Author Topic: September 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 19965 times)

jcalder8

Re: September 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 04:57:45 pm »
I bought a refurbished 60 gig PS3 with 2 controllers for $150 about a week ago and it just came in the mail yesterday. It is in fantastic condition and here is hoping that it lives a long and happy life.

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 08:27:25 am »
I couldn't decide if this should be posted here in the "Recently Added To Collection" thread or hidden deep in the recesses of the "Worst Pickup" thread.  But in light of the 30 year anniversary, the historical account of bringing down the gaming industry in the 80's, and because I am looking forward to the AVGN movie, I decided to proudly display my most recent purchase.  (BTW, it's ok to wince, I know you all want to).

I snagged this little gem this week, it is factory sealed (and seeing no reason to ever actually want to relive a childhood nightmare by playing, it shall remain sealed) and even still has the hang tab attached.  Now I just ned to track down James Rolfe and see if I can get a signature added to commemorate his upcoming movie!
"It is said that 80% of quoted statistics are made up by the one quoting the statistic."

htimreimer

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 10:22:39 am »
I couldn't decide if this should be posted here in the "Recently Added To Collection" thread or hidden deep in the recesses of the "Worst Pickup" thread.  But in light of the 30 year anniversary, the historical account of bringing down the gaming industry in the 80's, and because I am looking forward to the AVGN movie, I decided to proudly display my most recent purchase.  (BTW, it's ok to wince, I know you all want to).

I snagged this little gem this week, it is factory sealed (and seeing no reason to ever actually want to relive a childhood nightmare by playing, it shall remain sealed) and even still has the hang tab attached.  Now I just ned to track down James Rolfe and see if I can get a signature added to commemorate his upcoming movie!

as bad as it is  it is history and  it should go to a collector of video game also did you know the developer  howard scott warshaw (yars revenge) only had about 3 to 9 weeks to make a game based on ET and a normal game on the 2600 takes about 6 to 7  months to make and thats why its so bad and if you want more historical  video game info like the pac men on 2600 ask me (i spend way too much time on the net :'( )
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 10:31:45 am by htimreimer »

byron

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2012, 04:26:08 pm »
I actually bought this late last month, but only today did I finally get it up and running the way it's supposed to. There are still a few little things I could do, but overall it's working great.

This Asteroids Deluxe machine is the new star of my collection. I'm so filled with child-like joy every time I play it knowing that it's mine.  ;D

I know it's a lousy picture, but that's the best I could do.

desocietas

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2012, 07:25:07 pm »

You Don't Know Jack
You Don't Know Jack Mock 2
Um Jammer Lammy

Nice pickup on the YDKJ and Um Jammer Lammy!  I still debate with a friend about whether the first Parappa or UJL is better (I think the former, he thinks the latter).

I love YDKJ and still hope they work on releasing new versions of it.  The 360 version is ok but certainly not the same since there is no usage of the keyboard.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2012, 07:39:34 pm »
Nice pickup on the YDKJ and Um Jammer Lammy!  I still debate with a friend about whether the first Parappa or UJL is better (I think the former, he thinks the latter).

I love YDKJ and still hope they work on releasing new versions of it.  The 360 version is ok but certainly not the same since there is no usage of the keyboard.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/99200/

For PC. And there's a Facebook version but FACEBOOK BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

Today I picked up three memory cards: A Sony 8MB one for the PS2, a Gamecube 59 (Official) and a Mad Catz 4x for the Gamecube as well. All for a buck.

desocietas

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2012, 07:48:07 pm »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/99200/

For PC. And there's a Facebook version but FACEBOOK BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

Oh, I meant the questions that had you actually type the answer in.... looks like it's called the Gibberish Question.

... which it looks like they've put into the FB version (not the Steam version)... UGH

I've managed to avoid all FB games thus far, but damn.  Wish I didn't know that...  :-\
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2012, 08:11:06 pm »
Don't worry. It's not by Xynga so it's automatically not evil by default. ;D

atariboy

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2012, 09:17:04 pm »
I love YDKJ Computer games, we still play them when we get a chance (PC version).

Congrats Byron on the cabinet, I still haven't broken down and gotten one.

Picked up Medal of Honor: Frontline for GameCube - CIB $2
also Rygar for NES cart only - $1
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2012, 10:17:42 pm »
Rygar is awesome!  It's one of my favorite NES games.  I don't know why.  It's not very good.  I love the music.  It's really short if you know what to do, but still a great time... for me anyway.

soera

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2012, 10:37:50 pm »
It is awesome. Its 1000% better than the arcade version.

atariboy

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2012, 10:48:17 pm »
Rygar is awesome!  It's one of my favorite NES games.  I don't know why.  It's not very good.  I love the music.  It's really short if you know what to do, but still a great time... for me anyway.

Ya it is, I thought I had it in my collection already but I didn't. I had about a third of my collection stolen in 2008 and so items that I thought I had I don't. Anyways I'm glad I found it and for a great price.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2012, 10:37:15 am »
And it has some of the best box art there is.  Just awe at the majesty!

soera

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2012, 10:55:01 am »
LMAO, its funny you mention that ... Ive always wondering what that thing he is holding back is. It looks like some sort of smiling Asian female lion.

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2012, 12:43:55 pm »
Sometimes I ask myself if I have done all I could for my son, have I been a good Father, a role model...  Have I passed on to him what the important things are in life....  I think I can say yes after today.

After unboxing our most recent little toy, he asked if he could try it out to make sure it worked.  A warmth filled my soul when the first cart he grabbed was Zelda!  Oh my Boy.... ;D

"It is said that 80% of quoted statistics are made up by the one quoting the statistic."