Author Topic: June 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 27012 times)

arcaneknight

Re: June 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2012, 03:17:34 pm »
Just picked up Mana Khemia Student Alliance, I know it has load time issues but I don't mind. They aren't really that bad on my psp 3000 with the jump start on. I was dying for a psp game to play and Growlanser is still a month from release so $2.99 for a game I already like and can carry around and play sounded good to me.

jcalder8

« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2012, 12:04:24 am »
I picked up a few more things from Zellers close out sale:
These were a dollar each:

The posters were .50 each:

Sorry soera but DQ will be staying with me :D

These two are interesting because head office had priced them at $10 each but the guy in charge of selling the fixtures felt they were overpriced so he sold them to us for $2 each

Now I just need to try and clean them. I'm afraid to try goo gone because I don't know what they are made of.

« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2012, 04:46:29 am »
That's awesome... I'd start with something simple like windex and slowly move up from there.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2012, 09:41:22 am »
Just picked up Mana Khemia Student Alliance, I know it has load time issues but I don't mind. They aren't really that bad on my psp 3000 with the jump start on. I was dying for a psp game to play and Growlanser is still a month from release so $2.99 for a game I already like and can carry around and play sounded good to me.

Did you also play Phantom Brave on the PSP?

If you haven't played Yggdra Union on it, it's pretty damned cheap right now.

Also, Gungnir is now out, and (like you), I've pre-ordered and I'm waiting for/looking forward to Growlanser PSP!

Oh yeah, I just picked Gungnir up yesterday & it has a pretty sweet, reversible cover on it :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

forte

« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2012, 10:02:10 am »
@turf  I don't know why but I freaking LOVE Megaman Soccer, I actually played recently too with a friend.
I am hoping to find a copy soon, I remember renting it growing up and I have had an itch to play it again. I was actually surprised that it wasn't selling for more on Ebay.
I've got a CIB copy for sale you know ;)

arcaneknight

« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2012, 02:14:27 pm »

Did you also play Phantom Brave on the PSP?

If you haven't played Yggdra Union on it, it's pretty damned cheap right now.

Also, Gungnir is now out, and (like you), I've pre-ordered and I'm waiting for/looking forward to Growlanser PSP!

Oh yeah, I just picked Gungnir up yesterday & it has a pretty sweet, reversible cover on it :)
I haven't played Phantom Brave. My friend has it and I thought about borrowing it from her but I have such a huge backlog I should be playing my own games. xD Not sure about Yggdra Union but the other game connected to it, Riviera? I liked that one so I may get it for psp eventually; I think its pretty cheap too now. Sadly my first strategy game was FF Tactics back in the day, and I hated it (I think it loathed me as much as I did it), so I'm leery when it comes to new SRPGs. I'll have to take a serious look at Gungir and see if its something I would be interested in. Thank you for the suggestions. :3

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2012, 04:26:51 pm »
No Problem  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2012, 04:35:11 pm »
Walked into one of the local used game shops on a whim and they had a copy of SaGA Frontier II, CIB and in great condition for like 15. I also replaced Medal of Honor: Frontline today for $2 CIB, bringing me one step closer to having all my traded off PS2 games back.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2012, 07:26:25 pm »
I was in Seattle for 2 weeks, just got back home on the 11th, and I absolutely wreaked havoc upon the Sega CD/Sega Saturn market up there. Hit 7 different fantastic retro gaming stores and wound up with 21 new Saturn, and 11 new Sega CD games. These are some of my favorites.

I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

scott

« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2012, 07:48:26 pm »
I was in Seattle for 2 weeks, just got back home on the 11th, and I absolutely wreaked havoc upon the Sega CD/Sega Saturn market up there. Hit 7 different fantastic retro gaming stores and wound up with 21 new Saturn, and 11 new Sega CD games. These are some of my favorites.

Jealousy!

soera

« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2012, 11:26:50 pm »
Sorry soera but DQ will be staying with me :D

NOOOOO!!!!!! Mine!!!

desocietas

« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2012, 11:46:05 pm »
Walked into one of the local used game shops on a whim and they had a copy of SaGA Frontier II, CIB and in great condition for like 15. I also replaced Medal of Honor: Frontline today for $2 CIB, bringing me one step closer to having all my traded off PS2 games back.

Nice on SaGa Frontier II!  I think I lucked out with an eBay copy around $18, but you know how there's always the anxiety of what you'll actually get when the mail arrives...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2012, 11:57:33 pm »
Thanks, I actually debated on if I wanted to get it or not, but ended up taking it. I remember reading about it when it first came out and thinking the hand drawn art was amazing. I think I'll put some time in with it over the next week, since the GF will be gone on a family trip. (Yay unrestrained gaming time!)

Also, that Dragon Quest poster is dead sexy!

desocietas

« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2012, 02:59:56 am »
Thanks, I actually debated on if I wanted to get it or not, but ended up taking it. I remember reading about it when it first came out and thinking the hand drawn art was amazing. I think I'll put some time in with it over the next week, since the GF will be gone on a family trip. (Yay unrestrained gaming time!)

Also, that Dragon Quest poster is dead sexy!

It was one of my favorite RPGs when I first started playing them, and the art is great.  The different story/timelines were new and intriguing to me as well and something that came back as a flashback when I played Radiant Historia.  I hope you like it too!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

urbanchaos

« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2012, 10:20:20 am »
Here are my lastest addition to my collection:
- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES)
- Super Ghosts N' Ghouls (SNES)
- Wayne's World (SNES, CIB)
- Star Trek: Starfleet Academy (SNES, CIB)
- Speedy Gonzales: Los Gatos Bandidos (SNES)
- Secret of Mana (SNES)
- Super Mario Kart (SNES)
- Yoshi Island (SNES)
- Jurassic Park (SNES)
- Indiana Jones: Greatest Adventures (SNES)
- SimCity 2000 (SNES)
- Little Mermaid (NES)
- Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition (Genesis, CIB)
- McDonalds: Treasure Land Adventure (Genesis)
- World Championships Baseball (Genesis)