Author Topic: "Go To" / "No-Brainer" Games?!  (Read 3034 times)

scott

Re: "Go To" / "No-Brainer" Games?!
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2012, 01:44:11 pm »
Deathsmiles is horizontal scrolling shooter, like Darius or Gradius. only its all Halloweeny and rather than spaceships youre a little girl in a maid uniform fighting monsters from hell. Its a great game and one of my favorites in the genre. Its also a Halloween tradition and I tend to play the hell out of it during the season. Ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 01:52:55 pm »
Deathsmiles is horizontal scrolling shooter, like Darius or Gradius. only its all Halloweeny and rather than spaceships youre a little girl in a maid uniform fighting monsters from hell. Its a great game and one of my favorites in the genre. Its also a Halloween tradition and I tend to play the hell out of it during the season. Ha

Sounds fun!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2012, 11:42:06 pm »
Let's see... Dragon Warrior III is one.  Haven't played it in quite a while, but I still now most of the game inside-out... and I still love it!

There's also Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

I'd say I'm almost to that point with Mega Man X as well, but... well, I'm pretty damn bad at all the Mega Man games, and that one's no exception, despite the fact I've beaten that game 4+ times already.
Now Playing: Final Fantasy V Advance, Mega Man Battle Network, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

blipcs76

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2012, 09:37:31 am »
It used to be Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, but I haven't procured my own copy since my roommate moved out many years ago and I refuse to buy it off XBLA.

Other than that, I'll usually gravitate towards shooters between bouts of longer games.  Castle of Shikigami, Gradius V, R-Type Final, Deathsmiles, Gunbird 2, Mars Matrix, etc.

amauriel

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2012, 06:30:29 pm »

I would have to say Luigi's Mansion, it's been a Halloween tradition for me haha.

That *IS* cute...I've actually played Costume Quest several times close to the Halloween time of year  ;D

...and I *Highly* recommend that anyone who hasn't yet played this enjoyable gem...gives it a try...*ANY* time of year  :D

I second Costume Quest. I got it on a Steam sale with the DLC and blew through it...so enjoyable!

And Ronalopolis and I used to play through Eternal Darkness every single Halloween, once even with a big group of friends and two televisions, playing two copies of the game simultaneously. Haven't played it in a couple years though, so I guess we're due. This year it'll probably be eclipsed by the 999 sequel that's coming out Oct. 24.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 09:57:38 am »

I would have to say Luigi's Mansion, it's been a Halloween tradition for me haha.

That *IS* cute...I've actually played Costume Quest several times close to the Halloween time of year  ;D

...and I *Highly* recommend that anyone who hasn't yet played this enjoyable gem...gives it a try...*ANY* time of year  :D

I second Costume Quest. I got it on a Steam sale with the DLC and blew through it...so enjoyable!

This year it'll probably be eclipsed by the 999 sequel that's coming out Oct. 24.

*Sweet*!

Didn't know about the sequel to 999 being released on 10/24...

...10/24 (being the day before my B-Day :) means that there's a *very* good chance of getting it for free/as a gift :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 12:00:21 pm »
Mine would have to be Final Fantasy III/VI how ever you want to list it, for the snes.
"My life is a chip in your pile. Ante up."
     Setzer  FFVI