Author Topic: Gamer Metalheads  (Read 51547 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Gamer Metalheads
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2012, 10:29:42 am »
I just bought a random Manowar album yesterday. The Triumph of Steel... It's my first time listening to them, and I'm quite enjoying this.

You should watch one of their live DVDs lol. Theyre pretty hilarious, especially when they wear the loincloths and stuff haha

Like...GWAR?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

lordmeatpie

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2012, 12:55:55 pm »
I just bought a random Manowar album yesterday. The Triumph of Steel... It's my first time listening to them, and I'm quite enjoying this.

You should watch one of their live DVDs lol. Theyre pretty hilarious, especially when they wear the loincloths and stuff haha

Like...GWAR?

Not even remotely close to as good as Gwar!
I got to see Gwar in 2010 with Lamb of God and Job For A Cowboy. After being a fan of theirs for over 10 years, their show was everything I could have hoped for!
Now Playing: Borderlands 2 (PS3) / Crystalis (NES)

https://www.facebook.com/lordmeatpiegrind
The Obnoxious Canadian Acoustic Grinder

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2012, 01:07:26 pm »

Like...GWAR?

Not even remotely close to as good as Gwar!
I got to see Gwar in 2010 with Lamb of God and Job For A Cowboy. After being a fan of theirs for over 10 years, their show was everything I could have hoped for!

Awesome!

I'm happy to hear that you got the chance to see a band you liked that much live  8)

Do you like Mercyful Fate/King Diamond, Motorhead, Megadeth, and/or Exodus at all?

soera

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2012, 02:43:34 pm »
Heh King Diamond ... thats old old school right there. Motorhead isnt bad. Megadeth is pretty decent. I havent heard of the other two.

Does anyone else listen to Disturbed? Ive been a super fan since 2000 when they came out. I was the only global moderator for the forums for a long time (I still am but its a slow site cause the band has taken a big hiatus so I havent been there in a while).

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2012, 03:59:27 pm »
Heh King Diamond ... thats old old school right there. Motorhead isnt bad. Megadeth is pretty decent. I havent heard of the other two.

Does anyone else listen to Disturbed? Ive been a super fan since 2000 when they came out. I was the only global moderator for the forums for a long time (I still am but its a slow site cause the band has taken a big hiatus so I havent been there in a while).

I'm sure that I've heard Disturbed, but I don't remember what I heard by them...

Heh; yeah - King Diamond takes me back to *HIGH*-school daze :P

pacpix

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2012, 04:00:57 pm »
I have liked the few songs I have heard by Disturbed.  What album do you recommend starting with?
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

jobocan

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2012, 04:25:52 pm »
I wouldn't exactly call Disturbed metal (and I don't feel "nu-metal" is a real thing, it's just what used to be called "hardcore"), they're more hard rock/hardcore than anything. The only album of their's I really like is The Sickness, if only for Down with the Sickness and Meaning of Life. Otherwise... I don't mind a couple of their other songs, but overall I don't find them terribly interesting. You may enjoy it more than me though :P

upondoom

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2012, 06:14:46 pm »
"Alternative Metal" would probably be the most appropriate, honestly.

I play da video games and listen to da metalz.

Last.fm

lordmeatpie

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2012, 01:12:11 am »
I love King Diamond and Megadeth.
King Diamonds vocals are amazing. "GRANDMA WHAT WAS IT LIIIIKE?"
haha, awesome.

Lately the metal band Ive been listening to the most is Murder Construct, newer band by Travis Ryan the vocalist of Cattle Decapitation.
Now Playing: Borderlands 2 (PS3) / Crystalis (NES)

https://www.facebook.com/lordmeatpiegrind
The Obnoxious Canadian Acoustic Grinder

soera

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 08:37:56 am »
I have liked the few songs I have heard by Disturbed.  What album do you recommend starting with?

They have 6 releases. Sickness, Believe, Ten Thousand Fists, Indestructible, Asylum, and the Lost Children. Id recommend all of them other than Believe. Its quite a bit softer and slower than the others.

upondoom

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2012, 06:00:46 pm »
How is being slow a bad thing? :(

I play da video games and listen to da metalz.

Last.fm

ko1ru

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2012, 09:56:00 pm »
I wouldn't consider myself a metalhead in the slightest, but I do love me some black metal, especially the experimental/atmospheric variety.

I'm more into electronic/experimental/noise/industrial stuff.  :)

soera

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2012, 01:00:08 am »
How is being slow a bad thing? :(

Slow is not a bad thing ... except when it totally changes the style of a band. If they started with slow music, thats one thing ... but if you listened to the Sickness and then got Believe expecting it to sound the same, you would be disappointed. (with that being said, there are still some songs on that disk I do like)

soera

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2012, 01:01:57 am »

Its still metal! :) I like most "types" of metal but I do like to actually hear the words sometimes too ...

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2012, 08:31:11 am »

Its still metal! :) I like most "types" of metal but I do like to actually hear the words sometimes too ...

*THIS*