Author Topic: Recently Added to Other Collections  (Read 92443 times)

bobster

Re: Recently Added to Other Collections
« Reply #585 on: December 10, 2014, 08:36:51 am »
Man I haven't listened to lostprophets in ages. I guess I'm sad to hear they got a new singer? How is it Scott?
Currently Playing: The Witcher

scott

« Reply #586 on: December 10, 2014, 09:14:24 am »
I'm digging the new stuff. Its not the same kind of music as what lostprophets played. Instead its got a bit of a post-punk, almost 80s feel to it. Lots of folks are saying its similar to Joy Division or The Cure.

Their new singer is solid too and has a good range. The singles didn't have any screaming in them. But he is from a post-hardcore punk band called Thursday and he has a screamo side project. So I'm sure he's able, if the track calls for it.

They are also adamant that they are a completely new band and refuse to play their old catalog of songs. Their old singer is in jail for the next 35 years for doing stuff to babies and kids... Apparently the band had no clue, cause they were living in the states and he was in England or something. And they now feel that they can't play their old stuff because he tainted it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 09:28:13 am by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

bobster

« Reply #587 on: December 10, 2014, 09:23:00 am »
Wow that's quite a story. Who'd have thought! I'll have to check them out. Thanks Scott!

scott

« Reply #588 on: December 10, 2014, 09:30:13 am »
I'm on my phone right now, or I'd link them, but you can find videos on YouTube of the songs. I'd suggest it for sure.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #589 on: December 10, 2014, 09:49:24 am »
I dont get the nostalgia for vinyl. CD's (for those that prefer physical form of media) are vastly superior in every imaginable way. What is the appeal for vinyl?

For me, and this is just my opinion, vinyl is more fun.  I can turn everything else off in the house and just listen to a record.  Radio and CDs, for some reason, are just something else in the background.  In the summer, like to sit out on my deck with record going and drink a beer. 

There's something about that pop and hiss that just makes the music better.  It's like it demands attention.  It may be part of the ritual of pulling that big bastard out of the sleeve, putting it on the turntable, and lowering the needle.  I don't really know.

Another opinion of mine is coming, so stand back.  Only things that were recorded for vinyl sound good on vinyl.  I bought an Avenged Sevenfold vinyl thinking it would be awesome.  It wasn't.  I just doesn't sound right.  The Doors, on the other hand, have a different feel on a record.

tl;dr I like vinyl.  Classic rock is better that way.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #590 on: December 20, 2014, 05:02:57 pm »
Picked up some 90s awesomeness today at Goodwill! It's like I'm in 8th grade all over again.

« Reply #591 on: January 12, 2015, 12:07:01 am »
The big find of today was a brand new yu-gi-oh dungeon dice monsters starter set at the flea market for $4, pretty nice addition to my almost non existent, but growing yu-gi-oh collection :)

Warmsignal

« Reply #592 on: February 06, 2015, 12:08:53 am »

Recently got this album. Thoughts so far - it's not quite as enjoyable as the previous two, but still good. This album is heavy on the ambiance and droning repetition of sound collages instead of being a rhythm and melody type of deal. So it's a bit different, but some surprisingly catchy numbers on here. I think I like the first half of the album better than the second half, which gets a little too spacey for me.

Been meaning to get a physical copy of this for years. I was sure FYE didn't carry it, that was until it showed up mysteriously in the clearance bin.  ??? Great album, anyway.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 12:18:33 am by Warmsignal »

foxhack

« Reply #593 on: February 17, 2015, 06:31:58 pm »

+5 for the weirdness pile.

Unfortunately these seem to have burnt in Chinese subtitles... WHY DO YOU DO THIS, WHY.

bobster

« Reply #594 on: February 18, 2015, 09:09:23 am »

+5 for the weirdness pile.

Unfortunately these seem to have burnt in Chinese subtitles... WHY DO YOU DO THIS, WHY.
I love seeing the random stuff you pick up Fox. Never stop living the dream!

mrnikon

« Reply #595 on: February 22, 2015, 12:32:29 am »
I just picked up a bunch of 78s the other day, some nice Benny Goodmen recordings, there is smoothing about the sound of a 78. Sure its not the best audio quality, but the fuzz and over are sound to them i kind of like it. I also picked up a punk 7 inch disc limited edition 928/1500  box set some nice picture discs on a heavy grade 180gsm vinyl.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #596 on: February 22, 2015, 07:38:56 pm »
Check out what I got today for a $1!

Avengers #33 from October 1966!

Yeah, the cover is ripped. But who cares? It's a Silver-Age Avengers issue for only $1! This is only my 2nd Silver-Age super-hero book. The other one is a 1966 Batman Annual that is completely missing the cover. (I used to have some 50s & 60s war comics, but I was never into those, so I gave them to someone that appreciated them more.)

Found it at this cool little shop I just discovered existed in my area that sells used games, movies, and comics. Not the best stuff there, but it's also pretty new and unheard of. If it gains traction, I'm sure it will get better merchandise.

abe

« Reply #597 on: February 26, 2015, 09:37:17 pm »
Got this in the mail today! :D

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

foxhack

« Reply #598 on: February 28, 2015, 04:08:41 pm »
It's the DVD finds of doom.

Meet the Feebles is an unlicensed DVD release. The Descendants was technically sealed - no shrinkwrap, but the seal was still there.

From yesterday - both were $1. The one on the left has four horror flicks, the one on the left has two suspense films.

I admit, I paid way too much for all of these. But they're all sealed. It's impossible to find these old Digiview DVDs in sealed condition nowadays. The seller had tons more available but he was being a jerk and was overcharging me for everything. His employee always asks for a buck - or less - per set...

« Reply #599 on: May 03, 2015, 08:50:27 pm »
With all the DBZ hype lately, such as the movie coming up and the new Dragon Ball tv show also in the works, my need for collecting DB stuff has returned (I totally need to get the movie collection action figures.  I had Cooler and Vegeta at one point, but I regret getting rid of them lol).  If you by chance have any of those movie collection figures for sale, I'm really interested.  Loose is preferable.  I'm not wanting display stuff as much these days and cheaper that way.

Picked this Trunks up at a local anime/japanese store cause it was actually reasonably priced at 25 bucks, though I'm wondering if that's a mistake.  This thing goes from anywhere around 20 to 60 online lol I'd love to get the SSJ Vegeta and Goku statues to kinda match this.