Author Topic: What happened to this site?  (Read 2687 times)

telekill

Re: What happened to this site?
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2022, 04:07:21 pm »
I'd have been more active but I've been playing the new Ninja Turtles game.  ;D

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2022, 11:19:36 pm »
I mostly have used this site to track my collection which is what it was intended for, and I do check the forums once in a while. Thing is that I rarely for as along i have been a part of this site never start a topic but mostly reply which is fine. I dont post because more often than not I dont think I have any to contribute to nor do I have a response for something.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2022, 07:04:50 pm »
I lurk.

Work and life have become pretty intense over the last few years.

I moved across the country. I have slowed down and cooled off on console gaming.

Now I am mostly, Switch, Pinball, and Arcade gaming.

I've been very active on social media like Facebook, twitch, YouTube, and Twitter.

I'm still engaging with many folks from here on those platforms. It's more interactive and realtime there.

I still track my collection here and check the forums for new threads from time to time.

I'm very active on pinside as I do a lot of Pinball modding and maintenance now but not so active on other forums like here and Atari age anymore.

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2022, 11:57:13 pm »
I wouldn't ever say that this place was really all that happening. Nintendo Age, Assembler, etc, they always had a lot more talk to go around.

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2022, 12:19:35 pm »
I wouldn't ever say that this place was really all that happening. Nintendo Age, Assembler, etc, they always had a lot more talk to go around.

It definitely was 5+ years ago. I remember coming on here around 2014/2015 and there being new threads almost daily, often multiple new threads. Yeah, it definitely wasn't Nintendoage or GameFAQ ever, but it was certainly way more happening here back then than its been for the last 3 or 4 years.

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2022, 12:30:09 pm »
I appreciate everyone's response. I personally don't use social media often and honestly kind of despise it for many different reasons. I guess VGcollect despite how outdated the forum format is for online discussion and interaction, I kind of prefer it due to its simplicity and it being free from all the toxicity, data harvesting, and politics often found on sites like Facebook and Twitter. I know forums can be notorious for problems too, but at least this place has always been one of the coolest communities of online collectors/gamers I've ever belonged to. It just makes me sad to see the discussion and interaction dry up to being almost non-existent these days.

telekill

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2022, 01:53:52 pm »
Agree. I haven't been on social media in a year and a half. It's been incredible but unfortunately the toxicity of the internet has now become normalized in real life. Many people can't hold simple conversations face to face anymore.

kashell

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2022, 06:34:27 pm »
A day late and a zenny short to this conversation, but I still post. A bit. Not nearly as much as I used to but I still enjoy the forum on the whole. I'm more of a lurker than poster nowadays, though.

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2022, 11:19:05 pm »
I typed a bigger thing about concerns but don't want to be that guy. I'd say everyone is just having life obligations financially and emotionally post covid. But It'll get better :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 11:45:57 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2022, 01:25:39 am »
Mainly use the site for tracking my collection as RF Gen just became way too slow to submit stuff. Sometimes weeks if not months. I post on a lot of places so I just don't post much here.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2022, 07:01:23 pm »
Mainly use the site for tracking my collection as RF Gen just became way too slow to submit stuff. Sometimes weeks if not months. I post on a lot of places so I just don't post much here.

Whoah, I totally forgot I have an rf gen account! Thanks for reminding me.

I got a lot of famicom games from folks on there.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2022, 10:05:33 pm »
I lurk.
I don’t collect like I did.
I still love you silly bastards.

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2022, 11:44:14 am »
I joined around 2016/2017 and do feel like it was more happening then. I only ever sort of dip in and out; I recognize all the folks here, but doubt you all would recognize me  ;D

I think I feel a lot of what others have said, but primarily the negativity. There were some trolls and negativity I just don't vibe with. I come back here when I get depressed with Reddit. I also just find it hard to check in, though I enjoy reading the threads from the primary group here. Y'all have some great collections and neat things to show off.

I'm glad your all still here!

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2022, 03:35:01 pm »

There's a setting for notifications in your profile.  It is not on by default.
[/quote]

Thanks bro I didn't know that. I turned it on.
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

scott

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2022, 04:14:42 pm »
Life gets in the way a lot of times. Plus, like others have said, other social media options out there now that easily take away attention, in lieu of forums time.

Now a days, with work and other things going on with life, I can easily lose days without even realizing it. Hell, I was all set to be more active here after the anniversary celebrations. But then, things happened, and well here we are.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread