Author Topic: Gamer Metalheads  (Read 51651 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Gamer Metalheads
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2012, 10:22:33 am »
I really like Painkiller, too (Sad Wings of Destiny is my fav album of theirs).

"80's hair-metal bands"

Fuck yeah!

No shame in that!!!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

ko1ru

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2012, 10:29:50 am »
... The Misfits (I'm like the only Misfits fan that actually prefers Michael Graves over Danzig) ...

:o  Blasphemy!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2012, 10:32:53 am »
... The Misfits (I'm like the only Misfits fan that actually prefers Michael Graves over Danzig) ...

I'm prolly one of the few who liked Diano better than Dickinson (Maiden) & Bon Scott over...whoever took his place in AC/DC  8)

scott

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2012, 10:47:53 am »
AC/DC with Bon Scott is definitely more to my liking than Brian Johnson AC/DC. Of course, I still like a lot of the stuff from the post-Scott era.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2012, 10:53:42 am »
AC/DC with Bon Scott is definitely more to my liking than Brian Johnson AC/DC. Of course, I still like a lot of the stuff from the post-Scott era.

Yeah - I don't *dislike* BJ('s)  ;)

...I just prefer Bon Scott - same w/ Maiden...Dickinson's got a hell of a voice & an impressive range (comparable w/ Sebastian Bach-one of my favorite 'raw' voices); I just liked Diano/earlier albums better...maybe because it's what I was exposed to 1st?

On that note -while I wouldn't call Van Hagar "horrible"...IMHO; they just lost that VH chemistry w/o DLR.

scott

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2012, 10:57:32 am »
Ha, I picked up the AC/DC Bonfire box set years ago and it's really cool. Lots of early takes and alternate takes. The book inside talks about Bon Scott and his life and on one of the CDs at the end of Ride On is a bunch of sound clips of Bon giving interviews. Really neat stuff. I still don't have all of AC/DC's Bon Scott albums, but eventually I'll finish that off.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2012, 05:58:29 pm »

I'm prolly one of the few who liked Diano better than Dickinson (Maiden) & Bon Scott over...whoever took his place in AC/DC  8)

Paul Di'Anno was pretty good. I like Dickinson better, of course (the guy is a badass), but Di'Anno was pretty awesome and I would have loved to see more Di'Anno maiden albums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtbRlj7EgrI Still a good singer I'd say.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2012, 05:59:56 pm »

...I just prefer Bon Scott - same w/ Maiden...Dickinson's got a hell of a voice & an impressive range (comparable w/ Sebastian Bach-one of my favorite 'raw' voices); I just liked Diano/earlier albums better...maybe because it's what I was exposed to 1st?

On that note -while I wouldn't call Van Hagar "horrible"...IMHO; they just lost that VH chemistry w/o DLR.

I'm like the opposite on all of those, lol. I like Brian Johnson better in AC/DC, I like Dickinson better in Maiden, and I prefer Van Hagar over Crackhead-Roth.

lordmeatpie

« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2012, 11:22:52 pm »

I'm like the opposite on all of those, lol. I like Brian Johnson better in AC/DC, I like Dickinson better in Maiden, and I prefer Van Hagar over Crackhead-Roth.

I'm opposite anyone whos posted yet haha. I just don't like either vocalist of ACDC, or the guitarist in the little schoolboy outfit (I can never remember his name), nor do I like Van Halen in any form (other than that one song Hot For Teacher).
And I guess if I had to pick a favorite for Maiden, it would be Dickinson. Just because I also like his solo albums. But I almost never listen to either lol  :P

I always like asking which vocalist people liked more in Cannibal Corpse, Chris Barnes or George Corpsegrinder Fisher.
I love both of them, theres not a CC song I dont love. But overall, I like Barnes more as a vocalist. They are both brutal, but Chris Barnes gutturals were way deeper, AND he wrote his own lyrics. Fisher has never written a single song for CC. I'm not sure if he wrote lyrics while he was in Monstrosity or not.
Now Playing: Borderlands 2 (PS3) / Crystalis (NES)

https://www.facebook.com/lordmeatpiegrind
The Obnoxious Canadian Acoustic Grinder

ffxik

« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2012, 05:38:10 am »
I notice people always bring up Paul and Bruce when it comes to Maiden.  I have got to be one out of like the five people on the planet that actually likes Blaze Bayley.  No one singer is my favorite, but they all have one hell of a dynamic that definitely sets them apart from one another.  Different eras I guess.   :P

As far as Cannibal Corpse goes I'm really not a fan.  So I have no idea who your talking about, sorry.  :-\
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 05:40:31 am by ffxik »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2012, 06:57:18 pm »

But American Psycho and Famous Monsters were SUCH GOOD ALBUMS!

ko1ru

« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2013, 02:52:38 pm »

But American Psycho and Famous Monsters were SUCH GOOD ALBUMS!

American Psycho more so, but I prefer old-school Misfits.  ;)  Walk Among Us FTW.

tripredacus

« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2013, 09:29:47 pm »
My metal claim to fame is making a $40 loss when putting up a Hate Eternal show.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2013, 10:46:58 pm »
This band is practically unheard of. And it's a crime since this song is so incredibly awesome:

It's a nice mix of Black Metal and Melo-Death.

foxhack

« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2013, 01:11:01 pm »
So uh.

Who the heck is Voivod? I picked up a deluxe version of their "War and Pain" album today and haven't listened to it yet.