Author Topic: Gamer Metalheads  (Read 51604 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Gamer Metalheads
« Reply #315 on: December 31, 2013, 08:02:33 am »
There are better bands that make use of an orchestra than TSO.

Like who?

Seriously, I'd like to give them a listen.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

pacpix

« Reply #316 on: January 08, 2014, 11:28:32 pm »
If anyone is interested it is Metal Month at goHastings right now.  Their definition of metal is quite broad (I saw a few Police albums in there!), but the prices are good.  I have not looked through it all yet, but I did see a few of deals here:
Arise Awesome band, well at least this album and the one before that Beneath the Remains.  Highly recommend if you enjoy a touch of death metal in your thrash metal.
Black Sabbath  The start of DooOOOooOOom metal, my second favorite Sabbath album behind Paranoid.
Turn Loose the Swans  I'll probably pick this one up since it has the bonus commentary on the second disc and it is my favorite album.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

tripredacus

« Reply #317 on: January 09, 2014, 07:53:36 pm »
There are better bands that make use of an orchestra than TSO.

Like who?

Seriously, I'd like to give them a listen.

Sonata Arctica

Dimmu Borgir

Turisas

I kinda count Diabolical Masquerade, although they do not use an actual orchestra.

Veilor

« Reply #318 on: January 26, 2014, 02:28:39 pm »
Metalhead here, I listen to a lot of bands, mostly Melodic Death Metal & Power Metal. You can check out my lastfm profile (picture is really old btw) http://www.lastfm.se/user/Veilors/library

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #319 on: January 26, 2014, 02:34:19 pm »
Metalhead here, I listen to a lot of bands, mostly Melodic Death Metal & Power Metal. You can check out my lastfm profile (picture is really old btw) http://www.lastfm.se/user/Veilors/library

I can't tell what you like because it all shows up in a foreign language when I click the link.

Veilor

« Reply #320 on: January 26, 2014, 02:52:22 pm »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #321 on: January 26, 2014, 02:59:20 pm »
This better? http://www.last.fm/user/Veilors/library?setlang=en

Much better. And very nice tastes, my friend. \m/

I think we have a lot of bands in common:

http://www.last.fm/user/BurningDoom

Though I have a bit more 80s hair metal.

Veilor

« Reply #322 on: January 26, 2014, 05:05:28 pm »
You do, but nice taste in music you have!

pacpix

« Reply #323 on: February 01, 2014, 05:24:04 pm »
It is a little bit different from the doom metal I normally listen to, but I have been loving this album.

Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #324 on: March 08, 2014, 08:31:55 pm »
My new guitar! The Viper. Looked cool and it was cheap. Got an amp with it, too. I'm excited to learn how to play now!

I also picked up Rocksmith for XBox 360. Seemed like a fun way to learn the basics and track my progression.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:04:33 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #325 on: March 08, 2014, 09:04:38 pm »
As my avatar shows, I'm very much a metalhead.  One of my favorite games of this past generation was Brutal Legend, to the point that I now have a cosplay of Eddie Riggs to wear! lol As for the style of metal I'm into, it's abit all over the place, though I'd probably say Heavy, Thrash, and Power are my bread and butter.  Maiden, Priest, Megadeth, Annihilator, Iced Earth, Symphony X, etc.  From that stuff gets abit more particular such as melodic death metal like November's Doom or Amon Amarth, the doom metal, etc.  Some progressive stuff is mixed in, whatever genre Devin Townsend might be dabbling in at the time, and it can include more novelty stuff like Babymetal that is surprisingly fun to me and I don't care if others say that removes my "metal card" lol

I do play a little guitar, nothing impressive, just riff stuff I've learned since highschool, some Megadeth, Metallica, I can play a little Iron Maiden, Ozzy, I don't play with a band, just sorta do it as a way to past the time these days.  My guitar is a Faded Gibson SG I got around 2003, though it's seen better days and kinda needs an overhaul with fine tuning the gear as even tuning it, it never really sounds like it use from lack of some proper regular cleaning and upkeep.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #326 on: March 08, 2014, 09:07:33 pm »
^ Nice tastes! You named a lot of my favorites.

BTW, is this particular page (no others on the site) annoyingly laggy and taking far too long to load for anyone else? I thought it might have been from too many YouTube videos being posted on it, so I deleted a few of my posts containing them, and it didn't seem to help.

« Reply #327 on: March 08, 2014, 11:08:21 pm »
^ Nice tastes! You named a lot of my favorites.

BTW, is this particular page (no others on the site) annoyingly laggy and taking far too long to load for anyone else? I thought it might have been from too many YouTube videos being posted on it, so I deleted a few of my posts containing them, and it didn't seem to help.

Seemed fine to me, so I can't say for sure.

scott

« Reply #328 on: March 09, 2014, 12:42:24 am »
My new guitar!

Nice! Good luck, I tried learning guitar forever ago and got super frustrated with it. Then like 6 years ago I picked up Bass and learned that really easy.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

Warmsignal

« Reply #329 on: March 10, 2014, 07:42:51 pm »
Not diehard. I'm not a diehard to any music genre, gotta spread that love around. As far as metal, progressive metal is where I'm at, and some of it's offshoots as well. Used to be into "tech death" but haven't followed that genre in a while.