Author Topic: E3 2012 Hype Thread!  (Read 7525 times)

jobocan

Re: E3 2012 Hype Thread!
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2012, 10:48:11 pm »
Well dang, I did NOT expect Sony to fail so badly at E3 this year.

The only announcements for Vita were Sony Smash (which looks surprisingly lame), AC3: L and Call of Duty's release date... They needed to save the Vita and they just didn't do that. Oh, not to forget we already knew about all that other than CoD's release date.

Even for PS3, all they announced was that crappy book thing. Yeah the tech seems to work well but... who's gonna buy that? It's gonna fail even worse than Move. Oh, and that crappy movie that I already forgot the title for since it seems so crappy. They announced nothing, it's just terrible.

And yet they did better than Microsoft :P

soera

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 12:05:21 am »
AC3? The only thing that comes to mind when you say AC is Asheron's call but thats cause of my wasted years on mmos.

As of the past few years I havent given much a damn about anything new other than God of War ... so the flops from most of the big names dont shock me. But ... that being said, Im actually excited about the thought of the Wii U. I went as far as spending the whole day rearranging my living room to make it more accessible to more interactive games that will be played on it. When I first heard of the "controller with an ipad in the middle" I rolled my eyes. But now that I watched that video and seen a bit more of what the game system/controller is like, I really want it. I just hope the price is right. Regardless, I probably will not buy the first release. I havent bought the first release of a system ever.

amauriel

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 02:36:29 am »
I still have high hopes for tomorrow (well, in my time zone, I guess it's later today at this point). Nintendo's official conference is in the morning, and Activision is supposed to have some Skylanders: Giants news, and then if I'm understanding it right, there will be a separate conference for just the 3DS in the evening. That gets my hopes up...
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

jobocan

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2012, 07:44:35 am »
I still have high hopes for tomorrow (well, in my time zone, I guess it's later today at this point). Nintendo's official conference is in the morning, and Activision is supposed to have some Skylanders: Giants news, and then if I'm understanding it right, there will be a separate conference for just the 3DS in the evening. That gets my hopes up...

I think it's a Wii U-centered conference today (probably with a quick mention of 3DS or two), and tomorrow evening there's gonna be a 3DS-centered software showcase. The fact that they're basically splitting their presentation into 2 separate things tells me that they probably have a LOT to show.

I have high hopes for Nintendo's presentations, but, then again, I had high hopes for Sony's, so I'm being just a tad more skeptical than I was before Sony's conference :P

AC3? The only thing that comes to mind when you say AC is Asheron's call but thats cause of my wasted years on mmos.

Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation. It was known about already before Sony's presentation, so all they actually showed was the white Vita you can get it bundled with.

jcalder8

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2012, 09:34:11 am »
I haven't been able to watch the Sony presentation but from what I read it sounds about as impressive as MS's, I guess it's all up to Nintendo now.....

psydswipe

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2012, 09:38:44 am »
I'm also surprised there wasn't more time spent on Vita. Move wasn't even a big topic. They primarily showed lots of footage of games we already knew about. Funny Quantic Dream's game Beyond stars Ellen Page since many thought of her when they saw the girl in The Last of Us. Beyond showed quite a bit of action too though I'm guessing it's more of an adventure game like Heavy Rain. Turns out the Splinter Cell game Microsoft showed is for PS3 as well.

Ubisoft came through with the surprise of the show thus far. Watch Dogs looks like it could be something big with gameplay in an open world Chicago and some similarities to a world found in Deus Ex. Although it's been in development for two years they didn't provide any kind of release window so it's likely a Q4 2013 game or later.

Electronic Arts' press conference was the most boring I'd say. They should have spent more time on SimCity and less on the sports games.

soera

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2012, 10:35:42 am »
Electronic Arts' press conference was the most boring I'd say. They should have spent more time on SimCity and less on the sports games.

They should spend NO time on sports games and instead they should announce that sports games are worthless and that releasing a new one every year with the most minute changes and having idiots spend another $60 a year is a fluke.

blipcs76

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2012, 01:28:58 pm »
I'm severely disappointed with the WiiU presentation.  Nintendo had next to nothing to show and other than Zombi U, I was completely underwhelmed.  The NintendoLand finale was just terrible.

jobocan

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2012, 01:37:53 pm »
Wow, even Nintendo was disappointing.

At least they showed Pikmin 3 and New Super Mario Bros U and gave a vague release period for Luigi's Mansion and Paper Mario...
But really? They thought their big coup with the Wii U would be Nintendo Land? Are they crazy? They HAVE to have more stuff to show if the Wii U is really coming out this year (which they didn't really mention specifically)...

Hopefully their Software Showcase tomorrow will have... something... because they seemed to have gone on stage today with very little to show.

And yet they still had the best presentation this year (people keep saying Ubisoft did, but all they showed that was new was Watch Dogs, which looks insanely boring (they showed a ~10 minute gameplay demo of a guy doing nothing for most of those ~10 minutes)).

I hope they have something more substancial at TGS.

jcalder8

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2012, 02:44:10 pm »
For me Nintendo's was the weakest presentation. I already own a PS3 and there were a couple games I would buy, I already own a 360 and there are a couple games I would buy for that but I don't own a Wii-U and the whole time I was watching their show I keep thinking to myself that my Wii could do this. There seemed to be no reason to have to own a Wii-U.

I just didn't see any reason to buy it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2012, 02:58:11 pm »

They should spend NO time on sports games and instead they should announce that sports games are worthless and that releasing a new one every year with the most minute changes and having idiots spend another $60 a year is a fluke.

HEAR! HEAR!

Unfortunately, they're probably not going away/disappearing anytime soon since it's probably one of their more-profitable "flukes", and seeing how the masses keep shelling-out for 'em...Meh...they can have them :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

blipcs76

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2012, 03:29:32 pm »
If Nintendo doesn't show off any must-have games at the software showcase tomorrow, they will have just saved me $300+ this holiday season.  Minimal franchise rehashes, minigame collections and ports of 1 year old Xbox360/PS3 games is not the way to get people excited for your new system.  No release date, no price, and nothing that showed off the new hardware from a graphical standpoint.  Ugh.

Even if they have some great games left to show, what were they thinking devoting so much time of their conference to stuff like the NintendoLand Pac-Man vs. ripoff and Sing?  Take a look at Nintendo's Wii U Facebook page to see how disappointed and upset their fans are: https://www.facebook.com/WiiU.

Again, I'm not ready to write off the Wii U anytime soon, but this is an extremely discouraging start.  I bought both the Gamecube and Wii on day 1.  I may not be standing in line for the Wii U later this year.

jobocan

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2012, 03:39:07 pm »
It's crazy though how disappointed the fans are. If you look at Sony's conference, yeah it wasn't good, but there were still people going crazy fanboy over it, but with Nintendo it seems there's no such people around.

madmax

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2012, 05:31:13 pm »
So far watch dogs is the highlight of the show. Ubisoft montreal very rarely disappoint.  Im really hoping that the gameplay, graphics and Ai stay the same. Especially for the pc version.

soera

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2012, 05:36:41 pm »
Its looks like a dark version of GTA. :(