Author Topic: September 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 19964 times)

jobocan

Re: September 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2012, 12:47:37 pm »
Oh, what are your impressions of the Supaboy? I was kinda thinking of picking one up eventually.

blipcs76

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2012, 12:56:26 pm »
A pretty great day today at garage sales.  For $17, I picked up:

XBox - Pac Man World 3, Ghost Recon 2
PS2 - Power Drome, The Simpsons Road Rage
GBA - Wario Land 4, Super Mario Advance 2, Mario Kart Advance
GB - Pokemon Blue, Harvest Moon 2
Gameboy Pocket System - Ice Blue

The Gameboy pocket came with Pokemon Blue for $5, a killer deal.  Though when I opened it up, the batteries had leaked corrosion inside.  Hopefully it works.

In addition, I picked up some movies for my video game movie collection:
Doom, Tomb Raider, Silent Hill and House of the Dead.  In all, it was a great day for pickups.

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2012, 01:04:26 pm »
Oh, what are your impressions of the Supaboy? I was kinda thinking of picking one up eventually.

So far I like it, only unboxed it about 30 minutes before posting.  As most have pointed out the speakers do have a small hiss sound, after playing for awhile I can see this becoming annoying. Nice clean sharp screen image and TV out.  The size is almost laughable, but in a good humor way (but super lightweight).  I can just image shortly after take-off on a long flight seeing the kids breaking out the 3DSs, PSPs, iPhones, and then me digging out this honking SNES player  :P

I like that it plays SNES, SFC, and with an adapter (@ about $20) NES and Sega carts.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 01:32:37 pm by diabolicalmoo »
"It is said that 80% of quoted statistics are made up by the one quoting the statistic."

soera

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2012, 03:48:47 pm »
I bet you could use a super gameboy on there and play all the gb/gbc games too! Ive looked at one myself and it seems pretty cool looking, if nothing else.

You mention the Zelda game. My son runs into my game room yesterday when a fellow gamer pal was over and he goes straight to Link to the past and asks if he can take it into his room and play. My son is 4. :) He is learning well!

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2012, 05:35:37 pm »
I bet you could use a super gameboy on there and play all the gb/gbc games too!

Just dusted off my Super Gameboy, it has a tighter fit due to the extruding lip under the gameboy cart slot, but yes, yes you can play Gameboy Games on it as well.
"It is said that 80% of quoted statistics are made up by the one quoting the statistic."

soera

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2012, 05:42:20 pm »
Its like the ultimate portable system! Wonder if you can slap a SMS convertor on the Genesis adapter and play master system games too ... and maybe 32X! The possibilitys are endless. :)

pacpix

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2012, 08:10:09 pm »
I actually use a system called the GP2X Caanoo for my retro gaming.  I just download all the emulators and games I need.  There is also an official app store where new games are released.  I only really use it for retro games though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAANOO

Edit: Nevermind on the app store.  Looks like they went out of business.  This is a nice site that I had been using though:
http://www.openhandhelds.org/index.php
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 01:33:14 am by pacpix »
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

htimreimer

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2012, 01:57:42 am »
I actually use a system called the GP2X Caanoo for my retro gaming.  I just download all the emulators and games I need.  There is also an official app store where new games are released.  I only really use it for retro games though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAANOO

Edit: Nevermind on the app store.  Looks like they went out of business.  This is a nice site that I had been using though:
http://www.openhandhelds.org/index.php
you should add it to your collection: http://vgcollect.com/item/22111

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2012, 02:05:57 am »
Did a day long trash digging trip today.  My wife and I hit up some dirt malls, a flea market, some thrift stores, and a few game stores.  How'd I do today? Not too shabby.

Donkey Kong 64  - $1
Tiny Toons Adventures 2 NES - $5
Shenmue Complete DC - $2
Shenmue missing disc 1 and the manuals - $2
Unreal Tournament DC was in the Shenmue Disc 1 spot - Included in the above $2, so FREE
Dreamcast Import Converter disk thing - $2
Street Hockey '95 SNES - $1
Metal Combat SNES $1
2 NES Dogbone Controllers - $10

I shouldn't have bought but 1 dogbone controller, but I had a brain fart.  I thought I only had 2, but I had 3.  I wanted 2 for each Top Loader.  Oh well, now I have 5.

It was a pretty good day.  I'm tired as balls though.

pacpix

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2012, 12:40:32 pm »
@htimreimer

Thanks, thought I had it added already!

forte

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2012, 05:05:33 pm »

Vajurila FF (Bit), Rockman iX RX Armor (evil version of X from the Manga, pronounced icks instead of ecks apparently), Rockman X EX Armor, Rockman X Max Armor, Rockman X

Also got a few games, Rockman X7 (open so I can play it) and Namco X Capcom

pacpix

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2012, 08:29:41 pm »
Good day today!

Got Ms Pac-Man Special Color Edition and The Dark Spire with music CD today! Been looking for Dark Spire for a while now.

desocietas

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2012, 09:00:00 pm »
Good day today!

Got Ms Pac-Man Special Color Edition and The Dark Spire with music CD today! Been looking for Dark Spire for a while now.

Nice work with Dark Spire!

I lucked out and got it "new" from Gamestop when they'd dropped the price of the new copies to $5 for some reason (with soundtrack) not too long after release.

I enjoyed it, but it's definitely got the difficulty issues of the old "draw your own map" RPGs.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

pacpix

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2012, 09:19:16 pm »
I got it because I have been enjoying playing through the original Wizardry lately.  Just read through the manual and will be starting it shortly!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2012, 01:27:05 pm »
I was on the receiving-end of a "Pay-It-Forward" type of topic from another site...and I just received the PAL version of Blue Dragon (360 RPG)...all of the way from Freakin' Norway!!!
 :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"