Author Topic: May 2024 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased New  (Read 1489 times)

Re: May 2024 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased New
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2024, 11:32:14 am »
People say you can't find video games if you go out late, well I'm about to prove you wrong.

I was out for other reasons and it was about 1pm and I decided lets hunt for some random garage sales in the area.

Wii
First I find a Wii for $16. Here's what was in the tub.
- Nintendo Wii (black No GC player) with three Wii Remotes and a nunchuck. (all hookups)
- Wii Balance Board (not shown)
- Wii Sports was inside the console
- Wii Sports / Wii Resort combo pack.
- Just Dance 2
- Just Dance 4

I hit a sale and ask about games and the lady says her son had a bunch he doesn't use and goes to look.
She shows me a a Nintendo bag Sega Genesis with several games, a Xbox 360 with several games, a bunch of PS1 and PS2 games.
The 360 was an early model with HIGH chance of red ring of death, all the 360 and ps2 games were sports. There was about 15 PS1 games but all were
sports except a a few. I first ask what she wanted for all of it and she says $100. So I take the Genesis stuff and a few PS1 games and ask if she'd do $60
and she was fine with that. (always ask a price for everything then separate what you really want to get a better price.)
PS1
- Need for Speed Hot Pursuit III (missing back art)
- Star Wars The Phantom Menace
- Road Rash 3D
- A Gameshark for both PS1 & PS2 with card.
GENESIS
- Sega Genesis with two 3 button and 1 6 button controllers
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (not for resale sticker) (CIB)
- Zombies Ate My Neighbors (missing manual)
- Sonic & Knuckles (CIB)
- NBA Jam (CIB)
- NHL Hockey (CIB)
- College Football USA 96 (CIB)
- Pat Riley Basketball (CIB)
- World Cup USA 94 (CIB)
- RBI Baseball
- PGA Tour Golf
- ToeJam & Earl
- Michael Jackson's Moonwalker
- Boogerman
also a blue/red NES carrying case (I have three of these bags now) and a Playstation underground case,

And last I stop at a sale and talk to a man on his porch about video games, He says he has PS4 and Xbox, sure I'll look and see what you have.
His wife comes out while he looks and we get to talking about video games and about she was thinking of getting a Switch. Then she says I think we have an
old N64, would you be interested in that? Yes I said. Her husband comes out and shows much pretty much scrap PS4 and Xbox one games. Nothing worth
even making an offer for. She goes in and then returns with a N64 and several games. I ask what she wants for the N64 and games and she says $40 okay?
Here's what I got.
- Nintendo 64 (no expansion pack all hookups)
- 2 controllers (red and grey)
- 2 off brand Superpad controllers
- Rumble Pak
- Super Mario 64
- Mario Party
- Super Smash Bros.
- Star Fox 64
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Yoshi's Story

This proves you can still find good video game stuff on a Saturday late in the day.

Garage sales are maybe the only consistent way to find good deals like this anymore. Sure, there's still the very rare off chance a thift store puts something out or flea market seller doesn't know what the have, but like those places, my biggest issue is the amount of time you have to put into getting even a pickup half this good. I'm aware of the "always ask about games" policy when going to garage sales, but for every one sale that has their kids old N64 games and console still in their basement, you're striking out at 50 other sales with either nothing or a bunch of bargain bin XBOX 360 or Wii games. I'm not expecting someone to pull out a Panzer Dragoon Saga to make a garage sale worth it to me, but again, even something half as good as what you just posted. Just my 2-cents. I'm glad you scored some cool stuff in the wild. It's quite a rare sight these days.

sworddude

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2024, 04:46:17 am »

Garage sales are maybe the only consistent way to find good deals like this anymore. Sure, there's still the very rare off chance a thift store puts something out or flea market seller doesn't know what the have, but like those places, my biggest issue is the amount of time you have to put into getting even a pickup half this good. I'm aware of the "always ask about games" policy when going to garage sales, but for every one sale that has their kids old N64 games and console still in their basement, you're striking out at 50 other sales with either nothing or a bunch of bargain bin XBOX 360 or Wii games. I'm not expecting someone to pull out a Panzer Dragoon Saga to make a garage sale worth it to me, but again, even something half as good as what you just posted. Just my 2-cents. I'm glad you scored some cool stuff in the wild. It's quite a rare sight these days.

ye gotto see it like this, the hunt gotto be part of the hobby, if it's not and you don't enjoy doing it just do other things. cause in terms of money way better stuff out there to make or save some.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

telekill

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2024, 09:27:50 am »
With the lack of anything really grabbing my attention on the horizon, and the massive sale on PSN, I went ahead and grabbed Everreach - Project Eden (PS4). It had been on my list as the trailer makes it look like a C grade version of Mass Effect, and I figured I'd give it a shot as it was $2.50. I might get around to playing it after I complete God of War Ragnarok.

dhaabi

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2024, 08:16:37 pm »
I've started going to yard sales lately, but I've not had any luck. I'm just not in the right area for it, really. Even Goodwill has had exactly zero games the three times I've been this month.

PlayStation
Triple Play 2001

PlayStation 4
Signalis

PlayStation 5 Accessory
Sony DualSense Wireless Controller CFI-ZCT1W Midnight Black

Videos
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
Silent Hill