Author Topic: State of Play | February 23, 2023 thoughts?  (Read 791 times)

State of Play | February 23, 2023 thoughts?
« on: February 23, 2023, 03:55:44 pm »
Not much to say about the PS VR2 games but Green Hell VR looked quite bad.

Tchia has had more promotion from Sony than a lot of their own IP. Launches at no additional cost in the higher PS Plus tiers.

March PS Plus Essential lineup: Battlefield 2042? Pathetic. (I'll probably end up installing.) Code Vein is interesting I guess. Minecraft Dungeons I don't care.

Humanity finally resurfacing with a demo is awesome.

Wayfinder seems worth a try for free.

Resident Evil 4 demo.

I've been interested in Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League and still am.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 04:39:13 pm by weirdfeline »

Re: State of Play | February 23, 2023 thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 06:46:49 am »
Not much to be fair - Though I had zero expectations. I thought it wa just going to be all about PSVR2, which I have no intention of gettign anyway.

The only real announcement I cared for was the March PS+ Selection. Been cautious of Ghostwire Tokyo so glad to have a a chance to play it.

RE4R Looks great, not a day one purchase for me as I am currently replaying all the RE games and just beat RE4 not long ago.

I'm pretty far behind on the Arkham gamse (I started City and the open world structure put me off), but the new game seems VERY over the top in comparision to the grounded experience I play with Arham Asylum - While not realistic of course, to see massive cit size robots and all gubns blazing just seemed a massive departure in tone from the previous games (Well my experience wit A.A. at least.)

dhaabi

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 11:37:11 am »

I don't have any interest in the game, but seeing the growing trend of players being forced to maintain an internet connection to access single-player game modes is disappointing.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2023, 11:53:00 am »
No one is talking about Baldur's Gate 3?! That game, and Wolverine being console exclusives is starting to make me regret getting an Xbox Series X.

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2023, 01:35:43 pm »
A release date for BG3 is big news for me, but not with regard to the PS5.  RE4R is about the only PlayStation info that interested me.

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2023, 04:42:37 pm »
Flash forward two years and sealed copies of SS:KtJ will be going for ten dollars or less, same as Anthem. Those are my thoughts.

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2023, 10:09:30 pm »
Baldur's Gate 3 was definitely the highlight, but that's not saying much. Overall it was pretty bad, but then again most State of Plays are.

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2023, 03:55:16 am »

I don't have any interest in the game, but seeing the growing trend of players being forced to maintain an internet connection to access single-player game modes is disappointing.
I feel like that's been a thing for a decade though.

No one is talking about Baldur's Gate 3?! That game, and Wolverine being console exclusives is starting to make me regret getting an Xbox Series X.
Xhox Series S is holding it back. So for everyone looking forward to the PS4 and Xbox One versions of games to disappear the Series S will remain to hold back the current generation for years to come.

Flash forward two years and sealed copies of SS:KtJ will be going for ten dollars or less, same as Anthem. Those are my thoughts.
I hope so! I picked up Marvel's Avengers at that price. Good price for games like this. Free would be better though.

telekill

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2023, 08:56:59 am »
I got the bullet points after the fact. Wasn't impressed but it's become exceptionally difficult for modern gaming to impress me since PS5 launched. I keep finding myself going back to games I enjoyed from previous generations and replaying those. Currently replaying Witcher 3... granted... it's the PS5 upgrade.

In fact, the only new gen game exclusive I've really enjoyed so far is A Plague's Tale Requiem.

The gaming industry has a lot to prove if I'm going to bother with a PS6 or whatever they call it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 09:24:20 am by telekill »

soera

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2023, 06:13:57 pm »

PlayStation always wins!

<----  ;)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 06:15:42 pm by soera »