Author Topic: Wii U, who's getting it?  (Read 11526 times)

scott

Re: Wii U, who's getting it?
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2012, 10:59:43 am »
Ha nice!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2012, 11:34:05 am »
I had my Wii U for all of about 10 mins.   On my way out of Walmart, some guy say me carrying it to my car and offered me $500.00 cash for it.  I'd be stupid to pass on that deal, so I sold it.

Ha, at least he offered you cash for it.  In my part of the country, you'd have to be careful who saw you walking out with it...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

tpugmire

« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2012, 11:37:19 am »
Yeah, now I just hope I can find another one soon.  My sister works at a different walmart like 300 miles away, and I have her on alert to find another. 
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

darko

« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2012, 01:42:16 pm »
Yeah, now I just hope I can find another one soon.  My sister works at a different walmart like 300 miles away, and I have her on alert to find another.

If I can find one here in OK, I'll sell it to you SHIPPED for the low, low price of $495 :)

« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2012, 05:22:55 pm »
I got to try it out today. I enjoyed the Rayman game, but I wanted to see how it would preform at its highest capabilities. I will not be getting it, but I admit it was interesting.

blipcs76

« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2012, 10:02:45 am »
I got to try it out today. I enjoyed the Rayman game, but I wanted to see how it would preform at its highest capabilities. I will not be getting it, but I admit it was interesting.

i finally got to try it this weekend and Rayman was the only playable demo, so I messed around with that for a while.  The level I played was a blast, combining running platforming with a rhythm game set to a really great cover of Black Betty.  It was really fun.

The gamepad felt great in my hands; all of the buttons were easily accessible, the screen was sharp and responsive and it felt light, but solid and well-built.

I'll be picking one up eventually, probably in the next year or so after more must-have games are released for it and we have a better feel for the system's longevity.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2012, 10:04:29 am »
My Mom called today to ask, "Do you think your brother would like to have a WiiU?  They have one here at Target."  Of course, I said he would; but all I was thinking "I know someone who would love one of those."

darko

« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2012, 10:09:33 am »
I've been reading some complaints about freezing issues and potentially bricking the WiiU during the 5GB update that's already out.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 10:11:22 am by darko »

soera

« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2012, 10:11:59 am »
My Mom called today to ask, "Do you think your brother would like to have a WiiU?  They have one here at Target."  Of course, I said he would; but all I was thinking "I know someone who would love one of those."

Awww how nice you were thinking of me!!!

soera

« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2012, 10:12:56 am »
I've been reading some complaints about freezing issues and potentially bricking the WiiU during the 5GB update that's already out.

This is the reason I never buy first release systems. RROD, YLOD, etc ... just always something wrong when most systems are released.

jobocan

« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2012, 01:13:15 pm »

This is the reason I never buy first release systems. RROD, YLOD, etc ... just always something wrong when most systems are released.

It's not a problem with the system actually, it's a problem with the users turning the system off while it's updating.

Oh, and the update is 1.5GB, not 5 :p

darko

« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2012, 01:20:52 pm »

It's not a problem with the system actually, it's a problem with the users turning the system off while it's updating.

Ahh...well I stand corrected. I don't even have one so there you go!

soera

« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2012, 02:11:45 pm »

Even still. I really am skeptical of first release systems. The bugs are almost never truely worked out til the system is in the hands of consumers. Eventually something is found out and they remake the system better. Usually with a price drop too. Win-win for me. Plus paired with the fact that there really isnt a single game out yet that appeals to me on it, I dont mind waiting.

soera

« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2012, 07:42:15 pm »
I just saw 4 deluxe and probably 8 base systems at the Walmart I was just at. If only their layaway was til paid off, I would have snagged one.

pacpix

« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2012, 08:37:20 pm »

Ha found this the other day.  Kung Pow is one of my favorite movies. :)
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)