Author Topic: Assassin's Creed Blowout  (Read 861 times)

telekill

Assassin's Creed Blowout
« on: September 11, 2022, 08:38:48 am »

Ubisoft had a belated E3 presentation they called UbiForward yesterday that was a celebration of 15 years of Assassin's Creed. They showed off not just the next Assassin's Creed game but a plethora of upcoming Assassin's Creed games. It was a bit nuts. I'm sure you can find the 90 minute presentation online somewhere if you want to watch but I figure I would break down all the new AC games that will be coming and I doubt I'm alone when I say I can sum it up in one word... Oversaturation.

Here's the breakdown:

AC Mirage (best in show IMO)
 - Play as Basim from AC Valhalla.
 - Takes place 10-15 years before AC Valhalla.
 - Takes place in Bagdad.
 - Sounds like it may play like the original AC games (a good thing)
 - Last Cross Gen AC (Playstation, Xbox, PC)
 - $50 -- Releases in 2023 sometime
 - Preorder snags you an extra DLC mission
 - I added the PS5 version of this to VG Collect's database for wish lists.

AC Codename Red (runner up)
 - Takes the series to Japan
 - PS5, XSeries, PC only (from what I understand)
 - Part of the AC Infinity platform (still unclear what Infinity is)
 -- Might have multiplayer via Infinity?  ???
 - Open world like Origins - Valhalla

AC Codename Hexe
 - Really unknown what this is. Maybe a cross of AC and Witcher?
 - Part of the AC Infinity platform
 -- Might have multiplayer via Infinity?
 - Assumed PS5, XSeries and PC

AC Codename Jade
 - Mobile game with focus on touch control (insert vomit emoji)
 - Takes place in ancient China.

AC Netflix Mobile Game
 - You read that right. Netflix... exclusive... mobile game.
 -- Insert vomit emoji
 - Nothing really known about this beyond vomit inducing info above.

AC Netflix live-action TV series announced. Nothing shown.

AC Valhalla Last DLC Revealed

I was honestly hoping for a remake of the first game, but there's a rumor that may happen via DLC to Mirage. Now... I've been a fan of the AC series from the first through Syndicate. From Origins on, it's been a bit of a slog where I've had to force myself to beat the games. I still haven't beat Valhalla's main story as I just can't get into it after having it since PS5's launch.

I'm interested in Mirage but won't buy it if it plays like the last couple. I'm interested in Codename Red's setting but will probably just stick with Ghost of Tsushima as it's confirmed to play like the last couple. Time will tell.

What are your thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 08:45:58 am by telekill »

dhaabi

Re: Assassin's Creed Blowout
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 12:04:22 pm »
I doubt I'm alone when I say I can sum it up in one word... Oversaturation.

I haven't ever played any of the Assassin's Creed entries nor want to, but, with 12 entries in 15 years, I'm going to assume that the franchise has felt oversaturated for quite some time.

Here's the breakdown:

AC Mirage

While the game hasn't released yet and details can surely change, the game's provisional rating in North America is ESRB AO, for adults only. This is due to "Real Gambling" which seems to differ from loot boxes and other in-game forms of gambling. With this in mind, I wonder if Ubisoft plans to incorporate their NFT program named Quartz into Mirage and other titles moving forward

telekill

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2022, 01:02:17 pm »

While the game hasn't released yet and details can surely change, the game's provisional rating in North America is ESRB AO, for adults only. This is due to "Real Gambling" which seems to differ from loot boxes and other in-game forms of gambling. With this in mind, I wonder if Ubisoft plans to incorporate their NFT program named Quartz into Mirage and other titles moving forward

That would be incredibly gross. If it's infested with that crap, I'll probably won't touch it with a 10ft pole.

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2022, 01:37:05 pm »
I loved Origins and Odyssey, but thought Valhalla was a slog.  I'm sure I'll check out Mirage eventually, as Ubisoft tends to drop prices very quickly.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2022, 02:52:10 pm »
Ubisoft leaned heavily on Assassin's Creed during the presentation.
Curious how it will play out.
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2022, 09:45:47 pm »
I consider myself one of the few who likes Ubisoft but that show was so bad. The only things I liked were Heartland's proper reveal and Trackmania coming to consoles. Where the hell was XDefiant?! I guess it was nice that the Rabbids series is coming full circle and bringing back Rayman but I don't really care for the game.

As for all the Assassin's Creed stuff it's just upsetting to me because with all that's being worked on that means no one is working on a fourth Watch Dogs. I want the main team from the first two games to make the fourth one but I guess Ubisoft is over that franchise. If Watch Dogs: Legion - Bloodline is actually the end of the series at least it wrapped up well. Watch the next release be a completely unnecessary remake of the first game..

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2022, 01:28:03 am »
The only one I was kinda alright with, was Black Flag.  I dabbled in AC3, and Odyssey, but I really can't get into the AC games, especially now with Odyssey, Origins, and Valhalla.  I just feel like they are too much.  I'm generally quite into open world games, but the AC games just feel like a chore to me.  I'm interested in the Japan setting, it's the one thing I wanted to see from AC years ago, though with Ghost of Tsushima being a thing, it sorta feels unnecessary at this point, but if they do that one and it's not this crazy huge, 100+ hour time sink, I might be interested.

aliensstudios

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2022, 12:00:17 am »
Ubisoft tends to drop prices very quickly.
Typically, Ubisoft offers not much more than vapid crap
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2022, 04:35:58 am »
The AC series is so bloated now that I don't even know how to approach it & I got as far as Brotherhood!

Also the typical Ubisoft/ac open World Formula doesn't appeal to me - Go to vantage point, seek out icons on the map, rinse and repeat. But I should say I am quite fatigued with the open world genre as a whole!

I kind of wish the series either started a new story Arc or released stand alone titles. I was interested in Black Flag but being tied to the rest of the over-arching story is intimidating... So the news of them announcing 4 games has put me off the series further I'd afraid.