Author Topic: June 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 27139 times)

desocietas

Re: June 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2012, 04:18:00 pm »
I'm very tempted to get Skyrim since it's the same price as the regular edition but with more stuff, but I'm guessing I should go for the PC version (considering that my computer can run Diablo III, I assume it can run Skyrim).

Check you local gamestores as I just picked up the collectors edition of Skyrim yesterday for $60 for the pc at Gamestop.

Closest shop that has it is 5 miles away (and I don't have a car!)... but dangit I see it's right next to a subway station.  Looks like I'll have to take a little detour after I get off of work...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

« Reply #121 on: June 20, 2012, 09:35:33 pm »
Newegg ships to Canada now, don't they?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874122020

I just tried (though with another product), doesn't seem like it. There is a Canadian Newegg, but they don't have the deals that the US newegg has.
If they shipped to Canada for free I would be all over it but the cost of actually getting it up here would ruin the savings.

desocietas

« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2012, 11:22:24 pm »
Ok, so how come no one told me that I should've found someone who had a car to go with me to get this behemoth??

The most difficult part was figuring out how to get it home without getting robbed.  None of the bags at the store would fit it, so the only thing we could think of was to take off the slip cover and carry that in a bag (which also wasn't big enough).  If I'd known, I would've brought a black garbage bag or something...   :-[

When the assistant went to get the game, I thought maybe they were hiding them behind the cardboard display cubes.  Little did I know that the cubes WERE THE GAMES.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2012, 11:43:45 pm »
When the assistant went to get the game, I thought maybe they were hiding them behind the cardboard display cubes.  Little did I know that the cubes WERE THE GAMES.

LOL. Ya, they are huge boxes. I can't wait for my copy of Borderland 2 to get here. I want to see how massive that loot chest is!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2012, 11:57:36 pm »

LOL. Ya, they are huge boxes. I can't wait for my copy of Borderland 2 to get here. I want to see how massive that loot chest is!

That reminds me... maybe I should preorder Borderlands so I can get the mechromancer.  Too many gaaaaamesss

Oh, but Scott, maybe you or someone else can help me figure this out: is the map that was included in the Collector's edition of Skyrim the same map that was given with pre-orders?  The internet's not making it very clear.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2012, 11:57:52 pm »

Doesn't seem that massive, but a dog does fit in it :P
I can't wait to get it either.

scott

« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2012, 12:01:04 am »
Oh, but Scott, maybe you or someone else can help me figure this out: is the map that was included in the Collector's edition of Skyrim the same map that was given with pre-orders?  The internet's not making it very clear.

I was under the impression that the map that came with preorders was cloth. But, when I got mine if was stiff like paper and folded up in the box. It just looks like fancy textured paper to me. Is the one in that box actually fabric?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2012, 12:05:18 am »

I was under the impression that the map that came with preorders was cloth. But, when I got mine if was stiff like paper and folded up in the box. It just looks like fancy textured paper to me. Is the one in that box actually fabric?

I think the one in the CE is also fancy textured paper as far as I can see online (I haven't actually unboxed mine yet).  This leads me to believe they're the same map, then.  Sucks that they're not cloth!  I think a lot of people preordered because they thought it was going to be cloth and/or nicer than the CE map.

Doesn't seem that massive, but a dog does fit in it :P
I can't wait to get it either.

So cute!  I kinda want all that loot to go with the lil' claptrap, but now with this Skyrim CE, I *definitely* am lacking space for swag like that.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

amauriel

« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2012, 12:08:29 am »

Ronalopolis said as we were leaving the store that the only time he's ever gotten a bigger game box was with Steel Battalion. And ours was in a big outdoor mall, so we had to lug it all the way back to the parking garage in this insane heat. It says $99, but I hope you were able to get it for the $60 we did.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

desocietas

« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2012, 12:21:34 am »
Ronalopolis said as we were leaving the store that the only time he's ever gotten a bigger game box was with Steel Battalion. And ours was in a big outdoor mall, so we had to lug it all the way back to the parking garage in this insane heat. It says $99, but I hope you were able to get it for the $60 we did.

Yup, $60, and apparently it was the only PC copy left within like 100 miles of me!

And the stickers came off super easy, yay.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2012, 12:35:24 am »
I picked up a boxed and what seems to be complete copy of Wing Commander IV. I have never tried any of the Wing Commander games so maybe this will force me to check one of them out -$2

Also picked up another Nintendogs game for the DS - $2

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2012, 09:43:30 am »
Ok, so how come no one told me that I should've found someone who had a car to go with me to get this behemoth??

Ha!

Bet you never go to pick up another "boxed" LE again w/o checking its dimensions  :'(

Also, when I pre-ordered my 2 LE's of this...Amazon shipped them to me in ONE box...imagine the size of this box...NOW!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2012, 01:29:40 pm »
Also, when I pre-ordered my 2 LE's of this...Amazon shipped them to me in ONE box...imagine the size of this box...NOW!
:o
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

htimreimer

« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2012, 02:12:06 pm »

Ha!

Bet you never go to pick up another "boxed" LE again w/o checking its dimensions  :'(

that's gonna be one hell big box :o

« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2012, 08:24:31 pm »
Got these beauties at a yard sale recently (albeit the 3DS, I got that with money I sold my Xbox with)
http://imgur.com/a/2UZi8