Author Topic: September 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 19974 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: September 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2012, 09:03:47 am »
i got my Conkers Bad Fur Day and Quest 64 in the mail the other day  :P  was pretty psyched about that
Conker's Bad Fur Day is one the my favorite games off all time.  Have you played it before?  If not, you're in for a treat.

scott

« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2012, 09:14:13 am »
I agree. I remember I picked it up brand new for like $20 back when it came out. I played the hell out of it too and I'd say its my favorite N64 game ever too. If you haven't played it before, be ready for a good time filled with toilet humor and movie references... and Gregg.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

htimreimer

« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2012, 09:56:00 am »
I agree. I remember I picked it up brand new for like $20 back when it came out. I played the hell out of it too and I'd say its my favorite N64 game ever too. If you haven't played it before, be ready for a good time filled with toilet humor and movie references... and Gregg.
i haven't played conker and even i know of the giant shit monster

lordmeatpie

« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2012, 11:27:55 am »
i got my Conkers Bad Fur Day and Quest 64 in the mail the other day  :P  was pretty psyched about that
Conker's Bad Fur Day is one the my favorite games off all time.  Have you played it before?  If not, you're in for a treat.

I've played it before although it was a loooong time ago now :) I used to own it. it was another of the many unfortunate victims of what I like to call "The Parental Yard-Sale Accident of 2007" hahaha.
Now Playing: Borderlands 2 (PS3) / Crystalis (NES)

https://www.facebook.com/lordmeatpiegrind
The Obnoxious Canadian Acoustic Grinder

shingouryu

« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2012, 12:19:18 pm »
Hey all, I'm new here so I thought I'd say "hello" first, and now on to my recent purchases :-)

I got this beauty yesterday from a local store. $140 dollars, but for CIB and how great of condition it's in it was a steal.  The discs have no visible scratches and the only cosmetic issue is that the case and disc are a little dusty.  Methinks it was sitting in a storage room forgotten for a while.  The store actually called me to tell me a guy was there trying to sell it, and held it for me until after work.  I find that there is great value in building rapport with local businesses :-P.

This is the other major purchase I've made this month, from the same place.  Dracula X was $70, but is CIB and has a beautiful looking box and manual.

lordmeatpie

« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2012, 12:41:05 pm »
That is such a sick Castlevania collection!! Cheers!
Now Playing: Borderlands 2 (PS3) / Crystalis (NES)

https://www.facebook.com/lordmeatpiegrind
The Obnoxious Canadian Acoustic Grinder

jobocan

« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2012, 12:02:54 am »
My friend just brought me over some Game Gear games. Sonic the Hedgehog and Arcade Classics.

I don't collect or even play game gear (though I have one), but I won't say no to free games :P

scott

« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2012, 12:10:12 am »
That is a pretty nice haul of Castlevania games. Nice snag on Drac X!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2012, 01:52:34 pm »
Guess what I just got a deal on. 
 My very first dedicated Arcade Cabinet!  PlayChoice 10 is mine!  Picked it up for what I thought was a pretty good deal.  SMB1-3, Dr. Mario, Double Dragon, Contra, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!, TMNT and two more I can't remember right now.  I found it in a pawn shop.  I have to pick it up Monday.  I had to wait until I could get some help moving it into the house.  Now, I just have make a good spot for it.

soera

« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2012, 03:47:16 pm »
Dude thats awesome. I wish you lived closer. Id love to come by and play the thing with ya. Mario 3, Double Dragon, Contra, MTPO all on an arcade would be fun as hell!

jcalder8

« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2012, 04:44:31 pm »
Those are some great games!  Congrats on the pickup!

Make sure you post some pictures of it when you get it all setup.

godnightshade

« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2012, 08:16:17 pm »
I did a lot of garage saleing/thrift storing/retro game storing today and walked away nearly empty handed, but the last store had a Breath of Fire 4 Prima guide that I felt I must have, so I picked it up.

« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2012, 09:09:55 pm »
Blood omen: Legacy of Kain is underrated, I think.  I really enjoyed that game.

VAE VICTUS!

I too thought it was a pretty good game!
Picked this up today from thrift store for a $1, anybody know the manufacturer of this thing? There are no markings on it.

Divineo (http://mag.divineo.cn) is the company who made them via a contract with frostythesnowman.

I have been looking for one of these cables for a long time... These are made to be used with the FrostyTheSnowMan's *fixed* Vga bios, so unless your xbox is modded its useless.

Another bit of info is it requires a monitor that supports sync on green.

atariboy

« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2012, 11:36:19 pm »
Thanks for the info.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2012, 01:00:27 am »
Did a little game chasing today. 

Advanced D&D Heroes of the Lance (NES) $5

Ogre Battle 64 (N64) $15

I did a lot of hunting and trash digging today, and that was all I found worth picking up.  It seemed everything I found today was WAY overpriced (Super Scope for $55??)  or just junk.  Oh well, some days you hit home runs; and some days you can't even get on base.