Author Topic: Duplicate Games  (Read 1382 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Duplicate Games
« on: August 08, 2012, 09:42:00 am »
Is there anyway we could add a quantity field to a listing in our collections?  I want to add my duplicates so I can keep track of them, but that would clutter up my collection.  What I'm trying to say is, Do I really want Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt to show up 5 times in my collection? 
It's just an idea.  Maybe everyone else can come up with a better way.  It's just a problem I'm running into.

soera

Re: Duplicate Games
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 10:16:17 am »
This, imo, is a good idea. I have a few copies of Dragon Warrior (all 3 different label colors) but I only list one cause I dont like to screw up my numbers or pad my collection. I have it in my notes now but a quantity number would be cool too!

theflea

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 07:15:18 pm »
ya that would be a good idea, personally atm I just list 1 of the game and if i happen to get rid of it and I still have another copy and just don't delete it.
If i listed all the Mario/Duck copies a full page would be taken up lol
"Happy game hunting!!!"

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 10:27:51 pm »
While we're at it, could we get an option to have an item "not count" towards our item total?

I have multiple copies of some games from indie bundles - Desura and Steam versions - and I'd like to not have the dupes counted. :p Just have the quantity be 0 or something.

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 08:41:35 am »
I list all my multiples but I do this more for insurance in case anything happens rather than just padding my numbers. I do understand how other people wouldn't want every duplicate to be listed especially if you sell items regularly.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 10:18:05 am »
I list all my multiples but I do this more for insurance in case anything happens rather than just padding my numbers. I do understand how other people wouldn't want every duplicate to be listed especially if you sell items regularly.

I do the same...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

tpugmire

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 02:20:50 pm »
I just list my duplicates in my sale list.  They are still cataloged, but don't show up in my item count.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

foxhack

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 09:22:58 pm »
I just list my duplicates in my sale list.  They are still cataloged, but don't show up in my item count.
I started to do this a bit ago. Maybe if we had custom lists...

scott

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 10:41:11 am »
I currently list all my doubles as part of my collection, except for my Saturn dupes. This mostly covers all of my extra Castlevania copies, since I have some CIB and some loose for play. The only place my extra copies of Saturn games are listed is in my sell list. Personally, I like being able to add multiple copies to my list. And if you wanted you could always just list it once and put the number of copies you own in the notes. :)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 10:43:21 am »
I currently list all my doubles as part of my collection, except for my Saturn dupes. This mostly covers all of my extra Castlevania copies, since I have some CIB and some loose for play. The only place my extra copies of Saturn games are listed is in my sell list. Personally, I like being able to add multiple copies to my list. And if you wanted you could always just list it once and put the number of copies you own in the notes. :)

My thoughts/take on it, too...Exactly.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"