Author Topic: June 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 27142 times)

Re: June 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2012, 08:58:30 pm »
@hexen that's an awesome price, I sold one about 6 months ago for $140

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #151 on: June 23, 2012, 09:34:48 am »
@hexen that's an awesome price, I sold one about 6 months ago for $140

Yes.

That *is* a good price :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

jobocan

« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2012, 11:14:32 am »
It's been a while, but I bought stuff today!

I tried a new-ish flea market that had nothing... I ended up picking up an original Xbox, boxed, with 4 games, 3 of which were madden (ugh).... just to not leave with nothing.

I tried another new flea market... and there was nothing there... literally, it was an empty parking space.

So I went to my "go to" reseller and picked up a few things. Ardy Lightfoot on SNES, Windjammers on the MVS (that's one off my wishlist :D), Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball 2 (got it for the physics engine...) and some guys in a podcast I listen to have been really propping up Sniper Elite V2 so I picked it up too (for less than half the price it usually goes for.... crazy since it's a NEW game).

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2012, 11:28:21 am »
I hit quite a few garage sales/flea-markets yesterday...but, unfortunately, pretty much came out empty-handed as far as any "good" game buys went :(

I *did* encounter several 'games' that I was totally unfamiliar with - they came in CD cases (same size & shape as single-disc PS1 games)...but...they *WEREN'T* PS1 games.

They were simply labeled as "CD ROM" games.

I guess that this would just make them older PC games then; right?

If so, are any of these rare, sought-after, collectible, or worth anything???

While I had no gaming-love this weekend - I *DID* find & buy this *Super* COOL Collector's-Edition of Walt Disney's *FANTASIA* for $5  ;)

scott

« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2012, 12:29:57 pm »
My copy of 3D Dot Game Heroes came in the mail on Friday! I haven't loaded it up yet though, since I had to move most of my stuff to my folks for the next 2 weeks thanks to dog watching duty.

Also, thanks to Soera, I now own Dragon Warrior VII. I asked him to keep an eye out for it, in case he saw any deals. And he found one Vintage Stock was selling at the OVGE show last weekend. Picked it up for me and mailed it out and everything looks like it's in great shape! The best part of the deal is it was $20-25 less than anything I had seen on Amazon or eBay for a CiB copy.

And finally, I ordered up the 4 NECA Castlevania action figures from Amazon yesterday as a little bday present to myself. Amazon was selling them themselves, rather than a seller and because it was from Amazon I was able to snag free 2 day shipping via a Amazon Prime free trail. (woot woot)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2012, 12:41:35 pm »
After forgetting to pre-order a copy of Pokemon Conquest, and after calling a bunch of local stores (only to be repeatedly told that *NOBODY* (that didn't pre-order it) would be finding/getting any copies of it anywhere)...

...I happened to be doing some running around - and I found myself near a Best Buy.
Now, where I live, Best Buy is the last place you'd *ever* expect to luck-out/find a game at.

Walked in, after looking around for a few minutes, I had to wipe my eyes (to make sure I wasn't seeing things :)
...then, I realized that I was indeed looking at the *ONE* copy of the game that they had  ;D

I paid for it and walked out of the door w/ a big smile on my face  ;)

Now, w/ my overwhelming backlog...actually getting around to/finding the time to play it will be another thing entirely!

scott

« Reply #156 on: June 24, 2012, 12:47:27 pm »
Looks like you did end up with some gaming love this weekend.  ;D
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2012, 12:53:10 pm »
Looks like you did end up with some gaming love this weekend.  ;D

...more like a "Gaming-hug" than any *real* "gamin' love"  >:(

amauriel

« Reply #158 on: June 24, 2012, 07:36:46 pm »
After forgetting to pre-order a copy of Pokemon Conquest, and after calling a bunch of local stores (only to be repeatedly told that *NOBODY* (that didn't pre-order it) would be finding/getting any copies of it anywhere)...

...I happened to be doing some running around - and I found myself near a Best Buy.
Now, where I live, Best Buy is the last place you'd *ever* expect to luck-out/find a game at.

Walked in, after looking around for a few minutes, I had to wipe my eyes (to make sure I wasn't seeing things :)
...then, I realized that I was indeed looking at the *ONE* copy of the game that they had  ;D

I paid for it and walked out of the door w/ a big smile on my face  ;)

Now, w/ my overwhelming backlog...actually getting around to/finding the time to play it will be another thing entirely!

That's crazy, actually. I walked in to Wal-Mart on Tuesday and walked out with it for $30. Then they had it at Target and at Best Buy at the same shopping area. This was in a really posh area of Columbus that usually sells out of things if anyone does.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

foxhack

« Reply #159 on: June 24, 2012, 07:41:11 pm »
Bought Alan Wake Collector's Edition (Steam) for $5.60 after 66% off and credit.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #160 on: June 25, 2012, 09:34:29 am »

That's crazy, actually. I walked in to Wal-Mart on Tuesday and walked out with it for $30. Then they had it at Target and at Best Buy at the same shopping area. This was in a really posh area of Columbus that usually sells out of things if anyone does.

Heh - sounds like we both were in the "gaming-twilight zones" of our respective areas  :o

Did the places that had the game have many copies of it?

amauriel

« Reply #161 on: June 25, 2012, 10:50:49 am »
The Wal-Mart had probably 15 copies on the shelf. I didn't look behind the display game at Target, so I can't say for sure. And Best Buy probably had 5-6 on the end cap where I saw it, but they usually tuck more in alphabetically too and I didn't look there. So a decent number of them everywhere.

I've seen it in our local Meijer and Wal-Mart since then too, but the town I live in doesn't have a lot of gamers. I can usually get things for days after everyone else says they're sold out.

desocietas

« Reply #162 on: June 25, 2012, 03:13:03 pm »
Is it true that there were pre-order passwords to unlocking certain characters?  http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/30294 claims they are universal, which means if any of you preordered... and got the passwords... you could pass them to us at some point ;)

UPDATE: Oh, I should've done a bit more Googling.  Here ya go: http://www.serebii.net/conquest/passwords.shtml
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

amauriel

« Reply #163 on: June 25, 2012, 03:28:58 pm »
Is it true that there were pre-order passwords to unlocking certain characters?  http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/30294 claims they are universal, which means if any of you preordered... and got the passwords... you could pass them to us at some point ;)

UPDATE: Oh, I should've done a bit more Googling.  Here ya go: http://www.serebii.net/conquest/passwords.shtml

Yeah, I got that list pretty quickly. You do have to get through so many kingdoms before they'll work and supposedly they'll only appear for one month, and the code is one time use. Point is, don't put all the codes in at once, put one in for each game month or you'll miss cool stuff.

And with most of these, you still will have characters in your party that will have these Pokemon, whether or not you have the code. It's just linking with the wild Pokemon so that YOU can have them in YOUR party. (For example, I've got people under me that have Panpour, Pansage, and Pansear already.)

jcalder8

« Reply #164 on: June 26, 2012, 09:41:09 pm »
Picked up a broken Light blue DS light. It looks like it could just be the fuse so I am going to try a fix that I found online, if I mess it up it only cost me $3.

Also picked up a Game & Watch game, Oil Panic. I think I did ok for a buck :D