Author Topic: The VGC List o' Badges  (Read 32565 times)

scott

Re: The VGC List o' Badges
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2011, 10:32:07 am »
Only shows that I have the 250 edits badge and none of the lower.

The plan is to get the side bar to only show the most recent badges. to help keep things from getting cluttered. Then we are going to show the full set of badges you've earned on your stats page. Currently it's using the same code though, so it shows the same thing on both pages.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2011, 04:07:51 pm »
It looks like @brettybluevein is missing an edit badge too. I'll fix this later tonight.

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2011, 11:02:18 pm »
@matt could you look at updating my edits badge? 50 seems a bit low.

scott

« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2011, 11:04:23 pm »
@matt could you look at updating my edits badge? 50 seems a bit low.

Ya, you should have the 100 edits badge. You've not reached the 250 edits threshold yet.

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2011, 02:49:26 pm »
Reminds me of NintendoAge's great awards idea. =) I like 'em. Can we suggest some?

matt

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2011, 04:22:41 pm »
Reminds me of NintendoAge's great awards idea. =) I like 'em. Can we suggest some?

Definitely. I always love suggestions. We do have a bunch already lined up that will be launching soon.

scott

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2011, 10:56:05 pm »
Updated the Collection badges, they now go up to 5000, though we still need to implement the code to go higher than 1000. Also, I've made additional new badges for Edits, allowing for up to 5000, they aren't uploaded to the site yet.  

@nightowljrm I'm all for suggestions, what were you thinking?

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2011, 11:49:45 pm »

Definitely. I always love suggestions. We do have a bunch already lined up that will be launching soon.

How about some badges that have to do with the games we have in our collection? Like RPG maniac, Expert Shooter (for FPS), or something more complex like "old school gamer" if we have a number of games released before set date.  

scott

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2011, 12:05:28 am »
Ooooh You know, I don't think that even crossed my mind.

desocietas

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2011, 12:06:34 am »
How about some badges that have to do with the games we have in our collection? Like RPG maniac, Expert Shooter (for FPS), or something more complex like "old school gamer" if we have a number of games released before set date.

Heh, I like this idea.  For me, it doesn't even have to be badges... could even be just a profile title we earn through some secret behind-the-scenes formula based on our collection.  If it were badges, I could see how that'd be interesting, as some people would get multiple badge combinations.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2011, 12:16:29 am »
Also, for that to work, we'd have to make sure that our stat's page is finished and working properly. Currently, I think most of the info is incorrect. Plus, I'm not sure if you've all noticed, but some things like the developer and publish lists are mucked up.... there are currently well over 20 "Sonic Team"s listed in the developer list... I have no idea why.

« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2011, 01:39:22 am »
Also, for that to work, we'd have to make sure that our stat's page is finished and working properly. Currently, I think most of the info is incorrect. Plus, I'm not sure if you've all noticed, but some things like the developer and publish lists are mucked up.... there are currently well over 20 "Sonic Team"s listed in the developer list... I have no idea why.

About the elopers/publishers list, I noticed that once I began adding the games I have. At the end of the day, it's true - Nintendo, SE, and other companies have different and (sometimes) numerous teams, but I think the list should only have the main name (like Nintendo, Capcom, etc..)

The only solution I can think of is a manual clean-up of the current ones, and at the same time block normal users the ability to add a new developers/publishers. We could create a thread to add/edit/delete elopers/publishers that are (or not) in the list.

(^ sorry, offtopic! ^)

madmax

« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2011, 01:51:47 am »

Genus, I had never thought of that either 0.o

scott

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2011, 11:16:14 am »
@kaizlu For going off topic, you will get 30 lashes!

Fixing the dev/pub lists is totally going to be a manual fix. The biggest thing is merging all of the dupes together so we don't have to edit all of the game entries manually, that would be a pain.

As far as merging them all into one name, we are going for being as accurate as possible. Most publishers only have one or two names, mostly pertaining to region, like Sony has SCEI, SCEA, SCEE and SCE Australia. The devs is where it gets kinda crazy, but in favor of accuracy, we'd need each dev team listed, like Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo,  Konami Computer Entertainment Nagoya,  Konami Computer Entertainment Japan, Konami JPN ltd, etc, etc. But then there are one offs too, Bungie, Sonic Team, Naughty Dog, Insomniac Games, etc.

- back on topic -

I like the idea of "personailzed" badges. Currently, since all that is active are item counts and edit counts everyone has the same thing. But it would be super cool to have something based on the stats page, such as most owned genres. I'd think Matt would need to find a way to make it based off of a percent rather than purely number based though. Because if it was based on numbers, rather than percentage, we'd have to come up with a fair threshold for everyone.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2011, 08:48:37 pm »
Lame. It looks like the 1 and 50 badges are both bugged....

I hit 50 a little earlier today and the badge popped right up. Still missing the badge for 1.

Edit: I just went over 800 items, nothing happened. The 700 badge issued just fine when I hit that earlier, though.