Author Topic: PSP games to soon be valuable  (Read 3239 times)

PSP games to soon be valuable
« on: July 06, 2012, 11:58:28 am »
I don't know about you guys, but I have a feeling that some PSP games will explode in value over next 3-5 years. They are so dirt cheap right now, you may want to pick up some of the obvious ones that may be worth money. Plus, a lot of those games are actually really good.

Got tactic ogre: Let us cling together for $8.99 complete at Gamestop. Jeanne D'Arc is like $8 as well.

Just got a feeling that some of these games may be worth a good penny in future. Post any titles that are worth money right now here if you know of any =)
What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk - have at you!

Re: PSP games to soon be valuable
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 12:52:17 pm »
I'm curious so did some looking around, it's hard to tell what might grow in price for PSP but one title keeps coming up on other forums is Death Jr LE. 

jobocan

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 01:10:15 pm »
I'm not really sure about PSP games becoming valuable, since, at least until Sony bites the dust, they're easily available through PSN for the most part. You might want to look into games that aren't currently available on PSN, like Birth by Sleep, Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core and... I don't know what else, I know there are probably quite a few.... Oh and Limited Editions, of course.

amauriel

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 01:59:45 pm »
I actually just did this with my PSP collection. I tracked down the two Harvest Moons and the Personas and then made sure that I had anything else I would want for it (Birth by Sleep, Knights in the Nightmare, etc.). For me, though, it's because GameStop is getting even more ridiculous with what systems they are carrying and I can't see them taking in PSP trades much longer. They set their own prices, so it seems like what I have found in stock has been cheaper than what I could get online recently.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 03:48:49 pm »
This reminded me that I've been wanting to find the LE version of Ys Seven.  I've been putting it off, hoping it'd get cheaper, but it's just going up in price online.  I put a hold on one at a GS... let's hope the condition is decent enough for retail price.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 06:26:16 pm »
This reminded me that I've been wanting to find the LE version of Ys Seven.  I've been putting it off, hoping it'd get cheaper, but it's just going up in price online.  I put a hold on one at a GS... let's hope the condition is decent enough for retail price.

I was just going to say the Xseed games. My Gamestop on the LEs new ... I have to buy those.
What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk - have at you!

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 07:10:52 pm »

I was just going to say the Xseed games. My Gamestop on the LEs new ... I have to buy those.

For some reason the Premium edition of Oath is not going up in price, probably because it just has a calendar and not a cloth map.  Ys I & II's premium edition is high in price, too, but I've heard that version of the game isn't great.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 12:54:54 am »
Also check out Hexyz Force. (Atlus)

scott

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 09:12:44 am »
This thread reminded me to preorder Growlanser and I may go hunt down Gungnir today or tomorrow too.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 10:56:29 am »

Also, Crimson Gem Saga...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 08:08:47 pm »

I remember getting those emails from Altus when they first released that game in 2010... Perhaps I would've gotten it then, but it got mediocre reviews from Metacritic, looks like.  Anyone own/play it?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

madmax

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 09:18:42 pm »
I feel like there was such a big amount of PSp games that they won't rise in value much. I've seen too many bins full of PSP games for cheap.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 11:32:40 am »

I remember getting those emails from Altus when they first released that game in 2010... Perhaps I would've gotten it then, but it got mediocre reviews from Metacritic, looks like.  Anyone own/play it?

I own sealed copies of Hexyz Force, Crimson Gem Saga, Riviera: The Promised Land, Yggdra Union: Never Fight Alone, Gungnir, Growlanser IV: Wayfarer of Time (Soon Baby, Soon), and just about all of the other PSP RPG's that are:

A). Considered "Niche" and
B). Have the words "NISA", "Shin Megami Tensei" and/or "ATLUS" on them.

Since I have such a *B.I.G.*...

...backlog :P

- it will likely be months (if not years) until I get around to playing any of them :(

BTW-what's up w/ the multiple avatar changes going on here???

For what it's worth, Desocietas,

...I whole-heartedly approve of both yours & Scott's new ones  ;)

soera

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 11:40:18 am »
I need to change mine. Its so tiny that its hard to tell what it is.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 11:58:18 am »

I need to change mine. Its so tiny that its hard to tell what it is.

Looking forward to seeing what (avatar's) coming up next for you...