Author Topic: Nintendo Direct 9.13.22 thoughts?  (Read 1709 times)

Nintendo Direct 9.13.22 thoughts?
« on: September 13, 2022, 10:51:01 am »
I think that was quite bad!

Fatal Frame is nice I guess.

N64 adding good games.

Diddy Kong in Strikers but not MK8D.

Wave 3 leak of MK8D BCP was confirmed.

Switch Sports golf delayed. Please understand.

Pikmin 4 with new perspective looked good.

Kirby Return to Dream Land coming to Switch.

Tears of the Kingdom looked like a Breath of the Wild expansion.

hexen

Re: Nintendo Direct 9.13.22 thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 11:36:23 am »
So many farming games that will be redundant when they fall well short of Stardew Valley's quality and content quantity. Like seriously, there were 5 or 6 in the direct which is ridiculous. It's a solved genre basically... nobody but another indie dev is ever going to have the passion to even try to match Concerned Ape and outdo Stardew Valley which I'd put my chips on never happening.

Pikmin 4 is at least a big 1st party, though not one I personally care about. I'm almost never impressed by Directs and today was no exception, they are usually just dumping grounds for mid-ware no one cares about.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 11:37:27 am »
There was absolutely nothing for me here other than Tears of the Kingdom, which I'm very excited for, but it sucks it's all the way in May.  I was maybe hoping we'd something else Zelda show up inbetween then, but I guess not.  Not even the inevitable Wind Waker HD/Twilight Princess HD Switch ports happened, something I wasn't excited for, but I would at least take Twilight Princess HD, just to have. 

Oh well, at least I got Bayonetta 3 as my one thing to play.  Man...Pokemon Arceus and Bayonetta 3 are gonna be my only notable Switch games for the year.  I don't know if I'll get Pokemon Scarlet/Violet as I'm kinda expecting it to be lacking alot like Sword/Shield and Arceus, and that crystal gameplay mechanic is maybe the dumbest thing they've done, but we'll see.

telekill

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 11:47:48 am »
Yeah, Tears of the Kingdom was my only take away. Looking forward too it.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 12:57:39 pm »
A new Project Zero!!

Now I only need an F-zero and I'll buy a Switch
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 01:18:09 pm »
A new Project Zero!!

Now I only need an F-zero and I'll buy a Switch
Well, not new and it's on all platforms.

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2022, 01:50:25 pm »
As someone who isn't an Nintendo fan I was quite happy with what was shown!

Delighted to see Fatal Frame IV finally escaping the Wii! Hope the Physical Edition gets a proper distributor this time...

Also, nice to see Octopath Traveller II is appearing on PlayStation this time! Weird though, as the 1st game is on Xbox but not this one...

Happy with the Crisis Core Remaster - Although the trailer was spoilerific! Still not won over by the voice overs this time...

Interested in the Tales game, I do have the PS3 Remaster to play....

Overall decent show!

kashell

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2022, 02:36:43 pm »
The newish Kirby was my highlight. Also excited about Fatal Frame.

I'm going to pass on Tales of Symphonia since it's been done before, and I've already played the heck out of it.

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2022, 03:39:26 pm »
A neat adjacent thing happening, as they brought up that Goldeneye was coming to their N64 releases with multiplayer, Xbox has announced that an improved version of  Goldeneye with improved visuals, controls, framerate, and online play is coming to Xbox.  I was more excited for that, but it seems to be Xbox only, not available on PC, which is disappointing.  It's free with Rare Replay if you have that too.  That would be an awesome game to get released on PC for myself.

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2022, 03:56:14 pm »
A neat adjacent thing happening, as they brought up that Goldeneye was coming to their N64 releases with multiplayer, Xbox has announced that an improved version of  Goldeneye with improved visuals, controls, framerate, and online play is coming to Xbox.  I was more excited for that, but it seems to be Xbox only, not available on PC, which is disappointing.  It's free with Rare Replay if you have that too.  That would be an awesome game to get released on PC for myself.

Online multiplayer is exclusive to Switch.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1569715781650481152

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2022, 04:56:21 pm »

Online multiplayer is exclusive to Switch.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1569715781650481152

Well that's unfortunate.  Still cool that a better version of it is available on Xbox, though I'll never get to play since it's stuck on Xbox only and I have zero interest in picking up an Xbox when I already have a PS5, Switch, and PC.  I was hoping they were done with console exclusives, but I guess not.

Well, since I didn't get any Zelda news other than Tears of the Kingdom is now pretty far off, I might take this time and attempt a replay of Breath of the Wild.  Maybe I'll try and do an emulated version of it.  I feel like that would keep me more into the game on a second playthrough for such a long ass game.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 05:04:40 pm by kamikazekeeg »

aliensstudios

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2022, 09:36:25 pm »
At least we got more Kirby and Fire Emblem games, we definitely haven't had enough of them lately :)

Pikmin 4 is pretty exciting. Hopefully you can play with the joycons, similar to how you can use the Wii remote and nunchuck in Pikmin 3 and the Wii versions of 1 and 2; makes those games much more enjoyable.

Diddy Kong in Strikers but not MK8D.
:'(
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2022, 12:36:21 am »
I'm finding myself most excited for the Tales of Symphonia remaster. One of my favorite games for the Gamecube.

telly

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2022, 09:00:35 am »
At least we got more Kirby and Fire Emblem games, we definitely haven't had enough of them lately :)

Pikmin 4 is pretty exciting. Hopefully you can play with the joycons, similar to how you can use the Wii remote and nunchuck in Pikmin 3 and the Wii versions of 1 and 2; makes those games much more enjoyable.

I personally really enjoyed playing Pikmin 3 with the GamePad for multitasking with sending units to different places on the map and for placing units down. Was one of the few games on the Wii U that I've felt used the GamePad in meaningful way.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

dhaabi

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2022, 11:12:38 am »
Octopath Traveler II looks good. I've still got the first entry in my backlog, though.

I'm mildly interested in Master Detective Archives: Rain Code.

Pikmin 4 seems okay. I've only played the first entry, but I'd like to visit the others.

I'm not really sold on The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. I'm sure I'll pick it up at some point, but it doesn't seem that different from Breath of the Wild.

It's nice that Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse is finally being localized.

I did enjoy both Final Fantasy Theatrythm games before, so maybe I'll buy Final Fantasy Theatrythm: Final Bar Line when it's dropped in price since it doesn't seem that different from the other two entries.