Author Topic: State of Play | January 31, 2024 thoughts?  (Read 790 times)

Warmsignal

Re: State of Play | January 31, 2024 thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2024, 07:33:13 pm »
There's some interesting stuff in there. Stellar Blade is the obvious highlight to me, Dragon's Dogma and Rise of the Ronin are interesting. Not much of a survival horror fan anymore, and not into Final Fantasy either, but hey maybe these games could change that. I like to keep an open mind.

telekill

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2024, 07:33:23 pm »
Nothing new of interest. Both Dragon's Dogma 2 and Stellar Blade have some interest but they will wait for a price drop.

ferraroso

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2024, 10:34:36 pm »
Yeah… absolutely nothing for me...
Well, I’m not surprised though. I just realized the last event of this kind that got me excited was E3 2015.

PS: This is the only thing that comes to mind whenever I see the name "Stellar Blade":
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 10:38:37 pm by ferraroso »

pzeke

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2024, 03:25:56 am »
I know I'm late to this, but whatever...

I want to say enough with the remakes already, but then again, I'm eagerly awaiting FFVII Rebirth and whatever comes after that, so I'm in no position to say such a thing. I mean, who am I kidding? I've been of the opinion that, as far as RPGs go, both The Legend of Dragoon and Parasite Eve are far more deserving candidates for such a treatment at this point, with Final Fantasy IX set aside given the rumors and because I'm biased toward it. It's a 50/50 deal for me, is what I guess I'm trying to say. What I do believe is that if Capcom intends to keep that train going, then they really need to tackle Dino Crisis; it's what almost everyone wants, and it'd be nice to revive an old, nearly forgotten gem of the past.

[...] Remake treatment [...] I don't think RE5 needs it. Honestly, I didn't think RE4 needs it either, though I'll be tempted to get it after a significant price drop. I really enjoyed RE5. The move to action was great, but I understand why the Survival Horror enthusiasts didn't enjoy the transformation.

Agreed, agreed, the same for me, and agreed.

Nice to know ZZZ is confirmed for PlayStation.

Fuck gacha.

Well that was a massive disappointment. I was happy to see more Silent Hill 2 gameplay, but not even a vague release date was pretty crappy. I am so freakin sick of Kojima. I get people love Metal Gear, but most of what he's worked on over the last decade makes him look like a giga edgelord. Everything else was very disappointing to meh imo. My wife is very hyped about Dragons Dogma 2, bur personally it's not something I'm into.

I am not watching these State of Plays live anymore. 9/10 times they are incredibly disappointing.

Good grief, dude.

PS: This is the only thing that comes to mind whenever I see the name "Stellar Blade":

Banzai!

Star Fox is the better game, of course.

Anyway, Helldivers 2, Stellar Blade (aka Korean NieR:Automata), Dragon's Dogma 2, and Rise of Ronin fondled my jollies. And, of course, Kojima and his fever dream. I got to be honest here, though; if I ever were to give any of these a try, I'll probably do so once they go on sale, so...

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!