Author Topic: Playstation Showcase - Summer Game Fest  (Read 1926 times)

telekill

Re: Playstation Showcase - Summer Game Fest
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2023, 07:47:02 pm »
This was probably the worst Playstation showcase I've ever seen and I've been in the PS camp since they started. Almost nothing new shown and what was new was lackluster. I feel this entire showcase was to reveal the Wii-U rip-off device shown near the end along with PS brand earbuds. Ladifreak'n da.

They had so little to show from their first party studios that they added the filler of a new trailer for the Gran Turismo MOVIE!

It was absolutely pathetic after dealing with nearly 2 years of silence from them.

There are a select few titles I'm waiting for like Mass Effect 5 and Instinction. Once those titles release, I'm done paying attention to modern gaming.

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2023, 09:39:41 pm »
Sony just lowered the bar so low for them that it shouldn't be hard to surpass this.

This is is Xbox, they've not been doing super great really.  They have stuff in the wings with the companies they've been buying and such, but we are only just getting to that point still.  We'll see though, I don't want any company to do bad, or flop, more games I like is great (A part of me is hoping to see Banjo-Kazooie return some day), but unless they got some bangers lined up that is more than just Starfield, they could kinda suffer the same fate of the Sony showcase.
This image Xbox released on Twitter showing everything from the PlayStation Showcase that will be on Xbox is pretty funny.

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2023, 10:05:35 pm »
I was going to post that too lol It does really show the issues with the showcase when so much of it was multi-platform.  While I don't have high hopes for Xbox, I'm curious if they are gonna try and change up whatever they got planned to show off seeing the reaction to this showcase.  All these Sony players are looking at this showcase going "What here is justifying my PS5 purchase?" and Sony went "Spider-Man 2, stuff on a headset that costs an extra 500 dollars, a likely expensive remote play device, and likely expensive earbuds."

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2023, 05:11:02 pm »
I was going to post that too lol It does really show the issues with the showcase when so much of it was multi-platform.  While I don't have high hopes for Xbox, I'm curious if they are gonna try and change up whatever they got planned to show off seeing the reaction to this showcase.  All these Sony players are looking at this showcase going "What here is justifying my PS5 purchase?" and Sony went "Spider-Man 2, stuff on a headset that costs an extra 500 dollars, a likely expensive remote play device, and likely expensive earbuds."
They didn't even do a good job selling PS VR2. Crossfire IP being featured after the abysmal CrossfireX seems like scraping the bottom of the barrel to me. Firewall Ultra is the only PS VR2 Sony published game announced and that wasn't even there. Meta has a VR showcase coming up which will probably have future PS VR2 games but they also seem to like locking up exclusives.

ferraroso

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2023, 09:05:03 pm »
I don't care either way for a Remake of MGS3 - Like most remakes I feel it as an indulgence.

In my opinion, MGS3 is the greatest game ever made, period. So, I'll have to agree with you there.

And I must have been the only person on the planet who felt pretty disturbed seeing that weird little parrot with unnaturally short wings acting like a predator and feeding on that (probably poisonous) tree frog... I used to see wild parrots and macaws flying around everyday in my hometown, but I've never seen or heard of one who ate a frog!

telekill

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2023, 10:46:22 am »
After the abysmal Playstation showing last week, it's up to the Summer Game Fest on June 8th to give me any kind of hope for the future of gaming, both short and long term. All of the games I'm really looking forward too (Mass Effect 5, Instinction, Tomb Raider, etc.) are little better than vaporware until we see more on them. They have no solid release dates and more than likely won't release until late 2024 at the earliest.

I took a look on the Switch side of things since Zelda released and there's nothing on that end either for me. Here's what I'm wanting to play for the rest of the year:

- Sonic Origins Plus (PS5) -- planning to buy PS5 physical
 - Immortals of Aveum (PS5) -- Black Friday purchase ($70 is steep for a new IP)

I'm hoping part 2 of FF7 Remake is shown at Game Fest with a December 2023 release date, but I have my doubts. 10 days till some hope is regained or disappointment continues.

telekill

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2023, 09:05:48 am »
God help us all. It's the day of Summer Game Fest. Starts in about 6 hours. Fingers crossed.

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2023, 03:36:04 pm »
I got to it late, but sounds like it's already off to a better start by having lots of gameplay and such.  I missed the MK1 gameplay reveal, will go back to it, but that and I thought Sonic Superstars seemed neat.  Like I've said before I'm not the biggest fan of classic Sonic gameplay, but there seems like some fun stuff with this one.  Kinda hoping you can maybe pull the camera back abit, would be a nice feature.

Oh geez, Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2 full reveal.  Awesome!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 04:44:21 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2023, 04:43:51 pm »
Sonic Superstars looks alright but $60 is pretty funny after Sonic Mania.

I expected a Sand Land game and it looks decent.

Space Marine 2 still looking good.

John Carpenter's Toxic Commando is just Saber's World War Z game again.

Palworld seems to have gotten a lot nicer looking.

"Speaking of Final Fantasy.. DoorDash" was pretty funny from Geoff.

Warzone 2.0 new locations has me somewhat interested.

I'll probably watch Twisted Metal.

I want to play the new season of Fortnite now!! 15-ish more hours.

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2023, 04:53:08 pm »
While there wasn't tons of stuff I was excited for that I saw there, this was definitely an overall better show than the Playstation showcase as it just had way more gameplay stuff to show off.  Mortal Kombat 1 looks sick and I was not expecting them to show off Final Fantasy VII Rebirth here, which I'm super excited for.  Going back to multi-discs for systems apparently lol  That was mostly it for me unless I missed something.

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2023, 05:16:00 pm »
Hellskate on Day of the Devs just saved the day. Looks amazing.

telekill

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2023, 05:27:49 pm »
Not nearly as bad as the Playstation showcase. Highlights for this:

- FF7 Rebirth
 - Sonic something
 - MK1 gameplay

dhaabi

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2023, 05:39:07 pm »
I wonder how many live viewers regret watching Summer Game Fest 2023. What an abysmally boring showcase.

I watched the trailers uploaded by The Game Awards's YouTube Channel—there was nothing new shown of any interest of mine. Regarding general interest for newly-announced projects? I fail to see what it could be for. Sand Land is perhaps the only new game worth highlighting only for longtime fans of the manga.

Hellskate on Day of the Devs just saved the day. Looks amazing.

I'm not interested in sitting through the entire Day of the Devs showcase, but there may be some promising games shown. If any individual trailers get published, I may watch those.

telekill

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2023, 06:21:56 pm »
After some reflection, it seems odd to me that both showcases had little of interest to me. The only game reveal that raised my eyebrow was Sonic and that's because I know my son will love it. Everything else that had any interest, and honestly, not much interest, were games we already knew about. I got more excited for the Usagi DLC announcement for Shredder's Revenge a couple days ago, then anything shown at either of the showcases.

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2023, 06:40:19 pm »
I enjoyed Devolver's presentation a lot and they even mentioned Gex alongside some other irrelevant platformer characters like Aero the Acro-Bat.

As far as game announcements go Shadows of the Damned: Remastered is all I found interesting but Human Fall Flat 2 and Baby Steps will probably be huge with YouTube let's plays.