Author Topic: Humble Bundle: Amnesia, LIMBO, Psychonauts, Superbrothers, Bastion + soundtracks  (Read 2620 times)

desocietas

Woo, people are really excited about this one!  Great collection of games if you don't have them already:

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
LIMBO
Psychonauts
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

and, for customers who pay more than the average price, the exquisitely crafted action-RPG, Bastion.
+ the soundtracks!

And to top it off, helps to support some great charities that I'm sure touch close to all gamers/techies: Child's Play and EFF.

Heck, I might rebuy all those games again (have everything except for Amnesia) just for the soundtracks...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 02:58:40 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

I've got Psychonauts for the PS(2) (...as a matter of fact, it's funny in a way because that's the game that I was getting ready to add next :)

...*BUT*...

Not owning a 360 - I've missed-out on Bastion, which, by the way, I've heard nothing but praise for both the game itself & its OST (in particular, some song about "Building" or "Build That Bridge"...or something like that :P
which is one of the few songs that I've heard from the game & l  really liked the way the song sounded!

The 2 (most recent) 360-exclusives that I've actually *really* wanted to play would probably be Bastion and FEZ...

...so...if you've played them...(please) just lie to me & tell me how horrible they were so I don't go and do something stupid like 'impulse-buying' a 360 just to play a few games  :-X
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

Oooh awesome. I'll take some of that, I already have Limbo on xbla, but none of the others. Plus, I love soundtracks
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

amauriel

I've got all of them except for Sword & Sorcery, but I'm still tempted to rebuy them. Problem is, I've got a lot of indie games in my backlog.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

desocietas

I've got Psychonauts for the PS(2) (...as a matter of fact, it's funny in a way because that's the game that I was getting ready to add next :)

...*BUT*...

Not owning a 360 - I've missed-out on Bastion, which, by the way, I've heard nothing but praise for both the game itself & its OST (in particular, some song about "Building" or "Build That Bridge"...or something like that :P
which is one of the few songs that I've heard from the game & l  really liked the way the song sounded!

The 2 (most recent) 360-exclusives that I've actually *really* wanted to play would probably be Bastion and FEZ...

...so...if you've played them...(please) just lie to me & tell me how horrible they were so I don't go and do something stupid like 'impulse-buying' a 360 just to play a few games  :-X

Ha, no need to buy a 360 to play these games though... Mac/Windows/Linux compatible, so if your computer can handle it, you don't need to buy yourself another console just to play Bastion.

Bastion's definitely a fun one, but don't go impulse buying for it (like I did for Catherine... got a 360 *and* an HDTV for that one :P).
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

...*BUT*...

~ I dig my hole, you build a wall. Some day that wall is gonna fall. ~

Since nobody seems to want to answer me, does Psychonauts include both soundtrack albums or not? There's a Soundtrack and there's a Score for that one.

The only game from the set I don't own is Superbrothers. I'll hold off on buying this until later. :\

desocietas

Since nobody seems to want to answer me, does Psychonauts include both soundtrack albums or not? There's a Soundtrack and there's a Score for that one.

The only game from the set I don't own is Superbrothers. I'll hold off on buying this until later. :\

Good question.  The boyf bought the bundle so I'll check his download page to see what soundtracks they're offering for Psychonauts.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

This is the best bundle yet! I just bought it, thanks for the heads up!

scott

Just bought mine! Downloading as I type this.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

I've got all of them except for Sword & Sorcery, but I'm still tempted to rebuy them. Problem is, I've got a lot of indie games in my backlog.
My thoughts exactly.  I'd give the other games out as gifts, but I'm far too cheap/hate everyone.  xD

I'm actually pretty excited about this bundle, though.  The past couple indie bundles I ran into were kind of... lame, so I'm glad that there's a nice selection this time.  And Bastion's a super awesome game that everyone should play.  ;)
Now Playing: Final Fantasy V Advance, Mega Man Battle Network, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

amauriel

I've gotta share this. The VGO (Video Game Orchestra) did this song live at PAX East this year. Although I'd love to find a better version of it, I've still got to share. It's especially awesome after 3:30 in.

"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

It's especially awesome after 3:30 in.

...of course it is...

Everything's better w/ guitar 8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

Oh crap, they added MORE GAMES:

https://twitter.com/humble/status/210778662042214401
I just got an email about this and the awesomeness level of the bundle went through the roof!

foxhack

I've gotta share this. The VGO (Video Game Orchestra) did this song live at PAX East this year. Although I'd love to find a better version of it, I've still got to share. It's especially awesome after 3:30 in.

I never thought it would be possible to ruin that song. Ugh.