Author Topic: September 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 19438 times)

htimreimer

Re: September 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2012, 05:58:28 pm »
i just seen sonic the hedgehog 1 going for 12k: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sega-Genesis-Sonic-Hedgehog-1-Factory-Sealed-VGA-80-Near-Mint-1991-Archival-/200822121868?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2ec1ee658c
i think i'm  lucky that i got  my copy of it 4 dollars and its in cib and in mint condition 

soera

« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2012, 06:44:06 pm »
Just cause someone asks 12k doesnt mean its worth it. I see Sonic all the time for a couple dollars. To pay 12k for it cause its wrapped in plastic and in a VGA box is beyond comprehension.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2012, 07:14:17 pm »
Just cause someone asks 12k doesnt mean its worth it. I see Sonic all the time for a couple dollars. To pay 12k for it cause its wrapped in plastic and in a VGA box is beyond comprehension.

Agreed.

Picked up the PS3 Journey: Collector's-Edition (includes: Journey, Flow, Flower, 3 (previously unreleased) That Game Company "Mini-Games", OST's for all 3 games, 'additional content' ("Making-Of", etc); and it comes w/ a Free, 1 month trial for PS+ (which, I already have).

Funny...I hadn't even heard anything about this collection being released...

Also picked up Dead Island.

Both games were ~$20/Each - still new & sealed; so...Meh
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2012, 07:46:49 pm »
Its funny you mention that Journey game. Ive never heard of that line of games til 2 days ago. I went to Best Buy and the sales guy there was pushing the hell out of that game. He could not stop talking about it ... one of the ones on there you are a flower petal just flying around ... odd for sure.

desocietas

« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2012, 07:50:04 pm »
Wasn't Flower one of the games that they were really hyping before the PS3 came out?  Once the system came out, though, I didn't hear about Flower again...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2012, 08:02:59 pm »
Thats about 50% off so not bad!

And you are one state away from me atm ... where are you headed? :O
I was headed to Little Rock.  It was for work.  I live in Arkansas so I think I'm always one state away.

shingouryu

« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2012, 08:43:47 pm »
Its funny you mention that Journey game. Ive never heard of that line of games til 2 days ago. I went to Best Buy and the sales guy there was pushing the hell out of that game. He could not stop talking about it ... one of the ones on there you are a flower petal just flying around ... odd for sure.

On the subject of those 3, they are really more "experiences" than they are games - the goals are usually pretty simplistic and there's very little danger at all.  Of course, that's not to say they're not worth playing.  I would urge everyone on this board to at least play Journey, as the final stretch of it is absolutely breathtaking; a perfect fusion of imagery, music and a sense of freedom.

Anyway, taking off my artiste glasses now.  Picked up R-types and R-type Delta both CIB

desocietas

« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2012, 10:04:49 pm »
I'd love to play Journey once I get a PS3<...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2012, 08:38:42 am »
I thought you already owned one. ???

desocietas

« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2012, 11:14:04 am »
I thought you already owned one. ???

A former roommate had one and took it with him when he left, so I still have a controller (he refused to buy more than the one he had, even though there were 3 gamers in the house) and a handful of PS3 games :\
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

blipcs76

« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2012, 02:43:51 pm »
A good day today.  No amazing finds, but some solid pickups.  Paid $20 total for:

NES - 1942, Burai Fighter, Al Unser Turbo Racing
PS1 - Blood Omen, Tomb Raider, Tekken 2, Tenchu
PS2 - Manhunt
360 - FEAR3, Dante's Inferno

I mentioned I picked up Tekken 2.  It's funny because earlier in the day I found and picked up a Tekken 2 strategy guide at a different garage sale, then I end up finding the game on the other side of town an hour later :D

htimreimer

« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2012, 04:59:20 pm »
i just got more game but first i have to say this is the first time i have ever seen someone at a 50% off sale at a salvation army thrift shop act snobby towards every in the store

Monopoly Junior (General Mills Edition) - $1.50

Championship Surfer for PC CIB - $5

Nam - $1.50
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 06:26:06 am by htimreimer »

pacpix

« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2012, 10:17:33 pm »
Picked up Baldur's Gate II Throne of Bhaal without realizing it requires Shadows of Amn... :/ 
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

soera

« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2012, 10:22:38 pm »
I have Shadows of Amn. Wonder if we could pass the games back and forth and install them both on both of our computers?

godnightshade

« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2012, 10:52:08 pm »
I just picked up Goof Troop, Scooby Doo Mystery, and Mickey Mouse Ultimate Challenge on SNES all CIB.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 01:16:59 am by godnightshade »