuff that I wasn't sure how I hit or what was hitting me, it was so miserable lol

I beat the game yesterday and holy crap... that gauntlet in the Technodrome at the end just before Shredder was ridiculous. Even with rewind and all four turtles with near full health... I found the only way I could get through it was with Don constantly hitting down and inching forward so the jetpack foot would come forward and then back away off the screen disappearing. So many enemies. It was nuts.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2022, 12:12:15 pm »
I also don't know how people were supposed to beat the Technodrome, because I would keep getting hit by stuff that I wasn't sure how I hit or what was hitting me, it was so miserable lol

I beat the game yesterday and holy crap... that gauntlet in the Technodrome at the end just before Shredder was ridiculous. Even with rewind and all four turtles with near full health... I found the only way I could get through it was with Don constantly hitting down and inching forward so the jetpack foot would come forward and then back away off the screen disappearing. So many enemies. It was nuts.

The secret is to load up turtles with scrolls. Then you're overpowered for the later areas.