Author Topic: UK SNES Magazine Scores, Spreadsheet  (Read 346 times)

UK SNES Magazine Scores, Spreadsheet
« on: April 30, 2023, 02:46:30 pm »
Hi,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1he6GnibxV1xVkriG229v7x5RVavK9EMI9NPdV7S_qm8/

Ive created a spreadsheet for SNES game scores in the magazines that i have, with a handy 'Average' column at the start ..

I have almost all the SNES era Super Play, NMS, Total!, Gamezone & lots of others like Super Pro, Super Action, Super Gamer etc..

Its a work in progress but the bulk is now included, Hopefully not too many mistakes.
The magazines were interpreting Japanese game titles at the time so hopefully ive matched up any variations together.

If you spot anything wrong or have any suggestions - please let me know

sworddude

Re: UK SNES Magazine Scores, Spreadsheet
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2023, 04:49:56 pm »
How much did dragon's lair snes devs pay to get such high scores  ::)
Your Stylish Sword Master!

dhaabi

Re: UK SNES Magazine Scores, Spreadsheet
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 10:44:48 am »
It seems like the reviewer consensus of games with 3+ reviews are agreeing that Last Action Hero (6.3), George Foreman KO Boxing (24.0), and Wheel of Fortune (31.0) are the worst games for the system. Did Game Zone really award Last Action Hero with a -8 review score? Even if we were to count their score as 0, it would still bring the average score to the lowest of all games reviewed by more than three sources with a score of 9.0.

Personally, I found the AA column that details the difference between highest and lowest score most interesting. The largest difference is with Toys, which has a staggering difference of 73 (80 versus 7.) Is this game a total flop? Or is it actually good? It's nice that there is such a unified consensus for it during its time of release to help readers know before buying.