Author Topic: Playstation State of Play Sept. 13th, 2022.  (Read 869 times)

telekill

Playstation State of Play Sept. 13th, 2022.
« on: September 12, 2022, 07:41:40 pm »
Figured I would post the news that a 20-ish minute State of Play will be held tomorrow at 6pm ET.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/09/12/state-of-play-returns-tomorrow-september-13/

The full story:

With Tokyo Game Show just around the corner, it’s almost time to celebrate the amazing creative contributions of the Japanese game development community. And it’s also a perfect time to kick off another State of Play.

State of Play returns tomorrow, Tuesday, September 13, with a new live broadcast at 3:00pm Pacific Time / 6:00pm Eastern Time / 11:00pm BST. You can watch it live on Twitch and YouTube.

For tomorrow’s show, we’ll have some great updates from our amazing Japanese partners, along with a few other surprises from developers all around the world. 

Expect about ~20 minutes of reveals, new updates and fresh gameplay footage for 10 games coming to PS5, PS4, and PS VR2.

------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I'm keeping my expectations low. The last three years of lackluster reveals have left me jaded to a fault. As per usual, I'll hope for a Dino Crisis reboot, Shenmue 4 or a continuation of Uncharted, but I high doubt that will happen.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 07:43:21 pm by telekill »

Re: Playstation State of Play Sept. 13th, 2022.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 08:29:31 pm »
Nintendo is having a Direct in the morning tomorrow, so lots of game news happening.

As per usual, my only desire from the Playstation events is something Bloodborne related and being that this one is meant to revolve abit more around the Japanese developers, some From Software showing up would be great.  One day they'll acknowledge Bloodborne again lol

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 08:45:12 pm »
Really disappointing that this isn't a PlayStation Showcase which happened around this time the last two years with an emphasis on first party games and being bigger overall than a regular State of Play.

telekill

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 05:18:55 pm »
Word on the street is already coming out to temper expectations.

Done and done.

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 05:42:15 pm »

Done and done.

That's just what THEY want you to think, so that your mind is more easily blown away! No, I'm going even more hyped and expecting not just a Bloodborne remake releasing next month, but next year we'll get Bloodborne 2, and in 2024, we'll get Bloodborne 3! This couldn't possibly backfire for me!

telekill

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 05:51:13 pm »

Done and done.

That's just what THEY want you to think, so that your mind is more easily blown away! No, I'm going even more hyped and expecting not just a Bloodborne remake releasing next month, but next year we'll get Bloodborne 2, and in 2024, we'll get Bloodborne 3! This couldn't possibly backfire for me!

HA!  ;D I say that to my family all the time.

You do you. I hope you're right.

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2022, 06:20:22 pm »
While I'm not a huge Tekken player, that was a decent start for the show.  The game is real nice looking.

Pacific Drive honestly looks cool.  Maybe a VR game? First person driving horror/scifi game could be neat.

Stellar Blade looks good, like a less campy Bayonetta/DMC.

Rise of the Ronin looks cool too.

So yeah that wasn't much.  Nothing bad and at least there's a game or two that looked cool, but none of it is releasing any time soon.  I know God of War ended it, but I'm not watching whatever it was as I don't need to see anymore on the game.

telekill

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2022, 06:24:55 pm »
Pacific Drive looked interesting. Nothing shown I'm too excited for though.

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2022, 06:54:50 pm »
If Tekken 8 actually looks like that it's pretty impressive.

Hogwarts Legacy's PlayStation exclusive quest looked interesting.

Looking forward to PlayStation Stars. I hope it'll be on PS4 but it's launching first on mobile. What would be even better instead of just having them on your profile would be an app on console where you can explore in a 3D environment and see everyone's collections but I guess that's asking too much.

They should also treat the Ape Escape IP better. Ape Escape 2 is one of the few games on PS5 that have major graphical issues. Did they release a patch fixing it to coincide with their recognition of specifically 2? Of course not.

Why on Earth would Sony pick up a game that looks exactly like Ghost of Tsushima when Sucker Punch is likely already making the sequel?

God of War Ragnarök DualSense is cute.

telekill

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2022, 07:25:16 pm »
Why on Earth would Sony pick up a game that looks exactly like Ghost of Tsushima when Sucker Punch is likely already making the sequel?

They've done it before....

dhaabi

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2022, 10:57:43 am »
Pacific Drive caught my attention the most.

I'll definitely be buying Like a Dragon: Ishin at some point. It's a large series, and I've only experienced a few titles so far. On that note, an announcement trailer for Like a Dragon 8 (Yakuza 8) was announced this morning. I'm glad the franchise name has been updated to reflect the local name's translation.

Stellar Blade—Korea's take on Nier: Automata—seems okay. However, I'd need to see more of it before having a real opinion for it. That said, I did not like some of the voice acting.

Rise of the Ronin seems fine, but it's probably not a game I'd pursue to play.

Tekken 8 looks fantastic. It's a shame I don't play fighting games.

God of War Ragnarök looks the exact same as its predecessor.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2022, 11:59:16 am »
God of War: Ragnarok is all that's on my radar for this. Which I already have pre-ordered and fully paid for.

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2022, 02:40:48 pm »
Tekken 8 was the only thing that got my blood pumping. GoW Ragnarok might have got me excited, but I am so behind in the franchise that I need to play catch up before jumping into the newest game in the franchise. The last GoW game I beat was 2 on the PS2 lol. But overall it was a pretty disappointing State of Play for me and it still leaves me dissatisfied with my decision to get a PS5. On a side note, my wife is beyond hyped for Hogwarts Legacy, which I'm excited for her, but personally have no interest in Harry Potter.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2022, 03:14:42 pm »
Tekken 8 was the only thing that got my blood pumping. GoW Ragnarok might have got me excited, but I am so behind in the franchise that I need to play catch up before jumping into the newest game in the franchise. The last GoW game I beat was 2 on the PS2 lol. But overall it was a pretty disappointing State of Play for me and it still leaves me dissatisfied with my decision to get a PS5. On a side note, my wife is beyond hyped for Hogwarts Legacy, which I'm excited for her, but personally have no interest in Harry Potter.

All you need to play to understand this God of War is the one right before it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 03:17:22 pm by burningdoom »