Author Topic: advice/help  (Read 2723 times)

advice/help
« on: July 25, 2022, 01:17:19 pm »
its a verry sad day that I actualy have to make this post but it has to be done.

due to me not being able to use vita systems anymore due to the update that makes it impossible for me to log in my psn account on the vita I am most likely gonna sell everything.

its realy painfull to me  but whats the point in owning games if sony made it literaly impossible for me to play any of them ever again?

I know its probatly a lot of work but what would my collection be worth if I sell it in 1 big lot?

I dont wanna sell stuff lose because that would hurt me even more then sell everything in 1 go because every sale would hurt me.

I own every single vita game ever released in english and a bunch of japanese games

about 70% of my lrg collection is still sealed.
my east asia games are all still sealed

and from the rest of my collection on avarage I would say about 50% is sealed.

im not asking for an exact number just a ballpark realy

like 10k 20k etc

dhaabi

Re: advice/help
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 02:02:57 pm »
In what way are you locked from your account? Have you tried the steps suggested in this reddit thread? I just updated to 3.74 after reading your post. I went through the Device Setup Password prompt and had zero issues and am connected to my account on my system.

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 02:20:43 pm »
In what way are you locked from your account? Have you tried the steps suggested in this reddit thread? I just updated to 3.74 after reading your post. I went through the Device Setup Password prompt and had zero issues and am connected to my account on my system.
I dont have a smartphone nor do I want one so yes for me its impossible

dhaabi

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 02:24:59 pm »
I dont have a smartphone nor do I want one so yes for me its impossible

I completed the process without using a smartphone.

telekill

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2022, 02:25:34 pm »
Wait... why would you need to be logged in to your account to play your physical games?

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2022, 02:44:14 pm »
you need to setup your account  for that you need to log in  at elast once which isnt possible anymore for me:(

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2022, 03:16:32 pm »
Sony really came out of nowhere with that stuff, and it's still a mess for me, but you def don't need a phone of any kind, as long as you have access to the internet (And your email address)

I have 2 Sony accounts, and i couldn't recall the passwords for either. Password reset has stopped working since this all began, so I'm still locked out of my second account (I remembered my main account password). My brother has been locked out of his Vita too, since he can't recover/change the password. Since it's only a secondary account I haven't bothered, but if you really want to get access again you are likely going to have to contact Sony.
You can technically play physical games without your account, but previous saves are associated with the account (Maybe all, IDK).

if you do sell off your stuff, you would get more selling individually. If you have something cool like a complete Vita collection maybe consider going through an auction house.

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2022, 03:31:02 pm »
I called sony today they confirmed pretty much what I said here without a phone I am screwed. 

I was logged out of my account tday when I updated my vita (hadnt used it in a bit)

I logged in first mention I got was a qr code I ened to scan and do some stuff.  so even on my main vita I cnat log in anymore and while I might be able to still play some games. if this vita ever dies I have no way to setup my account on any other vita.

and you need to setup an psn account at least to use the system so on a new vita it would literaly be impossible for me to use it.

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2022, 03:40:13 pm »
Not sure why they tell you that you need a phone.

If you already know your normal password, it's quick and easy. My problem is that I didn't.

I never once used a phone. I used the printed code via my PC instead of the QR code (You get both, and can use either)

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/account/ps3-ps-vita-device-setup-password/#signin

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2022, 03:49:22 pm »
Not sure why they tell you that you need a phone.

If you already know your normal password, it's quick and easy. My problem is that I didn't.

I never once used a phone. I used the printed code via my PC instead of the QR code (You get both, and can use either)

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/account/ps3-ps-vita-device-setup-password/#signin
I log in using my vita I get greeted by an mesage saying ''to sign in on this ps vita you need to create a device setup password scan the qr code with your mobile devive to get started.

I dont have a smartphone so I am screwed

@telekill sorry for missing your response but i you dont have an psn account activated you cnat sue the vita originaly I didnt want an psn account when I bought the vita but found out later its not optional sadly. if you dont have an activated psn account on your system you cnat use it

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2022, 04:06:04 pm »
OK, but You don't need to use the QR code. I never did. You just need to access PSN's website with your account.

Go to security settings
then scroll down to device setup password.
It will generate a random password (That's the printed code I mentioned earlier, I needed to refresh my memory on where you got it)
Log into your vita with that password, (enable auto- sign in) and that will allow you to use your vita again.

No Phone
No QR Code

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2022, 04:07:57 pm »
I log in using my vita I get greeted by an mesage saying ''to sign in on this ps vita you need to create a device setup password scan the qr code with your mobile devive to get started.

It should also say, OR visit the following URL to get started. It than give you a link on where to go.

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2022, 04:17:42 pm »
it might and then what?  its bs I need to waste time  using unreleated devices just to use the device I bought fairly.
I just wanna iuse my system  to play games  not having to use other deviced I might not own just to be able to use said device.

for the vita when I bought it It needed a memorycard and an charger thats it. they cant just change the rules like this and realy you shouldnt defend this bs in the first place.   either way this discussion wasnt the point of the topic

to me the fact of the mather is I cnat use my vitas anymore I talked to sony directly and the employe told me I was screwed as well thats the fact of the mather sadly

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2022, 04:22:19 pm »
it might and then what?  its bs I need to waste time  using unreleated devices just to use the device I bought fairly.
I just wanna iuse my system  to play games  not having to use other deviced I might not own just to be able to use said device.

for the vita when I bought it It needed a memorycard and an charger thats it. they cant just change the rules like this and realy you shouldnt defend this bs in the first place.   either way this discussion wasnt the point of the topic

to me the fact of the mather is I cnat use my vitas anymore I talked to sony directly and the employe told me I was screwed as well thats the fact of the mather sadly

I wasn't defending any of this stuff... like I said, I can't use my 2nd account because of it. I guess I'm the one who really wasted their time trying to help you get your vita working. Sorry you waste more of yours too I suppose. If you are this insistent that you are screwed, you are screwed.

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2022, 04:32:27 pm »

I wasn't defending any of this stuff... like I said, I can't use my 2nd account because of it. I guess I'm the one who really wasted their time trying to help you get your vita working. Sorry you waste more of yours too I suppose. If you are this insistent that you are screwed, you are screwed.
yeah sorry I am just relay pissed about this and in a shitty mood because of it. I appreciate you trying to help but the fact of the mather is just that there isnt relay a solution like I said even if I could get it done with the link and everything for how long would that work?  its a mather of time before they take thta method away as well
. also the vita is an handheld  this makes it impossible to use it as an handheld.

if I wanna play a game I want to put the game in and play maybe click on a few things thats it. not first do 50 other steps  to fonaly be able to use it at that point I dont feel like playing anymore.

thats 1 of the major reasons I never got into pc gaming  before downloads took over either. I just wanted to play a game. not trouble shoot for hours every game to play it.

like drivers installing things google error codes etc

so realy sorry if I came off rude or ungratefull that realy wasnt what i wanted