Author Topic: June 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 27006 times)

jobocan

Re: June 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2012, 11:03:59 pm »
OOOH a mystery cart! What is it?
And the speedboard... is it... something useful? Never tried one myself but they just seem weird.

soera

« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2012, 11:29:32 pm »
OOOH a mystery cart! What is it?
And the speedboard... is it... something useful? Never tried one myself but they just seem weird.

I was curious about the mystery cart too! And I second the "wtf is the speedboard?"

« Reply #137 on: June 21, 2012, 11:33:59 pm »
Whoops, should have mentioned that the mystery cart turned out to be Super Mario Bros., bummer.

And the Speedboard can be seen in this AVGN video:

« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2012, 01:07:46 am »
Pretty funny when he kills the duck with the "F" word... that guy is mostly annoying but he makes me laugh once in a while.

urbanchaos

« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2012, 01:18:55 am »
Just won this badboy on eBay, can't wait to receive it:
- Wanpaku Graffiti (aka Splatterhouse) (Famicom)

amauriel

« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2012, 03:21:08 am »
The big red letters there say "Splatterhouse" and then the little part in the banner is where it says "Wanpaku Graffiti". Do you know which one it was actually known by in Japan? I'm honestly guessing that there was another Splatterhouse game (maybe not for Famicom?) before this one, hence the subtitle. I don't know anything about Splatterhouse, so this is just guessing.

(Scott and Soera's translation project has me over-analyzing all the Japanese I see lately, ha!)
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2012, 10:14:55 am »

(Scott and Soera's translation project has me over-analyzing all the Japanese I see lately, ha!)

Were you able to follow/understand everything in the Innocent Sin guide, or haven't you really read through much of it yet?

Also, cool dust-cover & bookmarks; no?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #142 on: June 22, 2012, 11:33:19 am »

lol.

Excellent. *taps fingertips together*
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #143 on: June 22, 2012, 12:01:18 pm »
Whoops, should have mentioned that the mystery cart turned out to be Super Mario Bros., bummer.

And the Speedboard can be seen in this AVGN video:

Ah, sucks that the mystery cart was the most common game ever. Aww well, still fun to pick those up and hope for the best :P

Yeah, I know about the AVGN video, I was wondering about your thoughts on it :P

urbanchaos

« Reply #144 on: June 22, 2012, 12:34:53 pm »
The big red letters there say "Splatterhouse" and then the little part in the banner is where it says "Wanpaku Graffiti". Do you know which one it was actually known by in Japan? I'm honestly guessing that there was another Splatterhouse game (maybe not for Famicom?) before this one, hence the subtitle. I don't know anything about Splatterhouse, so this is just guessing.

It is actually the second game in the Splatterhouse serie, thus the big red letter saying Splatterhouse, and the smaller ones saying Wanpaku Graffiti, which is actually the subtitle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splatterhouse:_Wanpaku_Graffiti

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #145 on: June 22, 2012, 12:49:36 pm »

When the assistant went to get the game, I thought maybe they were hiding them behind the cardboard display cubes.  Little did I know that the cubes WERE THE GAMES.

That *IS* funny  ;D

...In a "Not laughing *AT* you but laughing *WITH* you kind of way" :P

Actually, for some reason, the whole thing with "it's *NOT* behind the cube...OMG...It *IS* the cube" thing brings to mind an (admittedly, somewhat old & vague) funny memory/story from when I was 8 or 9 years old...and my mother & father had brought me & Melissa (my little sister/14 months younger than me) to Disney World in Orlando, Forida for a week or two vacation...

We were all on the beach and this beach had these huge & Gigantic rocks scattered all over it.

Me & my sister were in the water, and my mother decided to get my dad to pose while he was standing on top of the *biggest* rock of the bunch...

So, my sister and I had just come in from the water and gathered around our mother.
My mother was doing (*one of those things that she *Really* excels at*)..."Directing" my father about how he should be going about finding & striking the *Optimal* pose...*AND*...my dad was doing one of those things that *HE* excelled at (getting *very* tired and *very* quickly annoyed, fed-up, and aggravated) by my mom's "directing" (read: "micro-managing)...

When...finally...he'd managed to twist & contort his body in a manner that was deemed acceptable by my mother -

He held his pose,

She aimed & got ready to 'snap' the shot,

and...

*The rock that he was standing on started *walking* away*...with my dad still standing on it XD

Yep...If you haven't figured it out yet...the "rock" was (unknown to all of us, obviously) actually a *GIGANTIC* land/sea turtle!!!

Anyways...don't know why I 'associated' the whole "it's not *behind* the cubes...it *is* the cube" thing w/ this --but-- I did, and I thought that it was funny enough to write about it :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #146 on: June 22, 2012, 05:26:01 pm »
Ha, that's so awesome!  It must've been awesome/hilarious for you and your sister and probably a little scary for your parents.

The whole cube=game realization was a pretty funny since I really had no idea that the CE would be in such a large box (I never buy CEs).  I'm just thankful I didn't bring my bike with me for the trip!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #147 on: June 22, 2012, 05:43:16 pm »
I'm just thankful I didn't bring my bike with me for the trip!

Oh man, I would have paid to see that! Imagine trying to juggle it and hold the handlebars/pedal.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

amauriel

« Reply #148 on: June 22, 2012, 06:39:15 pm »

Were you able to follow/understand everything in the Innocent Sin guide, or haven't you really read through much of it yet?

Also, cool dust-cover & bookmarks; no?!

Master's classes have been sorta kicking my butt this summer (first semester back to school after almost a decade). So I haven't had a lot of time to do any gaming or anything but read textbooks and write papers. (Avoiding some of that right now, actually...)

So I haven't read through a ton of it yet, mostly just the Demon Guide in the back. I'm playing through the first Persona on the PSP right now, I'd guess maybe halfway through? Then Innocent Sin is next, so we'll see how much of the guide I can actually use then. The dust cover on it is way cool though!
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

hexen

« Reply #149 on: June 22, 2012, 07:06:57 pm »
I got a copy of Suikoden II today. I found it at a Movie Trading Company for $99.99, but used my 25% off coupon (the item I bought which came with 4 of those coupons only costed $20, so I'm on the green there!) It ended up being $81 with tax instead of $108. It's also a better price then you could get on eBay without a lot of work and luck, so I am happy.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!