Author Topic: Summer Game Fest 2024 - June 7th 5pm EST  (Read 1216 times)

dhaabi

Re: Summer Game Fest 2024 - June 7th 5pm EST
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2024, 10:20:47 am »
These long-form showcases are seldom entertaining, so I instead opt to skim through YouTube channel uploads once the live event is over. I probably didn't watch every trailer, but I've got a general impression of what was shown. Overall, I would say the quality of the event is about equal to last week's PlayStation State of Play, just with more games being shown.

It's good to see that Alan Wake 2 is receiving a physical release. It's a little more costly than the average retail price, but it does come with the newly-announced DLC and a digital code for the first game, so it seems justified.

Similarly, the announced DLC for The Talos Principle 2 seems good. I know others who enjoy the series, so they'll be pleased. It's a shame a physical product for the game has already released, though, so I doubt the DLC will ever be printed on disc.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2024, 10:44:57 am by dhaabi »

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2024, 10:40:56 pm »
After hearing that there would be very few new reveals, i've opted just to get the highlights afterwards. So far, the only two games that really caught my eye is the new Power Rangers Beat Em Up as well as the Starship Troopers FPS. Funny enough, I'm not even that big of a Power Rangers guy and while I enjoyed the 1997 Starship Troopers movie, I was never into it nearly as much as most of my friends growing up. Other than that, it's been nice to see new trailers for stuff that was already announced a long time ago like the new Fatal Fury game. Hopefully there will be some good stuff announced tomorrow.

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2024, 03:13:32 pm »
Ubisoft during the pre-show showed off Just Dance VR with home lounge area as well as a new Monopoly game that looks pretty similar to the old one.

Star Wars Hunters seems to be the closest thing to a new Watch Dogs game (they just announced casting for a Watch Dogs movie though!) that Ubisoft will have for the foreseeable future and I like it for that reason.

Future of XDefiant looking strong. They forgot to change their mind on the PS4 cancellation though. Black Ops 6 is coming to PS4 so XDefiant should be there.

Crazy that the Sands of Time remake announced in 2020 for a January 2021 release is now dated for 2026. Granted, it completely restarted development May 2022 after the original team dropped the ball.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2024, 03:32:25 pm by weirdfeline »

ferraroso

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2024, 06:40:57 pm »
Gex trilogy release date incoming? https://www.gematsu.com/2024/06/lrg3-2024-limited-run-games-showcase-set-for-june-20

I’ll probably end up getting the Gex Trilogy too, but the release I’m really looking forward to is that remastered Rise of the Triad!
The download version has been available since last September and I’ve been waiting for the physical release for almost a year now! C’mon!

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2024, 02:42:25 pm »
Limited Run announces Gex for this fall, a Bubsy collection using the same trailer as last year's Gex reveal, Tomba 2 re-release announced, Fear Effect, Hitman and some more.