Author Topic: Rebinding Guides (Split from Soera in the User Feedback section)  (Read 1569 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Got the FF Tactics guide in the mail. Its in better Than I expected and I should be able to rebind it no problem. Got it from Sorta for the Pay it Forward / Trade for the original custom cover.

How do you "re-bind" them???
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 12:11:04 pm by scott »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

Re: Re: Soera
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 01:32:31 pm »
Heh I was wondering that myself. Im just glad he can make use of it. I was going to actually throw the guide out once I replaced it.

scott

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 02:18:17 pm »
Got the FF Tactics guide in the mail. Its in better Than I expected and I should be able to rebind it no problem. Got it from Sorta for the Pay it Forward / Trade for the original custom cover.

a thin coat of Wood glue on the edges that are pulled out, then clipping it all together with some Chip bag clips and letting it sit for a few days.... Worked really well with the MGS guide I have (which was nearly completely fallen apart).
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 02:50:24 pm »

a thin coat of Wood glue on the edges that are pulled out, then clipping it all together with some Chip bag clips and letting it sit for a few days.... Worked really well with the MGS guide I have (which was nearly completely fallen apart).

That sounds pretty close to what we do at the library, as long as the strings holding the paper signatures aren't loose.  Instead of chip bag clips we will either use bricks (wrapped in archival paper! ;) ) or bulldog clips since they have a little more of the flat grip going on.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 02:59:52 pm »

Hmm...

That's both interesting *and* a good idea  :)

Have you ever tried that w/ any of the smaller-sized, paperback guides (like "Double-Jump's" Disgaea(s), Persona(s), Soul Nomad, SMT: Nocturne, etc)?

I find that their guides, while some of my favorites - are the most helpful, in-depth, and detailed guides to be found...but...at the price of coming apart more quickly & easily then any other guides that I've personally ever used  >:(

scott

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 09:19:36 pm »
Nope the only other guide Ive done was the one for MGS. Luckily my Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow book from DoubleJump is still pretty minty and doesn't need any kind of repairs. Most of my own guides are in good shape, I may need to eventually fix my original Super Mario Bros 3 Nintendo Power guide tho...

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 10:34:57 am »
Aah...sporting the new Persona avatar; are you...I approve!

scott

Re: Rebinding Guides (Split from Soera in the User Feedback section)
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 12:12:59 pm »
That sounds pretty close to what we do at the library, as long as the strings holding the paper signatures aren't loose.  Instead of chip bag clips we will either use bricks (wrapped in archival paper! ;) ) or bulldog clips since they have a little more of the flat grip going on.

Ya if I have to do more, I may invest in some bulldog clips instead. Also the clips I call Chip Bag Clips are actually just some kinda utility clip.

Aah...sporting the new Persona avatar; are you...I approve!

Yup! Now if I only had time to finish the game...

Also, I split the topic out of the User Feedback section to keep things in there limited to Feedback from trades/sales.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 12:15:30 pm by scott »