Author Topic: Strictly Limited Games is a %$@#ing JOKE!  (Read 766 times)

Strictly Limited Games is a %$@#ing JOKE!
« on: January 08, 2023, 10:24:40 pm »
Do not order anything from Strictly Limited Games! They are bunch of lying, unprofessional douche hats that will take your money and may or may not decide to fulfill your order.

I ordered over $200 worth of games from them back in November 2021 in a single order. This last September I emailed their customer support and asked when my order would ship, in which Hanna from SLG replied "sometime in October." Content with their response, I thought, "okay, well I'll keep an eye out for a shipping confirmation in October then."

October came and went, so did November, and so did December, and there was nothing. Finally right after the new year I emailed them back pretty pissed off and asked where the hell my games were since I'd received no order confirmation up to that point. The same support rep Hanna emails me back and says they'll be shipping my games "soon" giving no hint as to when the hell that would be. I ask her if they've had my games the whole time and if they'd have just held off on shipping them to me had I not messaged them again. A week later she gives me a snarky response saying they can't ship people's order out the same day they get them in, completely ignoring my questions.

It's like, wtf happened to October, or even communicating that they would be delayed. Regardless I still don't have a shipping confirmation. I know many others who have ordered the same games that are in my unreceived order so this isn't a matter of waiting for one of the games to come out still. So yeah, it appears Strictly Limited Games has been sitting on my order for months and has no intention to fulfill it unless one day they feel like it.

I get they are part of the whole "limited" production of physical games business model like Limited Run Games, Special Reserve Games, and various others like them. In other words, I expect to have to wait months to see my order fulfilled since after the preorder window closes the games need to be manufactured, shipped to the company, and then shipped out to the customer. But when I reach out to you and you set the expectation around a specific month, and three more months go by with no confirmation or even a follow up being like, "hey we're backed up, it'll ship in another 2 or 3 months" you have no right to act like a piece of shit just because your customer had the audacity to ask when their fucking order is going to ship!

Unfortunately I have three other orders with them that were all placed before this shit started. But regardless of what games they announce in the future I'll gladly pay slightly more to a scalper or someone on Ebay for a copy. Fuck Strictly Limited Games!

I just wanted to rant and warn others of how unprofessional they are and also how dodgy they are about answering basic questions about when a customer order is going to be fulfilled.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 10:30:34 pm by bikingjahuty »

mastodon

Re: Strictly Limited Games is a %$@#ing JOKE!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 10:58:42 pm »
Good to know

telekill

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 11:30:45 pm »
Can you get a refund and cancel the order?

soera

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 11:38:09 pm »
Ahhh Hannah. I've dealt with her before. I had an order that was almost 2 years old when they shipped it. I had moved since then. They never mentioned when my item was shipping. I get the info and of course it tracks to my old house. It finally gets forwarded back to SLG for return. I ask them for a replacement and explained why and they sent the second one to the same damned address again. I messaged her again asking wtf. She says that I didn't change the address on the order. Which isn't even possible to do. I had changed my address on my account way before the first package even shipped as it was. So, I had to track the package every day to make sure I could intercept it at the post office before it forwarded back too. Was just a big run around that could have been avoided so easily. They were great in the beginning when it was just the 2 of them (Same thing as LRG to be honest) but since they grew past that, it's a nightmare.

telekill

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2023, 01:06:32 pm »
Welp, looks like LRG is off my table as a go to for purchases. They apparently fired someone for following conservative outlets on Twitter and having a conservative worldview. They then went on Twitter saying they believe in tolerance for all. Sure... except those that don't fall in line with your worldview.

I won't get further into it, but I wrote them telling them they lost a customer and why. Sick of these self professed tolerant people being anything but.

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2023, 01:39:38 pm »
Can you get a refund and cancel the order?

I got an email this morning that stated my games will now ship within "two week." We'll see, but if they drop the ball on that I probably will demand a refund.

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2023, 01:40:12 pm »
Ahhh Hannah. I've dealt with her before. I had an order that was almost 2 years old when they shipped it. I had moved since then. They never mentioned when my item was shipping. I get the info and of course it tracks to my old house. It finally gets forwarded back to SLG for return. I ask them for a replacement and explained why and they sent the second one to the same damned address again. I messaged her again asking wtf. She says that I didn't change the address on the order. Which isn't even possible to do. I had changed my address on my account way before the first package even shipped as it was. So, I had to track the package every day to make sure I could intercept it at the post office before it forwarded back too. Was just a big run around that could have been avoided so easily. They were great in the beginning when it was just the 2 of them (Same thing as LRG to be honest) but since they grew past that, it's a nightmare.

After what I've been through with them none of that surprises me one bit.

Warmsignal

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2023, 01:45:49 pm »
I keep trying to tell you guys to stop patronizing these limited print game companies. Their model is founded on a stupid FOMO gimmick, and their ethics and business practices are garbage. Support small traditional game publishers, and just purchase their products from retail. No false promises, no full money tied up in something that'll be done on some dude's free time in his basement.

As I've said before, I don't care what game I wish I had a physical copy of. If one of these type companies are producing it, then I don't want it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 01:47:56 pm by Warmsignal »

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2023, 04:32:09 am »
Weird. I never had an issue. Only bought from them twice however and did have to wait a year on Clockwork but Fast RMX shipped right away. LRG I had a lot of issues with, however. Another one I had issues with was Dispatch Games which now I'm not even sure still exists.

kashell

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2023, 11:52:41 am »
Dang.

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2023, 01:11:37 pm »
Weird. I never had an issue. Only bought from them twice however and did have to wait a year on Clockwork but Fast RMX shipped right away. LRG I had a lot of issues with, however. Another one I had issues with was Dispatch Games which now I'm not even sure still exists.

Ironically my last purchase with them went fine. It's pretty off putting that it's so different this time.

hexen

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2023, 04:51:15 pm »
From what I know they are in pretty dire straights and likely do not put the proper funding into having a proper staff to deal with all the problems, there was also that recent firing already mentioned which was a bad PR move at an already bad time. I'll admit that I have bought 14 orders from them since the release of their first Switch game and have never had any issues outside of their iconic slow fulfillment... heck, they even sent me that 5-year coin that customers more prolific than I had much trouble getting so I am probably on the higher end of customer satisfaction. Still, they've always been kinda scummy - even in the past they cancelled all a guy's orders for complaining about them on Twitter.

All I can say is they probably have a death clock already ticking for the next few years... they've exhausted most good games with no physical release and are now mainly re-releasing old games to the point it's been over a year anything has interested me on top of customer dissatisfaction such as this.

I'm stupid, completely different producer. They need to stop all being similarly named with 3 letter initials.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 01:56:50 pm by hexen »
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2023, 07:57:34 pm »
Welp, looks like LRG is off my table as a go to for purchases. They apparently fired someone for following conservative outlets on Twitter and having a conservative worldview. They then went on Twitter saying they believe in tolerance for all. Sure... except those that don't fall in line with your worldview.

I won't get further into it, but I wrote them telling them they lost a customer and why. Sick of these self professed tolerant people being anything but.

Have you ever heard of the paradox of tolerance?